KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - It's May 1st - Time for a Karma Spring Failure Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Karma 2018.0.7 released

It's evidently linking internally to a demo version of Viscomsoft's movie player ocx instead of the paid version as video file playback fails with the error "This is Demo Version. Please order full version from www.viscomsoft.com"

Probably just a linking error to the demo version instead of the paid version on Bob's part but REALLY not ready for prime time.

I'd alert him to the problem but it's not worth my time to deal with him.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
2018 version is riddled with issues, everyone is going back to the previous version because of it.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:46 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I'd complain to customer service!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Lonman wrote:

He just did, in his first post. :mrgreen:

Isn't this forum Karaosoft's Customer Service? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
RLC wrote:
Lonman wrote:

He just did, in his first post. :mrgreen:

Isn't this forum Karaosoft's Customer Service? :mrgreen:

Bob Customer Service?

non se·qui·tur
ˌnän ˈsekwədər/
noun
noun: non sequitur; plural noun: non sequiturs; noun: nonsequitur; plural noun: nonsequiturs

a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

You can always email the BCAH* 24-7 and receive prompt "service"
*Bob's Customer Abuse Hotline - Where the reason for all your problems is . . . You're not Bob.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Again, everybody complains but continues to use this software, and believe me, IMO, it is nothing special. There are better alternatives out there. I would even use Karafun before I use Karma. The program is matched by it's customer service.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:23 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Alan B wrote:
Again, everybody complains but continues to use this software, and believe me, IMO, it is nothing special. There are better alternatives out there. I would even use Karafun before I use Karma. The program is matched by it's customer service.

Don't get me wrong Alan, I am not complaining about Karaosoft software.
Yes Bob Latshaw is a piss poor example of customer service and I did get talked down to by him once. I never contacted him again, and learned the software inside out through trial and error. I have never had an issue with Karma but then again I never jump on a "new release" software from anyone, just the way I roll.
I continue to use his products because for me they have always worked flawlessly.
Is there room for improvement...yes...especially in KJ Filemanager with its lack of an undo feature. Stupid to not have it and dangerous for the user but knowing that I forge forward carefully because once again it works flawlessly for me...as long as I don't FU :D

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:32 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
I’ve been using the latest version of Karma v 2018.0.7 since its release and works great with no issues whatsoever. Mp3, mp3g, mp4, ripped pioneer lasers, etc. No probs. They’re both on my laptops. Main show pc: MSi G72 Raider, Win10, 512 ssd + 1tb hdd with 48rams. 2nd back-up pc is also MSi GT72 Dominator, same config but with 32 rams.

Karma access my song files quickly and respond instantly. Absolutely no glitches or errors. Not even a hiccup! Programs I have on my main pc: Karma, Microsoft Office 360, Breakaway. Google Chrome and automatic updates disabled. That’s it. No winamp or vlc.

2nd back-up pc. Same. Karma, Microsoft Office 360, Breakaway, Google Chrome is active for song downloads on the fly and paid monthly membership subscription of streaming video filler music. No ad or promo.

Now, there’s no need for me to contact customer service, so, why would I use a different hosting software? Karma works for me flawlessly - for years. Just saying….

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:16 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Brian A wrote:
I’ve been using the latest version of Karma v 2018.0.7 since its release and works great with no issues whatsoever. Mp3, mp3g, mp4, ripped pioneer lasers, etc. No probs. They’re both on my laptops. Main show pc: MSi G72 Raider, Win10, 512 ssd + 1tb hdd with 48rams. 2nd back-up pc is also MSi GT72 Dominator, same config but with 32 rams.

Karma access my song files quickly and respond instantly. Absolutely no glitches or errors. Not even a hiccup! Programs I have on my main pc: Karma, Microsoft Office 360, Breakaway. Google Chrome and automatic updates disabled. That’s it. No winamp or vlc.

2nd back-up pc. Same. Karma, Microsoft Office 365, Breakaway, Google Chrome is active for song downloads on the fly and paid monthly membership subscription of streaming video filler music. No ad or promo.

Now, there’s no need for me to contact customer service, so, why would I use a different hosting software? Karma works for me flawlessly - for years. Just saying….

Fixed.. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Brian A wrote:
... with 48rams.

How do they fit? Compression?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Brian A wrote:

Brian, can you play SBI video karaoke files in Karma with no glitches? I cannot. The video doesn't keep up with the music. If you don't know the song, it's unsingable. It's only with SBI videos which are 30fps. Other video karaoke files, like Karaoke Version, play fine, as they're 25fps. I use MSI Dominator PCs like you. They're beasts. Virtual DJ plays the files just fine. It's just Karma.

Are you listening, KaraokeIan? Your hack program continues to be a piece of trash.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

djdon wrote:
Brian A wrote:

Brian, can you play SBI video karaoke files in Karma with no glitches? I cannot. The video doesn't keep up with the music. If you don't know the song, it's unsingable. It's only with SBI videos which are 30fps. Other video karaoke files, like Karaoke Version, play fine, as they're 25fps. I use MSI Dominator PCs like you. They're beasts. Virtual DJ plays the files just fine. It's just Karma.

I don’t know what to tell you, Don. I wish I could help you troubleshoot. All my sbi mp4 files play perfectly from start to finish, no lag, lyrics color changes are synchronized with the music. ‘played this song last night, “Sorry” by Beyonce. The other sbi mp4 file was "I just can't help believing" by Elvis. It was flawless.
Attachment:
sbi.png
sbi.png [ 382.22 KiB | Viewed 35039 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

MtnKaraoke wrote:
Brian A wrote:
... with 48rams.

How do they fit? Compression?

Nope! It's by random access memories! (you got me) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Brian A wrote:
djdon wrote:
Brian A wrote:

I don’t know what to tell you, Don. I wish I could help you troubleshoot. All my sbi mp4 files play perfectly from start to finish, no lag, lyrics color changes are synchronized with the music. ‘played this song last night, “Sorry” by Beyonce. The other sbi mp4 file was "I just can't help believing" by Elvis. It was flawless.
Attachment:
sbi.png

I'm wondering if it's because I have Virtual DJ installed on the same machine.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
djdon wrote:
Brian A wrote:
djdon wrote:
Brian A wrote:

Attachment:
sbi.png

VDJ plus Karma equals no workie.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:

Quote:

You know this through experience? These are the only files it doesn't work with. Everything else works just fine.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrmarog wrote:

I have VDJ installed on my laptop as well and the SBI HD files play just fine. Of course, I'm using CompuHost instead of Karma. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:44 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Alan B wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I have VDJ installed on my laptop as well and the SBI HD files play just fine. Of course, I'm using CompuHost instead of Karma. Just saying.

Repost: "All my sbi mp4 hd files play perfectly from start to finish, no lag, lyrics color changes are synchronized with the music. I'm using Karma". Just saying......... 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
djdon wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You know this through experience? These are the only files it doesn't work with. Everything else works just fine.

Yes, I know. A fellow kj that does equal amounts of dj and kj work, when runs karma and vdj he has video issues. Turn one or the other off and the problem goes away.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mrmarog wrote:
djdon wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I know. A fellow kj that does equal amounts of dj and kj work, when runs karma and vdj he has video issues. Turn one or the other off and the problem goes away.

On every single computer Karma and VDJ are installed on, Karma does not play ANY HD videos without lag or stutter. Even if I turn the computer on then start karma and nothing else, no workie. However, VDJ, VLC, even Windows media player play the files with no problems.

Not Karma.

What can possibly be the common denominator that would make karma not play HD videos?

All 3 machines have nVidia cards.

All have i7 processors with minimum 16gb mem.