KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - HELP!!! Karaoke-Version Songs with wrong numbers... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello... One of my KJs didn't know what he was doing and renumbered my KV songs with the wrong numbers... I got most of them back to the right numbers, but unfortunately KV doesn't sell these anymore, so I can't get the numbers from their catalog :-(

I am hoping someone out there has the correct numbers for these songs. The correct KV numbers are the ones that were at the end of the song zip file when purchased. If you have the numbers for any of these, please e-mail me. Or if by some odd chance you have an old kv XML catalog that might have them in it, could you please e-mail me the xml file. Thanks...

Adele - First Love
Aguilera, Christina - I Am
Aguilera, Christina - Save Me From Myself
Anka, Paul - Jump
Anka, Paul - Mr Brightside
Baseballs - California Gurls (Found... KV-115094)
Bassey, Shirley - Get The Party Started
Beyonce - Green Light
Beyonce - Radio
Boyce Avenue - One That Got Away
Buble, Michael - Crazy Love
Dion, Celine - My Love
Eagles - Get Over It
Eagles - Last Resort
Eagles - No More Cloudy Days
Eagles - Wasted Time
Ekko, Mikky & Rihanna - Stay
El Cata & Shakira - Loca
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Gipsy Kings - Hotel California (Spanish Mix)
Glee - Jump
Jesus Christ Superstar - Could We Start Again, Please
Justice - DANCE
Knopfler, Mark - Border Reiver
Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
Linkin Park - New Divide
Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
Mayer, John - Back To You
Mayer, John - Heartbreak Warfare
Mayer, John - My Stupid Mouth
Mayer, John - Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (Live Acoustic)
Mayer, John - Stop This Train
Mitchell, Joni - Case Of You
Muse - Psycho
Muse - Resistance
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Nelson, Willie - Pancho & Lefty
Oasis - I Hope I Think I Know
Perry, Katy - ET
Perry, Katy - Mannequin
Perry, Katy - Not Like The Movies
Perry, Katy - Thinking Of You
Prince - Gold
REM - Everybody Hurts
Rihanna - PS I'm Still Not Over You
Rufus - Once You Get Started
Scorpions - Always Somewhere
Scorpions - Believe In Love
Scorpions - Send Me An Angel
Sedaka, Neil - Hungry Years
Shelton, Blake - Home
Timberlake, Justin - That Girl
U2 - Running To Stand Still
Underwood, Carrie - Who Are You
Van Halen - Stay Frosty
Young The Giant - Cough Syrup (Found... KV-148010)

Last edited by DJ Sultan on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:16 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
K4L

I sent you a PM. Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:25 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
When you say "ONE" of your KJs; I would think that "ONE" of your other KJs would have the same files on the system that they use and you could just copy that Karaoke Version folder from one system to the other. No?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
I checked out a couple of the songs on your list and both of them were still for sale on Karaoke version's web site. If they are available and you were the person who originally purchased them; you would be able to download them again and get the numbers that you are looking for. Hmmmm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
This is why I save all my KV order confirmation emails to a karaoke folder in my email program and all my downloaded zip files to a KV folder on my local hard drive. I then copy, and rename them to my music database location leaving the original zips intact.

Even if they get pulled for some reason and are no longer available on the KV site, I still have the original info and download on my local disk.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
dsm2000 wrote:
This is why I save all my KV order confirmation emails to a karaoke folder in my email program and all my downloaded zip files to a KV folder on my local hard drive. I then copy, and rename them to my music database location leaving the original zips intact.

Even if they get pulled for some reason and are no longer available on the KV site, I still have the original info and download on my local disk.

You do realize that anything you bought from KV can still be downloaded even though it's been pulled from the sale site. Every single track I have that I bought that is no longer available to buy - I can still download in my purchased tracks, click on "My Files" and search for the song you want within that search bar - not the main search bar. And click download on those songs, it should bring up a save window with the track info for saving just like you would have originally - which included the original manufacturer id number
Plus you can download every receipt (in "My Orders") with the actual track number that you downloaded in the reference number column. And if you are looking for specific songs, you can take the pdf files, copy the purchased song info (including reference track) and paste into a spread sheet and sort and search. Here is a small example. That way you'd have every single 'original' download code that came with the track, and also know at a glance if what you've downloaded matches what you've purchased. I've found I have missed some on occasion.

