KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My new system Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:54 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I always asked someone to help me lift mine, but I know that won't be an option for you either.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
My plan is to get the tops and one sub and if I need a second sub to get that at a later date if needed.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i run 2 subs in a max 85 cap bar. not knocking the wind out of anybody, but then again i mix the subs correctly to just take the strain o0ff the tops. huge increase in clarity of both music and vocals, fuller sound, and being able to lower the volume slightly more than if i had no subs.
the tops will put out 90hz at 80dB let's say
the subs will put out 90hz at 80dB if properly set up
the tops now only have to focus on >90hz and can do so more efficiently, increasing clarity
the subs now focus on <90hz frequencies and can do so more efficiently than the tops, reducing boominess (yeah, really) making the lows more clear and defined.
a good pair of 12" subs and 10 or even 8" tops can be great for your places.
i bought these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-LASE-101 ... 3619886416
and they work great. the 12" subs will be low enough to the ground that they should be about the same height as a regular stand, and these have the m20 mounting which screws in to keep the wobble from happening with regular sub mounts.
improved sound, more headroom, cleaner voices, lower possible volume, higher possible volume, it's a win all over the place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i run 2 subs in a max 85 cap bar. not knocking the wind out of anybody, but then again i mix the subs correctly to just take the strain o0ff the tops. huge increase in clarity of both music and vocals, fuller sound, and being able to lower the volume slightly more than if i had no subs.
the tops will put out 90hz at 80dB let's say
the subs will put out 90hz at 80dB if properly set up
the tops now only have to focus on >90hz and can do so more efficiently, increasing clarity
the subs now focus on <90hz frequencies and can do so more efficiently than the tops, reducing boominess (yeah, really) making the lows more clear and defined.
a good pair of 12" subs and 10 or even 8" tops can be great for your places.
i bought these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-LASE-101 ... 3619886416
and they work great. the 12" subs will be low enough to the ground that they should be about the same height as a regular stand, and these have the m20 mounting which screws in to keep the wobble from happening with regular sub mounts.
improved sound, more headroom, cleaner voices, lower possible volume, higher possible volume, it's a win all over the place.

I will keep that in mind for if and when I decide that I need the second sub. Financially I can only afford the single subs and these subs are made for use with the speakers that I am choosing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I will keep that in mind for if and when I decide that I need the second sub. Financially I can only afford the single subs and these subs are made for use with the speakers that I am choosing.

Here's another alternative for you. They're air driven. No cranking them up. you can raise or lower them with one finger. I use them and they are awesome. Check it out...

https://www.amazon.com/Gator-GFW-ID-SPK ... B01B2C5WBQ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

[quote="Alan B"][quote="DannyG2006"]I will keep that in mind for if and when I decide that I need the second sub. Financially I can only afford the single subs and these subs are made for use with the speakers that I am choosing.[/quote]
Here's another alternative for you. They're air driven. No cranking them up. you can raise or lower them with one finger. I use them and they are awesome. Check it out...

https://www.amazon.com/Gator-GFW-ID-SPK ... B01B2C5WBQ[/quote]
Alan, while I may not be choosing the tops and bottoms that you suggested I have put it in my mind that I am going to pick up another bar in April and I am going ahead and getting both of the subs along with the speakers. I am choosing the poles that you are suggesting but I am going to get them as part of the whole package rather than buy them separately. I am going to sacrifice the rock n roller cart in favor of a dolly that costs a quarter of the price.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

those gator ones are nice, keep in mind they go to 37 inches at the lowest as opposed to 30 inches for the crank ones i posted. but the air assist is very nice. either way, do yourself the favor and replace the standard sub socket with the m20 socket.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

This is the picture of the bar that I am at from the back of the house. I am set up near the door. His system has both of his speakers side by side on the bar side of the room. I want to place one of the speakers on one side of the door and the other one on the other side of the door. It will probably mean running a cable over the door to achieve this. I am going to see if the owner will let me do this. But most of the bars in the area are pretty much the same size. Personally I think I could get away with no subs at all because years ago I played a slightly larger room with about the same wattage as the line array system but it was a passive system with 8" speakers.

Attachments:
FB_IMG_1521678780813.jpg
FB_IMG_1521678780813.jpg [ 34.67 KiB | Viewed 28054 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:19 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
My main venue holds 100, has a nice dance floor, nice bar and plenty of tables. When full is very tight. It doesn't look like yours could hold 50 on a packed night.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Quote:
This is the picture of the bar that I am at from the back of the house.

