KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My new system Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: My new system
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
What about speakers? You're going to need those :?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Yes wireless SM58s

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
TopherM wrote:

Was supposed to be there.

Attachments:
B212XL_P0A0R_Left_web_2-5-2009-aa9518b8c01a200a3899ffc38c3ca84d.jpg
B212XL_P0A0R_Left_web_2-5-2009-aa9518b8c01a200a3899ffc38c3ca84d.jpg [ 19.4 KiB | Viewed 28637 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
TopherM wrote:

Since you don't mind buying (cheap), and then buying again, I would ditch the Behringers and purchase Altos or Harbingers.

BTW, I purchased my entire system 10 years ago and the only part that has changed is my MSI I5 (had a broken hinge) in 2012. This is the same year Latshaw got the video lock up problem resolved, and I put back into service my original 2008 Toshiba AMD laptop.

Buying and selling electronic gear is even a bigger waste of money than trading cars.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
TopherM wrote:

Since you don't mind buying (cheap), and then buying again, I would ditch the Behringers and purchase Altos or Harbingers.

BTW, I purchased my entire system 10 years ago and the only part that has changed is my MSI I5 (had a broken hinge) in 2012. This is the same year Latshaw got the video lock up problem resolved, and I put back into service my original 2008 Toshiba AMD laptop.

Buying and selling electronic gear is even a bigger waste of money than trading cars.

I don't know what you mean by cheap. The last passive conventional speakers that I bought was anything but cheap. Personally when it comes to equipment, I am not a brand snob and am quite willing to give lesser known brands a chance. The only reason I started looking at brand name speakers has been need for more wattage. I took a chance on the JBL Eon One because I have heard JBL Eon speakers before and they sounded great, I just didn't have access at the time for a play as you play plan so maybe back then I might have given the Harbingers or Altos a chance but now with Zzounds' pay as you play plans, the big boys are more affordable for me. So why would I bother with Harbingers when I have had good experiences with Behringer equipment. I have a sound card that I have had since 2007. About the same time I picked up a Behringer 1202fx mixer. While it was missing the mids control, I liked how it performed. I also owned a pmp560m powered mixer and probably still would be using it had I found speakers that I felt matched up with it. I never would have given the JBL Eon One a try had I not gotten an amplifier that was dead on arrival.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog wrote:

Re-quote: “Buying and selling electronic gear is even a bigger waste of money than trading cars. If you don’t believe, just ask Brian!:D

Just purchased a pair of QSC K12.2 to replace my old pair of QSC K12. 8)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... gLSnvD_BwE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:55 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I don't know what you mean by cheap.
I'm thinking he's going with Behringer in general not being a 'quality' product (which I agree with). Not an upgrade. The EON's you had were obviously not being set up correctly IMO if you weren't getting the volume you were looking for. They theoretically should run circles over the Behringer speakers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
I don't know what you mean by cheap.
I'm thinking he's going with Behringer in general not being a 'quality' product (which I agree with). Not an upgrade. The EON's you had were obviously not being set up correctly IMO if you weren't getting the volume you were looking for. They theoretically should run circles over the Behringer speakers.

Are these better choices? I will not change the mixer because it is exactly what I need to achieve what I want to achieve, being able to replace the Rockville UHF mics with the Behringer digital mics. Compared with both the Sennheisers and the Rockvilles, the Behringer mics hold their own with the Sennheisers and blow away the Rockvilles. The Sennheisers in my opinion are the top of the line when it comes to UHF mics and are definitely better than the Rockvilles but the Rockvilles in my opinion still sound better than any Shure mic that I have ever sung on. My buddy runs SM Beta58's and I still prefer the sound of my Rockvilles over it. His partner actually runs FreeBoss mics and I actually like them over Shure mics. Whether they last as long as the Shure, I highly doubt it. My Rockvilles on the other hand are as durable as The Shures and have the fact that the transmitters are made of metal which Shure mics are not. If they weren't in the 600mhz range, I would leave them in my set up and have 6 wireless mics available to me. Oh and forget about the rack. I decided to keep using the 10U rack. I am just going to have to be careful when pushing the shelf back into the rack. Part of that will include tying up the cables to just enough to allow the shelf to extend.

Attachments:
GX5_Front_Ref-87e703e6dd416655f7aa953acdae31ff.jpg
GX5_Front_Ref-87e703e6dd416655f7aa953acdae31ff.jpg [ 10.7 KiB | Viewed 28555 times ]
p36864h-bd27c5b8f5424cba3b6d8c44c733d634.jpg
p36864h-bd27c5b8f5424cba3b6d8c44c733d634.jpg [ 29.85 KiB | Viewed 28560 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrmarog wrote:
I would ditch the Behringers and purchase Altos or Harbingers.

Harbingers?? Seriously?? I would rather use a speaker made out of a cardboard box.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:

I'm sure that a lot of people think that spending $3200 on a single speaker system when there are better and cheaper alternatives is a waste of money also.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:59 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Alan B wrote:
I'm sure that a lot of people think that spending $3200 on a single speaker system when there are better and cheaper alternatives is a waste of money also.
Alan, as long as they are not "wasting" (as you put it) YOUR money, but rather are spending THEIR money AS THEY SIT FIT, what the "F" business is it of yours. It's also funny how you keep jacking up the cost of Bose in an attempt to give credence to your inane Bose Bashing. What really happened in your life to make you hate Bose so much?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Ok I have given up on the need for the Behringer mixer and have chosen to go back to the mixer I replaced for the Bose. The only real reason I chose the Bose mixer was that the connections were on the back of the mixer instead of the top requiring me to look at Angled connectors. I don't think that I am going to need angled connectors because the space Above the mixer is at least 2 to 3U's higher than the rack that I was previously using. The Amplifier, miic receivers and power conditioner take up the top half of the rack and leaves the rest for headroom for the cables connecting to the mixer. Plus I can use the USB connection to the laptop and still be able to control the EQ even if it is just highs and lows on the EQ. The mic channels all have high, mids and lows but nonsweepable. I can live with that. As for the mics, I plan on a later date on getting another pair of the Sennheisers since I can run a number of the same units together without interference from each other.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
What really happened in your life to make you hate Bose so much?

