KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The Standard answer to all those "Where can I find.." posts Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
I found a Home Made version of the song in karaoke format by Makem & Clancy. It definitely has an Irish feel to it but I still haven't located a Merle Haggard version?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I've mis-led you, but not on purpose... Merle never did that song... I just typed Merle into the data base, knowing he has a gazillion karaoke tracks, just to see if the data base was working for me... but it wasn't giving any answers early this morning.

We usually do a sing-along at the end of the night, and I thought "A Place In The Choir" would be perfect, if I could ever find it in a karaoke track. The Celtic Thunder version is the one I'm familiar with. They were an amazing group, but don't think they exist anymore.

Sorry... didn't mean to cause confusion.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:48 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Earl wrote:
Re: OpenKJ data base............Could someone please check to see if its working. Thanks.

Working fine on my end Earl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:07 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Earl wrote:
I've mis-led you, but not on purpose... Merle never did that song... I just typed Merle into the data base, knowing he has a gazillion karaoke tracks, just to see if the data base was working for me... but it wasn't giving any answers early this morning.

We usually do a sing-along at the end of the night, and I thought "A Place In The Choir" would be perfect, if I could ever find it in a karaoke track. The Celtic Thunder version is the one I'm familiar with. They were an amazing group, but don't think they exist anymore.

Sorry... didn't mean to cause confusion.

No problem. Was just trying to help. I know how most people on this forum feel about Home Made Karaoke tracks so I won't leave any info on where to look for it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Earl wrote:
Re: OpenKJ data base.
Looks like, as of this morning (March 5, 2019) the data base search is not working... or perhaps it's a problem from this end.

Could someone please check to see if its working. Thanks.

Working fine here, Earl. https://db.openkj.org/

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
This is just too weird. I click on the link that I have in my "favorites", and also on the link that Brian provided... and the site comes up, but when I try to do a search, ANY search, it doesn't produce results.. It worked fine a month ago, and it's working for everybody else...

I must have some sort of gremlin in this confuser, but I have no clue as to what it could be or where to look. I've re-booted to no avail.

It's things like this that sometimes make me want to go back to pre-computer days.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]