KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Comparing Quality of sound Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm used to the sounds of Sound Choice, Chartbusters, MM etc. A lot of companies that had great sound that are now gone. There are a lot of different companies that I'm not familiar with, such as... DCK, SBI, KV, BS, MRH, VSK, BHK and others. Out of the newer ones, which do you think has the better sound? By that, I mean sounds that most resemble the original song.

Thanks,
Songster

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Every manufacturer has their gems and flops. Don't limit your choice to one manufacturer. SBI, Karaoke Version, Mr Entertainer, Sunfly, Zoom, Vocal Star, Party Tyme, even newer Digitrax (Karaoke Cloud) songs all have top quality tracks.
And MM I would never consider one of the great ones just fyi :D Most have sample clips before you purchase (assuming you are buying downloads since cdg's are almost completely dead these days). Here's a site to search with links to the corresponding manufacturer to purchase from. Listen to the samples and then you can decide.

https://db.openkj.org

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:00 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Lonman,
Thank you very much! The website makes it soooo easy to choose which manufacturer you want to buy from. I'm really glad you included it.

Thanks again,
Songster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:52 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
I use iCroons pretty much has every karaoke song every made, with several exceptions, but also there are links to purchase new music from KV, Party Tyme, etc. As a singer doing shows I've used KV and Party Tyme for many of the new Groban tracks and they're pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:31 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Capt Frank wrote:
I use iCroons pretty much has every karaoke song every made, with several exceptions, but also there are links to purchase new music from KV, Party Tyme, etc. As a singer doing shows I've used KV and Party Tyme for many of the new Groban tracks and they're pretty good.
Please :roll: Icroons is the furthest from complete listing only 3 manufacturers results (Karaoke Version, Sunfly US and Party Tyme). https://db.openkj.org/ has everything icroons lists PLUS 4 more manufacturers (SBI, Zoom, All Star & Digitrax) available.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Lonman wrote:
Every manufacturer has their gems and flops. Don't limit your choice to one manufacturer. SBI, Karaoke Version, Mr Entertainer, Sunfly, Zoom, Vocal Star, Party Tyme, even newer Digitrax (Karaoke Cloud) songs all have top quality tracks.
And MM I would never consider one of the great ones just fyi :D Most have sample clips before you purchase (assuming you are buying downloads since cdg's are almost completely dead these days). Here's a site to search with links to the corresponding manufacturer to purchase from. Listen to the samples and then you can decide.

totally agree with this except for the MM disc's, i think they fall in the same category as the rest! gems and flops, maybe a few more flops then others but you can't rule them out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:49 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mightywiz wrote:
Lonman wrote:

totally agree with this except for the MM disc's, i think they fall in the same category as the rest! gems and flops, maybe a few more flops then others but you can't rule them out.

Oh I didn't say they didn't have their 'gems', that would fall into the 'every manufacturer' has their gems and flops. I said I wouldn't consider them one of the 'great' ones.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Lonman wrote:
mightywiz wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Oh I didn't say they didn't have their 'gems', that would fall into the 'every manufacturer' has their gems and flops. I said I wouldn't consider them one of the 'great' ones.

feeling is mutual on that one!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
Don't forget MM's Velvet Elvis set, they're pretty good.
And the Oldies Sets ain't so bad either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:36 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Warrenkel16 wrote:
Don't forget MM's Velvet Elvis set, they're pretty good.
And the Oldies Sets ain't so bad either.
Except they've been out of biz for several years now (one of the first to go down for unlicensed music) and anything you buy these days are most likely pirated stock made to look legit.