I've explained why in this thread, page 5, 3rd post down...

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31225&start=80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:09 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Ok I have given up on the need for the Behringer mixer and have chosen to go back to the mixer I replaced for the Bose. The only real reason I chose the Bose mixer was that the connections were on the back of the mixer instead of the top requiring me to look at Angled connectors. I don't think that I am going to need angled connectors because the space Above the mixer is at least 2 to 3U's higher than the rack that I was previously using. The Amplifier, miic receivers and power conditioner take up the top half of the rack and leaves the rest for headroom for the cables connecting to the mixer. Plus I can use the USB connection to the laptop and still be able to control the EQ even if it is just highs and lows on the EQ. The mic channels all have high, mids and lows but nonsweepable. I can live with that. As for the mics, I plan on a later date on getting another pair of the Sennheisers since I can run a number of the same units together without interference from each other.

Danny, I don't know why you bother to start a thread and then ignore EVERYONE'S input. You do this time after time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:26 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Danny, I don't know why you bother to start a thread and then ignore EVERYONE'S input. You do this time after time.

That's where you are wrong. I am actually taking some advice that you guys gave me that I wished I had taken then because I wouldn't be having to do all of this now. I would have never gotten the JBL Eon One. I might have still have gotten the Bose. Which would mean that I would be only purchasing a new mixer, a standard rack shelf and another set of Sennheiser mics.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:21 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
Alan B wrote:
RLC wrote:
What really happened in your life to make you hate Bose so much?

I've explained why in this thread, page 5, 3rd post down...

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31225&start=80

That explains nothing Alan.
Once again, and I'll type slow so you can keep up.
No one is spending YOUR money Alan.
What in the "F" business is it of yours how others choose to spend THEIR money.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

RLC wrote:
What in the "F" business is it of yours how others choose to spend THEIR money.

It's NONE of my business. People can spend their money any way they see fit. That is not my issue. The issue I have with Bose and why I don't like them has been stated many times so I won't repeat it again.

I have never said how people should spend their money but I have said that there are "other" alternatives to Bose. I guess I look at things differently. For example:

If I was looking to buy a Bose system and a friend of mine said; "Hey did you know that Electro-Voice makes a similar system that sounds better, is made better and half the price"? would certainly open my eyes. I would take note and appreciate the heads up. I would be thankful to know that.

I'm willing to bet that if some of you guys were to take a blind sound test between Bose and EV and then without knowing which speaker the sound was coming from... and chose EV as sounding better... you would STILL go out and buy the Bose.

And that's the part I cannot comprehend. I would have loved to have a knowledgeable friend in the business that can guide me as to what's good and not good and make recommendations. I would be thankful for that person, not tell him it's none of your "F" business how I spend my money. I guess I look at things differently.

This is supposed to be a forum about helping each other. I have been trying to do that. Sorry you don't like what I have to say but this is not fabricated stuff. This is real world experience.

Whether you want to hear it or not, Bose is known for selling over-priced products, using inferior components compared to other manufacturer's similar products. They are so successful because of their amazing marketing strategy, not because their products are superior.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:01 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
For what it's worth I listened to many systems for many years being a karaoke enthusiast. When I decided to get in the KJ hosting business after retiring from 40 years with the same company I listened even more intently. The Bose L1 model 2 with the B2 and a Tonematch Engine produced a cleaner crisper sound to my ears and it could double as your monitor. I was sold. My best friend at the time, prior to his death, was a recently retired musician with 6 Gold and 1 platinum during the 1970s with L&M and if he could have been contacted at the time would have become the Bass player and high backing harmonies with the Eagles instead of Timothy B Schmit, emphatically agreed with me and encouraged the purchase. I understand all of this is a matter of opinion and I am just stating mine and backing it up with a very discerning ear of a professional stage and touring performer from the early 60s until his death in Dec. 2014.

Arguments over this issue is useless. I happen to prefer singing on this total system as spoken above, over all others. Another person may prefer a different one. I do know this. Two hosts have gone to the L1 M2 sans the TME since singing on mine. One host was a roadie for several different bands over some years and the other host has been hosting karaoke for 25 years. So a few others share my opinion.

I acknowledge the right of others to disagree.

I do want to add that anytime I have had an issue with the Bose upon calling ProBose I get a person either on the 1st or 2nd ring. That is totally unlike Soundcraft when I wanted to have a second system but use their UI8 mixer. The support guy never returned my calls and there was that always on recorder. So I returned the product for lack of support.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I started out all Behringer but after further thought and last night's show convinced me to go all Yamaha. Yeah it means that I am going back to active speakers and having to figure out how to power them when there is no outlets near where I want to set them up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
I started out all Behringer but after further thought and last night's show convinced me to go all Yamaha. Yeah it means that I am going back to active speakers and having to figure out how to power them when there is no outlets near where I want to set them up.

Yamaha is indeed very good top quality equipment. What are you getting?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next