KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - HELP!!! Karaoke-Version Songs with wrong numbers... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Consider this KJ Killer... I did my "home work" as you put it and was not able to recover the numbers by any other means... So I asked for help here. I was very specific in my request and I think the request was in a pleasant tone? So isn't it also "rude" to post suggesting I "do my home work" or several posts stating all the ways to get the numbers that I have already tried and or do not have access to? I started the topic with a specific request... why is it rude to expect a specific answer?

I apologize if the tone sounds rude. I don't have a back up of those songs. I don't have access to my first two accounts with those songs. You can call me names all you want (also rude), but those are the facts. I do not have to air my business issues on a karaoke forum, so I am not going to explain in infinity "why" until people "understand". I shouldn't have to.

I asked exactly what I was looking for and was clear about it. So I am simply asking others not to be rude by offering up every alternative to what I am actually asking and simply help if you can and if you can't, that's ok.

~ DJ Sultan

ps... I did look on Icroons and openKJ with no luck... I have regularly scoured the internet for anyone with an online book that might have the numbers (multiple hours on end). I have done everything else possible to find these numbers and continue to do so. I am not sitting on my thumbs asking others to "do my home work". I am simply asking for help IF you have the numbers. I am not asking anyone to join the search for the numbers. So those that don't have the numbers, this topic doesn't apply.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:06 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Part of doing your "HOMEWORK" is making sure that you have a back up hard drive that is an exact duplicate of your show drive. How many KJs here have no back up hard drive or a second laptop computer...."JUST IN CASE"? Hard drives are very inexpensive these days. There is no reason for a "professional" KJ not to have at least one back up hard drive. I don't know about anyone else but I have my password for karaoke version saved as a text document as I do with just about every web site that I use. I have all of my passwords saved on mulitiple computers desktops and laptops; JUST IN CASE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:52 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Again KV is good with retrieving forgotten usernames and passwords, all you need to do is contact them to retrieve your 2 past accounts. But that's all I'll say on that.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
DJ Sultan wrote:
Consider this KJ Killer... I did my "home work" as you put it and was not able to recover the numbers by any other means... So I asked for help here. I was very specific in my request and I think the request was in a pleasant tone? So isn't it also "rude" to post suggesting I "do my home work" or several posts stating all the ways to get the numbers that I have already tried and or do not have access to? I started the topic with a specific request... why is it rude to expect a specific answer?

I apologize if the tone sounds rude. I don't have a back up of those songs. I don't have access to my first two accounts with those songs. You can call me names all you want (also rude), but those are the facts. I do not have to air my business issues on a karaoke forum, so I am not going to explain in infinity "why" until people "understand". I shouldn't have to.

I asked exactly what I was looking for and was clear about it. So I am simply asking others not to be rude by offering up every alternative to what I am actually asking and simply help if you can and if you can't, that's ok.

~ DJ Sultan

ps... I did look on Icroons and openKJ with no luck... I have regularly scoured the internet for anyone with an online book that might have the numbers (multiple hours on end). I have done everything else possible to find these numbers and continue to do so. I am not sitting on my thumbs asking others to "do my home work". I am simply asking for help IF you have the numbers. I am not asking anyone to join the search for the numbers. So those that don't have the numbers, this topic doesn't apply.

I get why people are upset. Since your numbers have absolutely no real purpose, why not use them in state they are in. It's been years since I have used numbers or codes for my songs, In my mind they serve no purpose. In place of the numbers I have replaced them with the brand name. But I always keep a backup of my files. In this computer age, common sense dictates, always backup important information or files. It's the Professional thing to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
Anyone who comes here, and with their very first post asks for help to a complicated problem, yet demands nobody ask questions of why, is going to come off as a rude person with an entitled mentality.

How about joining the community rather than leaching off of it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:55 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

In his defense he did state he wanted original number to determine between versions within a manufacturer. Which I get as well, however on the flipside 9 out of 10 times the difference between songs within a manufacturer are typically reflected either in the title or artist that would differentiate between the two versions even without a number.
Like the example given
Pancho & Lefty - Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard
Pancho & Lefty - Willie Nelson

Although I do not believe KV ever made a Willie Nelson only version of Pancho and Lefty as it 1) was always a duet for Willie & Merle and 2) even if KV loses graphics rights to a song, they will always keep it as an instrumental which one does not exist!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:44 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

There is indeed a KV version of Willie Nelson doing a solo version of Pancho & Lefty. It is 3 minutes and 51 seconds long and all of the graphics are the same color. The duet version is about a minute longer than the solo version and the graphics are in two different colors. I'm sure that over the years that Willie sang the song in a concert when Merle wasn't there. It may no longer be available on their web site but it was at one time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:24 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Then that would be a first of them deleting a graphic track AND instrumental. I have SEVERAL tracks over the years that are no longer available as graphic tracks but are still instrumentals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

They probably didn't sell that many of the solo version so they decided to pull it completely. Who wants to sing for 4 minutes when you can sing for 5 minutes? LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:25 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Doubt it, again never seen them delete an instrumental. This would be a first. I'm sure they have tons others that hardly sell.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
KV had at one time deleted the short version of In The Navy. They replaced it with the long version. I owned the short version already, got the notice it had "been improved" and accepted the download only to realize it was a completely different version with the same number. Going to the web site I found the short version was no longer available. Seeing no reason to delete what I'd paid for, I added the long version to my book while retaining the short version.

This discussion made me go back and check, and lo and behold they restored the short version along side the long version, and they now each have their own product number. Interestingly, it shows me owning the short version without owning the long version. But they sent me the long version as an "improvement" of the first version I'd purchased.

I guess technically I now have a track I didn't pay for. They wiped out my status as a legal host by changing one product number, and I just found out!!! I shall fall on my sword now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:06 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

I do that on all 'updated' tracks, just download them as a new number and keep the old just in case.