KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Backdrops and or staging Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Backdrops and or staging
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:37 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 13 times
As with most karaoke that I have seen and have been to..most kj just sit up there equipment a few lights and go for it.but has anyone ever thought of the visual part of their show. I know it not a theatre production but when I think about doing a show..i approach as if it is
those that have a regular performance space should think about dressing the stage area up and have more of a visual impact and changing it up ever so often so it doesnt become visual boring. Although most kjs I know of set up and tear down so doing something like this would just added more work and take time..which no one wants

Just food for thought is all

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:05 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
A lot depends on the venue..
I see Las Vegas shows with full tilt drapes, lights, accessories, even tip jars.
Others not so much..

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:36 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
jdmeister wrote:
A lot depends on the venue..
I see Las Vegas shows with full tilt drapes, lights, accessories, even tip jars.
Others not so much..

Really, it does. There is a definite "feel" difference that is sometimes out of the KJ's hands--there is really no staging area at my regular bar, which changes the tone of the night and makes things oddly communal, whereas places with a clearly demarcated and structurally installed stage makes things feel more showy and performative.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Some places do not have the area to set up lights and fancy add ons like that.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:44 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
GK Productions wrote:
As with most karaoke that I have seen and have been to..most kj just sit up there equipment a few lights and go for it.but has anyone ever thought of the visual part of their show. I know it not a theatre production but when I think about doing a show..i approach as if it is
those that have a regular performance space should think about dressing the stage area up and have more of a visual impact and changing it up ever so often so it doesnt become visual boring. Although most kjs I know of set up and tear down so doing something like this would just added more work and take time..which no one wants

Just food for thought is all

I agree that the visual impact would be great but at most venues, there's either no time or a good space to put it. It's just one more thing to carry around and take up room in the vehicle. BUT... if I had a permanent gig like Lonnie or Brian, and I was able to set one up permanently, I would do it. Other wise, not worth the effort.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:42 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
I love the idea of a production type set-up but as most have indicated it's usually too difficult. On my Monday and Tuesday shows (same venue) I try and at least have some lights, a speaker for singers and a a few tv's; one for singers and one for audience. I've tried up lights around the stage but it's just too much of a hassle. Having a stage is GREAT for karaoke and I truly believe this is why this particular show (s) are so successful.