Why use two speakers at all? I'd run one in mono in that sized bar. One should be plenty of coverage and volume.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:21 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

how much more of the bar are we not seeing?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Typical sized bar in Waterbury. Like I was saying, I really doubt that I actually need more than one sub. Only things that are not being shown are the bathrooms and the kitchen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The more I think about it, while I liked the sound of the line array's sub, I really can't justify the cost of something that I consider a luxury for the system. I am going to just get the tops. Financially I have to stay within my budget and right now getting even one sub is outside the budget. My sound has never suffered for the lack of the sub and I have never used a sub until the line array and that proved to be inadiquate for what I needed it for.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Part 1 of what I am getting

Attachments:
YAM_DXR8_PAIR-cf7d2aa8af42a68662421af4b689110e.jpg
YAM_DXR8_PAIR-cf7d2aa8af42a68662421af4b689110e.jpg [ 47.12 KiB | Viewed 27922 times ]
90225-fc665236bc1abb6793b851fdcd4c66ec.jpg
90225-fc665236bc1abb6793b851fdcd4c66ec.jpg [ 39.31 KiB | Viewed 27922 times ]
sku_view_image-ce72b3f8085bde7215d31518e0a9f74d.jpg
sku_view_image-ce72b3f8085bde7215d31518e0a9f74d.jpg [ 23.2 KiB | Viewed 27922 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:45 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Part 2 of my new system

Attachments:
GFW-ID-SPKRSETM-001cdce815464711e51b3be19db1eae3.jpg
GFW-ID-SPKRSETM-001cdce815464711e51b3be19db1eae3.jpg [ 19.91 KiB | Viewed 27924 times ]
3DA34C212EC0473CA8898B27E6894554_12075-aef843a80ecdf8c3b901a89758edb0d6.jpg
3DA34C212EC0473CA8898B27E6894554_12075-aef843a80ecdf8c3b901a89758edb0d6.jpg [ 83.24 KiB | Viewed 27924 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Do you still have the JBL array speaker? If so, that would be perfect. The DXR8's are nice speakers. See how they sound without a sub. They may be fine since the place is so small. If it doesn't sound that good, you can always add ad least one sub down the road. But I think you may be surprised by the sound quality of those 8" babies.

I like everything you've chosen. The mixer, speakers, stands... all top quality stuff. I think it would be perfect for your needs. I only wish that I got a Yamaha mixer instead of that Allen & Heath crap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:50 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I was looking at the MG12XU But it won't fit on the sliding shelf that I am getting to hold the mixer. The only thing that the MG12XU has that the MG10XU doesn't is mute buttons on the mic channels and only 2 1 knob compression on 4 of the mic channels verses 2 on the MG10XU. The mute would have helped with singers not wanting to give up the wireless mics, although I have only had one singer who didn't want to give it up and she is not allowed in the bar anymore and I am not going to let her know about any new gigs that I pick up in the future. The bar that I work in when using the bar's mixer and speakers is notorious for feedback but I believe that is because the 12" speakers that he is using are not high enough off the ground. They are ear level when I am standing next to them. I believe that I can get my new speakers higher and eliminate some of the feedback. I have to majorly adjust the EQ settings on the mics just to keep it from feeding back on me at this bar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I was looking at the MG12XU But it won't fit on the sliding shelf that I am getting to hold the mixer. The only thing that the MG12XU has that the MG10XU doesn't is mute buttons on the mic channels and only 2 1 knob compression on 4 of the mic channels verses 2 on the MG10XU

One big thing that the MG12XU has that the MG10XU doesn't is channel sliders instead of knobs. Sliders are so much better.

Instead of getting equipment to fit in your case, why don't you upgrade your case so you can get what you really want? Here's what you need that will fit the Yamaha MG12XU... https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -1skb-r104

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
I was looking at the MG12XU But it won't fit on the sliding shelf that I am getting to hold the mixer. The only thing that the MG12XU has that the MG10XU doesn't is mute buttons on the mic channels and only 2 1 knob compression on 4 of the mic channels verses 2 on the MG10XU

One big thing that the MG12XU has that the MG10XU doesn't is channel sliders instead of knobs. Sliders are so much better.

Instead of getting equipment to fit in your case, why don't you upgrade your case so you can get what you really want? Here's what you need that will fit the Yamaha MG12XU... https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -1skb-r104

Will it fit in the SKBR102? I really don't need the extra 2U down below. Sliders really aren't a selling point as I prefer knobs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Will it fit in the SKBR102? I really don't need the extra 2U down below. Sliders really aren't a selling point as I prefer knobs.

Yes, it should fit. The top slant is 10U which is the same as the larger one. But check the measurements on the Yamaha MG12XU to make sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next