Attachments:
screen shot excel.png
screen shot excel.png [ 74.12 KiB | Viewed 40269 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
You do realize that anything you bought from KV can still be downloaded even though it's been pulled from the sale site. Every single track I have that I bought that is no longer available to buy - I can still download in my purchased tracks, click on "My Files" and search for the song you want within that search bar - not the main search bar. And click download on those songs, it should bring up a save window with the track info for saving just like you would have originally - which included the original manufacturer id number.

Yes I know I CAN redownload them . . . The point here being - I don't have to 8>))) - Every single original download of mine sits untouched in the KV-karaoke download folder and is backed up both onsite on another drive and at another location. If KV happened to up and close it's doors (as seems to happen quite a bit in this industry), All I would lose is a great place to buy downloads.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Ok but you said you were looking for the numbers for each song, if you have the original downloads in the naming convention they came with then you can get the original number for each and every song you are asking about already. So not really understanding what you need at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Ok but you said you were looking for the numbers for each song, if you have the original downloads in the naming convention they came with then you can get the original number for each and every song you are asking about already. So not really understanding what you need at this point.

Wasn't me who was looking for the numbers. I have all mine.

I did have another thread a year or so ago trying to establish the relationship between the KV number on the zip and the different KV number on the unzipped mp3 & cdg files.

If 10 people purchased the same song I wanted to know if -

All of our zipped title numbers are the same or different
All of our unzipped mp3 and cdg files have the same number or are different.

If only the zip or only the unzipped were the same for all of us, I wanted to use the number that was consistent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Why do you need the numbers in the first place? I never use them with downloads. My software, CompuHost, allows you to catalog and play any format with and without numbers. And it will assign numbers to your song library (good for using numbers in song books) if you so desire.

But anyway... fu*k the numbers.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alan B wrote:
Why do you need the numbers in the first place? I never use them with downloads. My software, CompuHost, allows you to catalog and play any format with and without numbers. And it will assign numbers to your song library (good for using numbers in song books) if you so desire.

But anyway... fu*k the numbers.

Thank you.

If the numbers are not important to you than I'll be sure to load the crappiest tinky tanky tonky midi version I can find when you come up to sing.

If a KJ can't (or won't) tell me if they have a specific version of a song, I'll go elsewhere. If they don't have it, fine. I just don't want to wait through a 35 singer rotation only to have some garbage midi version pushed on me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

dsm2000 wrote:

If the numbers are not important to you than I'll be sure to load the crappiest tinky tanky tonky midi version I can find when you come up to sing.

If a KJ can't (or won't) tell me if they have a specific version of a song, I'll go elsewhere. If they don't have it, fine. I just don't want to wait through a 35 singer rotation only to have some garbage midi version pushed on me.
Numbers mean squat. Manu code (like KV, SC, SGB, MM, etc) is what is important. If I see a choice between KV or MM - I will pick KV every time. Or SC or SGB - SC every time. A number is nothing more than the download info for the manufacturer selling the download - nothing more, I seriously doubt the HIGH majority of singers do not have any clue what 'number' any of the songs they sing are, but many still do know what the KV, SC, etv mean. Most of the kj's I know and correspond with these days don't use any identifier of any kind and go strictly by artist/title - they might have a manu code in their computer but seriously doubt anyone really keeps the original download numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Numbers mean squat. Manu code (like KV, SC, SGB, MM, etc) is what is important. If I see a choice between KV or MM - I will pick KV every time. Or SC or SGB - SC every time. A number is nothing more than the download info for the manufacturer selling the download - nothing more, I seriously doubt the HIGH majority of singers do not have any clue what 'number' any of the songs they sing are, but many still do know what the KV, SC, etv mean. Most of the kj's I know and correspond with these days don't use any identifier of any kind and go strictly by artist/title - they might have a manu code in their computer but seriously doubt anyone really keeps the original download numbers.

