KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Open KJ Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Open KJ
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:11 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Alan, if I may interject. My hosting software shows me a time that the program is estimating what will be the end time given the number of requests that are in the que. If the show happens to be a busy, the KJ can just glance at the "estimated" time the show will end and determine if he/she can take more requests or none at all. So let's just say at 11:40 the program is estimating that the current end time will be 12:50 and closing is 1am. With this estimated time the KJ can say sorry, but no more requests are being taken because we have enough singers that will take us to closing time or the KJ might take one or two more requests. The KJ could also make the announcement for no more requests and if the end time is short of the expected 1am closing he/she can close with a group sing-a-long closing song. Granted, the program is only providing an estimated end time. No program or human for that matter can say that the show will absolutely end at say 1am by the number of singers in the que. Singers get to the mic at different rate of speed and some will dilly dally while walking up to the stage, taking a final sip from their drink and setting it on the table before grabbing the mic. Insinuating the KJ is lazy because he/she would like to have this feature in their hosting program is pretty harsh. You may not see value in this feature, but others might. Just my 2 cents.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
bazinga wrote:
Alan, if I may interject. My hosting software shows me a time that the program is estimating what will be the end time given the number of requests that are in the que. If the show happens to be a busy, the KJ can just glance at the "estimated" time the show will end and determine if he/she can take more requests or none at all. So let's just say at 11:40 the program is estimating that the current end time will be 12:50 and closing is 1am. With this estimated time the KJ can say sorry, but no more requests are being taken because we have enough singers that will take us to closing time or the KJ might take one or two more requests. The KJ could also make the announcement for no more requests and if the end time is short of the expected 1am closing he/she can close with a group sing-a-long closing song. Granted, the program is only providing an estimated end time. No program or human for that matter can say that the show will absolutely end at say 1am by the number of singers in the que. Singers get to the mic at different rate of speed and some will dilly dally while walking up to the stage, taking a final sip from their drink and setting it on the table before grabbing the mic. Insinuating the KJ is lazy because he/she would like to have this feature in their hosting program is pretty harsh. You may not see value in this feature, but others might. Just my 2 cents.

The hosting software that I use (CompuHost) shows the time a request was turned in, the time of your last performance, and the time of your next performance. If I wanted to, I could use that to gauge the time the last singer of the night would be coming up. So, it would tell me, for example, John's next performance is at 12:53 which would give me 7 minutes before quitting time.

But the truth is, I've never used it as a tool for when my show is going to end. If I see that's it's 10 minutes to 1, I know that I can get 2 singers up before quitting. It's just common sense. I don't need to rely on software to tell me that. I am in control of my show and rely on myself. I don't need software to do it for me.

With that said, I understand where you're coming from and your point is well taken.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Alan, to be fair to Danny, I don't use Compuhost either. I have tried the demo version and I struggled with getting to know how to use the program from the start. Maybe I just need to spend more time figuring it out, but I just don't really see the point.

This wasn't about Danny's choice of hosting software or about the correct way of naming your files. It was about bragging about a program that, according to Danny, tells you when your show will end. And that is the absurdity of it and what I'm referring to.

If you have a 4 hour show that starts at 9, your show is going to end at 1 (hey, I didn't need any software to tell me that). Which means, if it's 12:50, you got time for at least one more singer before ending the show. Do you really need to rely on software to help you figure that out? It's the most anal thing I've ever heard. And that's what I'm responding to... Just how ridiculous he can be.

Actually, you are totally wrong with everything. You go into the settings and enter the time for the last song. The software actually shuts down the request taking when the total playlist time reaches my stop time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
mrscott wrote:
Alan, to be fair to Danny, I don't use Compuhost either. I have tried the demo version and I struggled with getting to know how to use the program from the start. Maybe I just need to spend more time figuring it out, but I just don't really see the point.

This wasn't about Danny's choice of hosting software or about the correct way of naming your files. It was about bragging about a program that, according to Danny, tells you when your show will end. And that is the absurdity of it and what I'm referring to.

