KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - 2017 top 500 sung at my shows Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Here is the list of the top 500 most requested songs in 2017 at the Thunderbird!
There were a grand total of 19,821 songs sung, of which 4,720 were unique titles (sang at least once). That number is up 168 from last year meaning more people are stepping out to try new things.
Top 500 are BOLDED

http://www.lonmanproductions.com/top5002017.htm

Would love to see stats from anyone elses shows to see what's being sung as well.

Something I found interesting since I started buying on the fly in 2013, I am having a lot more songs (unique) sung. 742 more songs between then & now.
2013 - 20,925 sang overall, 3,578 individual titles at least once
2014 - 20,372 overall, 3,978 individual titles
2015 - 19,930 overall, 4,419 individual titles
2016 - 19,995 overall, 4,554 individual titles
2017 - 19,821 overall, 4,720 individual titles

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
I love stats. Thanks for this and please keep it up

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:26 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Lonman wrote:
Here is the list of the top 500 most requested songs in 2017 at the Thunderbird!

I think I asked you this before, but I forget: where did you find Tom Waits's "I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You?" I've always wanted to sing that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

NoShameKaraoke wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I think I asked you this before, but I forget: where did you find Tom Waits's "I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You?" I've always wanted to sing that.

Selectatrack - I got it on a custom disc when they still sold overseas. I bought it in 2015. It is a Sunfly track btw.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 326 times
Just a bit of correction maybe Lonnie, but Wheatus sings "Teenage Dirtbag", not When In Rome. "When In Rome" is known for the song "The Promise".

Just an observation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Not sure why that is listed as When In Rome, it should have picked up as Wheatus. I may have accidentally deleted the wrong artist on a double up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:
NoShameKaraoke wrote:
Lonman wrote:

Selectatrack - I got it on a custom disc when they still sold overseas. I bought it in 2015. It is a Sunfly track btw.

Apparently, it can still only be purchased overseas. Sigh. Guess I've got to come to your show in Washington at some point!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Find an overseas friend & put together a custom disc for them to buy & have them ship it to you!! :D I know several kj's that have done this from various forums.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:
Find an overseas friend & put together a custom disc for them to buy & have them ship it to you!! :D I know several kj's that have done this from various forums.

...yeah, I may have done something like this already.

Since I don't host, though, it doesn't do me any good. But at least I know I have copies of that Tom Waits song and the original Leonard Cohen version of "I'm Your Man."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
That same top 500 probably accurately represents any show I've been to over the past couple of years... although I think in my area we might see more requests for 'Wanted: Dead Or Alive" than you do ... It's always a good comparison to the same list from 10 years ago to see what were the most oversung songs... Today it might be Girl Crush... 15 years ago it was Honey I'm Home... "Picture" has not yet been supplanted as the most often requested duet.. maybe someday!!

There's also a few venue specific favorites that come to mind... for example, at one place, you will always hear "Into The Mystic" anytime karaoke is present... minimum of 52 times a year... probably closer to 104 times at twice a week...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I think what might also be interesting... for any length of time, is to know which songs have NEVER been sung ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
cliffd64 wrote:
I think what might also be interesting... for any length of time, is to know which songs have NEVER been sung ...

That would be a vvvveeerrrrryyyy long list at anyone's show. I know Lon has more than 20K unique songs and only 4700 of them were sung in 2017. He runs a 7 days a week show too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

mrmarog wrote:
cliffd64 wrote:

That would be a vvvveeerrrrryyyy long list at anyone's show. I know Lon has more than 20K unique songs and only 4700 of them were sung in 2017. He runs a 7 days a week show too!

That's why its valuable... if he's been there 10 years let's say and a certain song(s) have never been sung in 10 years... chances are they never will be sung... it's good to know and identify where certain songs were bad investments. For legit hosts, none of us have crystal balls, but sometimes we can look backwards and maybe use that info to make better purchases in the future...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:34 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 21 times
I'd have to translate 80% of my top 500 for you... They are in Spanish... :D

Let me rush out and buy "Into The Mystic", You're the 2nd one that has mentioned / requested it in my 25 years as a KJ... That's my test for purchasing new music... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

But the flipside to what might not get sung at my show might be a hot ticket elsewhere. I've seen some kjs post songs they hear too much that make my never sung list.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:24 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

See the year 2016, Into The Mystic was in my top sung stats. Year before that 2 times.
My test for purchasing is availability. If it gets sung once, it's made it's money

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:11 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Just wondering where you got a copy of John Waite's, Hallelujah? Is this custom made, it doesn't show up in iCroons or other sites. I've sang Il Divo's and Rufus Wainwright's version with a partner, also Cohen's version myself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:42 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Capt Frank wrote:
Just wondering where you got a copy of John Waite's, Hallelujah? Is this custom made, it doesn't show up in iCroons or other sites. I've sang Il Divo's and Rufus Wainwright's version with a partner, also Cohen's version myself.

Not sure if that is accurate, when I deleted dup songs/artists in Excel, I think some of the artists moved up or down a line. Will look to see if it's correct

{EDIT}Yes it was incorrect, it was supposed to read Rufus Wainright. Fixed now. That happened with another track someone pointed out as well which is also now fixed