True . . . Many singers don't know a KV from a MM or an SC, or even care, but a professional KJ should be able to provide all requested information from the singer.

If they ask for SCXXXXX song & artist, a KJ should be able to tell them . . . Yes I have that exact song.
Having "A" SC version of that song is NOT the same as having "THE" version the singer is asking for.
Different SC versions of the same song/artist may be different key, tempo, backup singers etc.
NOT the version the singer asked for.

If a KJ does not have the version they asked for, fine, The singer can decide if they want to try a different version or a different song.

The key is to give the customer all information you are able to and let them decide what they want to do.

It's called customer service and being a professional.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
dsm2000 wrote:

If they ask for SCXXXXX song & artist, a KJ should be able to tell them . . . Yes I have that exact song.
Having "A" SC version of that song is NOT the same as having "THE" version the singer is asking for.
Different SC versions of the same song/artist may be different key, tempo, backup singers etc.

I have to agree here. A perfect example (for me) would be when I want to sing Pocket Song's version of "MOTN." It has to be from PS1054. That version is 5 1/2 minutes long. All of the other PS versions were somehow slowed down in the tempo to 6 1/2 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Numbers mean squat. Manu code (like KV, SC, SGB, MM, etc) is what is important.

Totally agree with this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
I have to agree here. A perfect example (for me) would be when I want to sing Pocket Song's version of "MOTN." It has to be from PS1054. That version is 5 1/2 minutes long. All of the other PS versions were somehow slowed down in the tempo to 6 1/2 minutes.

But you are a rare exception. Yes, some singers will request a specific version. They will say for example: I'd like to sing Folsom Prison Blues, the Chartbuster version.

In all my years of hosting karaoke, I've never had a singer come up and say... I'd like to sing Folsom Prison Blues CB60020-05. It just doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

So basically everyone here would rather state their preference, question my need for the data, or argue the validity of using numbers at all?

1. Yes... One of my KJs using my 1 system... changed the numbers.
2. That KJ no longer works for me.
3. I am on my third username and password at KV and don't have access to the old purchases
- It is nobody's business why and I am not going to explain it here.
4. Please limit your responses to helpful answers....
- If you can't help, OK. Got it!
- If you happen to have any of these songs and have the KV original numbers (whether you personally use them in your catalog or not), would you kindly share the numbers PLEASE!

That is what I am asking for... Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:18 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

KJKILLER wrote:
When you say "ONE" of your KJs; I would think that "ONE" of your other KJs would have the same files on the system that they use and you could just copy that Karaoke Version folder from one system to the other. No?

No... 2 KJ's, one system.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:19 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

KJKILLER wrote:
I checked out a couple of the songs on your list and both of them were still for sale on Karaoke version's web site. If they are available and you were the person who originally purchased them; you would be able to download them again and get the numbers that you are looking for. Hmmmm

No, they are not for sale as CDG... only backing tracks... and the backing track numbers are NOT the CDG track numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:25 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

dsm2000 wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Wasn't me who was looking for the numbers. I have all mine.

I did have another thread a year or so ago trying to establish the relationship between the KV number on the zip and the different KV number on the unzipped mp3 & cdg files.

If 10 people purchased the same song I wanted to know if -

All of our zipped title numbers are the same or different
All of our unzipped mp3 and cdg files have the same number or are different.

If only the zip or only the unzipped were the same for all of us, I wanted to use the number that was consistent.

I answered that in the thread you had... but here it is...

The number at the end of the song on the downloaded CDG purchase IS the same for everyone that downloads it because it IS the file name for the CDG. The numbers inside the Zip file are folder numbers used in production.

So, the unzipped numbers (same as numbers on files inside the zip) are NOT the CDG purchase/serial file number.

The consistent number is the number on the zipped file when purchased. It is the number classified as CDG in KV's catalog. That is how they sell it.