KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - the annual pre-thanksgiving karaoke night is this week Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
for me, seems like in the past, this night was epic. it used to be like the biggest, funnest night of the year. kinda like a karaoke homecoming, too.

hasn't been that way for the past few years. been very ho-hum.

hoping this year is different

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I'm doing a show this Wednesday and I am hoping for an over-the-top, fun-filled, and packed house. It will be full, normally, but I am hoping for overfilled. I normally have 15 to 20 people signed up with songs 1 hour ahead of start. I bet I get 25 signed up an hour early on Wednesday.

I love it when it is wall to wall crowded. New singers don't know that they need to get there early, so I try to get them worked in as long as they arrive within the first hour of the show. Any later than that and they may not get to sing.

PS and since it is an Oldies show I usually average 18-19 singers per hour.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:47 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
At the bar, we always have a special Wednesday night show before Thanksgiving, and it's always packed.

We get a lot of transplants that come home early and need something to do before they deal with their family LOL.

mrmarog wrote:

since it is an Oldies show I usually average 18-19 singers per hour.

I'm jealous! Lately everyone is singing 6 minute songs... it feels like forever!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Toastedmuffin wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I'm jealous! Lately everyone is singing 6 minute songs... it feels like forever!

Do like I do, remove all songs longer than 5 minutes from your search field. In order to do that it is quite a lengthy process and requires all files be unzipped and KJFileManager and a lot of waiting for it to complete.

I have gotten 22 people through an hour on a couple of occasions. I love the 50's and 60's.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I'd lose too many songs that get used regularly if I dropped all 5 min and longer songs. We don't target 50's & 60's crowds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
mrmarog wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Do like I do, remove all songs longer than 5 minutes from your search field. In order to do that it is quite a lengthy process and requires all files be unzipped and KJFileManager and a lot of waiting for it to complete.

I have gotten 22 people through an hour on a couple of occasions. I love the 50's and 60's.

I deal with a 20-30's crowd usually... so 50's and 60's don't get played too often. I get about 12-15 people up an hour as long as singers pay attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:12 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
I do primarily an oldies show every Monday and Tuesday night that is dominated by the 50's and 60's. However, I've never gotten over 16 in an hour. These people are old and have to step up on the stage. Props to mrmarog.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

spotlightjr wrote:
I do primarily an oldies show every Monday and Tuesday night that is dominated by the 50's and 60's. However, I've never gotten over 16 in an hour. These people are old and have to step up on the stage. Props to mrmarog.

spotlightjr, My crowd is the same as yours (see attachment) and I am very insistant at getting them up to the stage promptly. For those that need a little extra time I make sure that they know they are next. I also scroll the message "Please be prepared to sing when called".

Attachments:
Pub at 7pm.JPG
Pub at 7pm.JPG [ 574.65 KiB | Viewed 23741 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
mrmarog wrote:
spotlightjr wrote:

spotlightjr, My crowd is the same as yours (see attachment) and I am very insistant at getting them up to the stage promptly. For those that need a little extra time I make sure that they know they are next. I also scroll the message "Please be prepared to sing when called".

8) Great turn out mrmarog bb's rule and know how to party. Over the course of the year I know I have been trying for some on this forum I do want to take this opportunity to wish all a Happy Thanks Giving, and many more.

I especially like the Hawaiian shirt in the fore ground, besides polo's with pockets, and T shirts with pockets is all I wear now, no more suits and ties, yeah! :party: :party: :party:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
my pre-thanksgiving night was kinda ho-hum. started out surprisingly with zero regulars. didn't see that coming. they showed eventually. but it was a long time coming. still made the most of it. didn't feel like a pre-thanksgiving crowd.

how was yalls post thanksgiving night?

22 singers in an hour, that's friggin' awesome

i d wager that most of my kj singers do songs at least 5 min. i haven't really focused on it.