If you have a 4 hour show that starts at 9, your show is going to end at 1 (hey, I didn't need any software to tell me that). Which means, if it's 12:50, you got time for at least one more singer before ending the show. Do you really need to rely on software to help you figure that out? It's the most anal thing I've ever heard. And that's what I'm responding to... Just how ridiculous he can be.

Actually, you are totally wrong with everything. You go into the settings and enter the time for the last song. The software actually shuts down the request taking when the total playlist time reaches my stop time.

Wow, Danny. I guess I'm just not as good of a KJ as you since my software doesn't have that feature. Damn! Now I get it, Danny... it's not about your hosting skills, it's about the software you use that makes you a good KJ. Thanks Danny, for making me understand this. I only wish I could be as good as you! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:26 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Alan B wrote:
No I don't concede. If you have to rely on software to tell you when it's time to end your show is pretty bad.
That was not the question. That was never the question. Nice going, you completely derailed a perfectly good thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
Elementary Penguin wrote:
Alan B wrote:
No I don't concede. If you have to rely on software to tell you when it's time to end your show is pretty bad.
That was not the question. That was never the question. Nice going, you completely derailed a perfectly good thread.

WHO derailed a perfectly good thread?????

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:14 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Earl wrote:
Elementary Penguin wrote:
Alan B wrote:

WHO derailed a perfectly good thread?????

Danny did. Go back to page 1 of this thread and you'll see where he goes off in a million directions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
DannyG2006 are you drunk? Justkaraoke is better? ? ?

Not even close.

Have you ever noticed how Danny will always take the inferior product and claim it's better than the superior product? Example: VocoPro mics are better than Shure mics. He does this all the time. And that's why he has no credibility.

And let's not forget how he's quick to blame a product for not working correctly when the problem is his doing, since nobody else has the same issues he complains about. But nevertheless, he'll always blame the hardware, software, or whatever when the issue is his fault.

Just saying...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Alan B wrote:

Not even close.

Have you ever noticed how Danny will always take the inferior product and claim it's better than the superior product? Example: VocoPro mics are better than Shure mics. He does this all the time. And that's why he has no credibility.

And let's not forget how he's quick to blame a product for not working correctly when the problem is his doing, since nobody else has the same issues he complains about. But nevertheless, he'll always blame the hardware, software, or whatever when the issue is his fault.

Just saying...

Spoken by a loser who has to bash another product just to justify his purchase. Talk about loss of credibility. I initially was on target. The op was talking about history, something that really is lacking in OpenKJ. No derail at all. It was the idiot responses from Alan that started the actual derail. Put the blame where it really belongs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Not even close.

Just saying...

Spoken by a loser who has to bash another product just to justify his purchase. Talk about loss of credibility. I initially was on target. The op was talking about history, something that really is lacking in OpenKJ. No derail at all. It was the idiot responses from Alan that started the actual derail. Put the blame where it really belongs.

Danny, Danny, Danny. What are we going to do with you?

First of all, I don't have to justify anything. Unlike you, I purchase quality equipment. If I'm impressed with it, I will share my enthusiasm and recommendations.

In your case, you will buy junk and then try to convince yourself and everyone else just how great it is. That is until you discover what a mistake you made and move on to the next thing.

Remember the Eon One fiasco? I do. You've done this with everything from mics to mixers. Then, you ask people for help and advice and you don't take it which really pi$$es people off.

Danny, I'm sure I speak for the rest of the community when I say... we have listened to you and have been bewildered. We have tried to understand you and figure out where you are coming from... which isn't an easy task. You are a confusing individual who has caused many people on this forum to scratch their heads in disbelief from reading some of your posts.

I would highly suggest you get yourself a gerbil. Love it, bond with it, and raise it as your own. It might give you a feeling of accomplishment if you were to successfully care for this little animal. Maybe owning a gerbil will distract you from posting the ridiculous things that you do.

I can only hope that you have a nice day, my friend. Later...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3