KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Worst Karaoke Brands Out There? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:08 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
max wrote:

hi, ty for the reply, I guess that's my point...27,000 in tracks BUT how much in equip? 2,000? 3,000? wouldn't you think it should be the other way around? around my area most host spend a few hundred bucks on equip then charge 100.00 with a few hundred in tracks..then when it fails and someone comes around asking to host karaoke they say, oh sorry we tried it but it didn't work out...when the truth is it never had a chance...just Watered down karaoke...
If you want to calculate from the very beginning, then my equipment costs are in the 100 thousands. If you are looking at what is invested in my current active system it's around 6500 (with a 2nd system close to that as well). Music is an ongoing expense, I average around 1000 new tracks purchased every year.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:01 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
They all have their diamonds in the rough, some that are solely unique to them only. Me personally wouldn't delete anything.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:39 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
max wrote:
If I'm to believe pretty much everyone on this site, each person invest around 20 to $30.000 for their tracks yet only charge what? 175 to $200.00 a gig? NOT counting equip..is that about right?

I bought about 1200 tracks from a small time karaoke company that went out of business for relatively cheap... I tripled my book size with low quality tracks, (but still paid for them) and replaced crappy versions with good ones as they got sung.

I'm currently at about 7000 tracks, with a total investment of somewhere between $4-$5000 on music. It doesn't have to be wildly expensive if you know where to look.

You, my friend, pretty obviously have a one of those hard drive packed with illegal music that is perpetuating a major problem in our industry, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if these fine folks take exception.

Just fyi ;)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile