KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Ultra high end karaoke system Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I will have to totally disagree with you on your assessment of the ToneMatch mixer. I have one and have used several other analog mixers and the ToneMatch mixer blows them away. I see no reason for having more than 2 singing mics and an announcement mic in my system. The effects, I am only using reverb, I don't recall the exact setting but the vocals are rich and full. Much fuller than the Yamaha MG10XU mixer that I use to have.
DannyG2006 wrote:
I will have to totally disagree with you on your assessment of the ToneMatch mixer. I have one and have used several other analog mixers and the ToneMatch mixer blows them away. I see no reason for having more than 2 singing mics and an announcement mic in my system. The effects, I am only using reverb, I don't recall the exact setting but the vocals are rich and full. Much fuller than the Yamaha MG10XU mixer that I use to have.

I think we're going to agree to disagree, while the 1st channel is set up for singers, 2nd instruments guitar etc, there is no way to turn off your mic channel, which is tough if you're using a separate vocal processing unit, and there is no onboard reverb, which you mentioned, however for really good singers they demand a different reverb/echo sometimes based on the song and the room. I've sang professionally on a tone match, L1S unit and was very limited. The Tone Match was originally built by musicians for musicians. Digital mixers work really well with a band, multiple guitars, keyboards, each mic, and you can save settings, however I find myself going back to my trusty Peavy or an older Allen & Heath for just pure singing and sometimes karaoke.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
I couldn't quite make out what you were saying, Frank.
You can mute channels on the T1. It does have reverb, echo, flange and you can select one type of compression per channel. Changing per song isn't easy but it can be done by changing scenes. It really wasn't designed for a lot of vocal modeling per show, and to be fair, neither are most analog mixers. For many karaoke hosts, two singer mics, an announcement mic and usb music in is all they need. For me, I mostly do weddings, solo performances and house parties so I do not need a third announcement mic.
In solo shows, I have a voicelive rack I usually use and feed that right into a channel on the T1. I could easily switch back and forth between the VLR effects and T1 effects by muting one and unmuting the other, but I don't run enough effects where I couldn't talk over them anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Capt Frank wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

I think we're going to agree to disagree, while the 1st channel is set up for singers, 2nd instruments guitar etc, there is no way to turn off your mic channel, which is tough if you're using a separate vocal processing unit, and there is no onboard reverb, which you mentioned, however for really good singers they demand a different reverb/echo sometimes based on the song and the room. I've sang professionally on a tone match, L1S unit and was very limited. The Tone Match was originally built by musicians for musicians. Digital mixers work really well with a band, multiple guitars, keyboards, each mic, and you can save settings, however I find myself going back to my trusty Peavy or an older Allen & Heath for just pure singing and sometimes karaoke.

You are gravely mistaken. I use the USB controlled by channels 4 & 5. All of the channels have mute buttons. It is perfect for Karaoke as far as I can see. The reverb is there as well as delay and all the other effects. No need for any external stuff but there are sends and returns under each input except for channels 4 and 5. I really don't care about guitars and keyboards or any other instruments. It is Karaoke not open mic. But you can set all of channels 1 through3 for what ever you want to set it up for I set them up for mics because all I offer is Karaoke.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
If you are a serious singers and there those out there, you need as much quality as you can get. While I've used digital mixers, I'm not in love with them for quick change on different songs, even karaoke. Generally on most karaoke jobs 20 singers or so you might find 2 serious singers. I did a show in SW Fl, where the top singers would should up for Sunday, 6 hr job BTW thru the day and I had to give them top sound, but then again a couple of these singers did American Idol and other stuff, so it was th most serious show I ever did or saw, not completion related. In the end you use what's most comfortable, and confident. Again I was mostly raising the mic issue and the Senns are clearly a step up and I have 5 or 6 beta and sm58 which I mostly use on karaoke fills. The new portable Senns 945s were a grand now I think in the $600-$700 range so becoming affordable.