KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Anyone used ASAP Karaoke? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:21 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
For CDG purchases? They seem to have a huge in stock selection. Any review would be appreciated.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:14 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
I remember this awesome karaoke store in Hamilton, Ontario called Karaoke Closet. This store is similar and although they offer many deals, Some items can be bought cheaper elsewhere. They are pretty much the only karaoke store left in Canada for buying karaoke cdg disks including old school products.

ASAP Karaoke (Winnipeg, Manitoba) is legit.
Can also order stuff by phone:Toll Free: 1-866-269-0183

Check out their ORBITZ Collection.

There is also karaokecanada.com (London, Ontario)

Let me know if you're looking for something in particular because chances are I may have a better source for you?

Last edited by cousinvinnie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i have seen a lot of reports of bogus discs being sent out from ASAP.
never bought from them myself, but others have, maybe Lonnie knows more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:38 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

As Paradigm Karaoke says. Be careful what you buy from them. Although many canadian artists are not available on karaoke, You may find what you're looking for there. wink wink.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
I've purchased several Canadian cdgs from them
without a problem, but that's been a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

They like a retail black market shop that sells legit stuff but also offer the "Hard to find" tracks.

Welcome to Canada where you can produce and sell tracks up until they slap you in the wrist and then their gone.

Myself personally I don't care, I buy their (@$%&#!) anyway at the singers request.

This is a nice disk that many will not have:
OBA123 John Fogerty & friends Karaoke Songs
15 Selected Songss on Orbitz CD+G - OB123

BAD MOON RISING - John Fogerty with Zac Brown Band
BIG TRAIN (FROM MEMPHIS) - John Fogerty
BLUE MOON NIGHTS - John Fogerty
CENTERFIELD - John Fogerty
DON'T YOU WISH IT WAS TRUE - John Fogerty
GUNSLINGER - John Fogerty
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE RAIN - John Fogerty with Alan Jackson
HOT ROD HEART - John Fogerty
RAMBUNCTIOUS BOY - John Fogerty
ROCK & ROLL GIRLS - John Fogerty with C.C.R.
ROCKIN ALL OVER THE WORLD - John Fogerty
SOUTHERN STREAMLINE - John Fogerty
THE OLD MAN DOWN THE ROAD - John Fogerty
WHEN WILL I BE LOVED - John Fogerty with Bruce Springsteen
MY TOOT TOOT - John Fogerty Ftg. Rockin' Sydney

Buy in good faith and hope John Fogerty doesn't find out they got it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
I've been a long-time customer with ASAP (formerly Karaoke Closet) and bought every brand from them at one time or another. Always get new, unopened, original discs, and pretty quick shipping and nice customer service -- love 'em!

Always thought their prices a wee bit high, but a lot of hard to find stuff turned up there. After karaoke.com and then doowop closed, ASAP was my go-to store. Now I rarely buy discs anymore, but a couple times a year I'll still get a disc from them. Ten years ago they had a much bigger selection, but so much has gone out of print they can't get everything like they used to -- but no store can.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:29 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Agree. Karaoke Closet had that PHM monthly's subscription, we would always get our disks in the mail and most the time were the first to get tracks that people wanted.

Back in the day, we drove 45 minutes to Hamilton, Ontario to buy disks that had just a couple popular songs but we knew, singers came to our show because we were the first with all the latest songs to offer to the singers. Back then there were also many bootlegs available.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
They like a retail black market shop that sells legit stuff but also offer the "Hard to find" tracks.

Welcome to Canada where you can produce and sell tracks up until they slap you in the wrist and then their gone.

Myself personally I don't care, I buy their <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> anyway at the singers request.

This is a nice disk that many will not have:
OBA123 John Fogerty & friends Karaoke Songs
15 Selected Songss on Orbitz CD+G - OB123

BAD MOON RISING - John Fogerty with Zac Brown Band
BIG TRAIN (FROM MEMPHIS) - John Fogerty
BLUE MOON NIGHTS - John Fogerty
CENTERFIELD - John Fogerty
DON'T YOU WISH IT WAS TRUE - John Fogerty
GUNSLINGER - John Fogerty
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE RAIN - John Fogerty with Alan Jackson
HOT ROD HEART - John Fogerty
RAMBUNCTIOUS BOY - John Fogerty
ROCK & ROLL GIRLS - John Fogerty with C.C.R.
ROCKIN ALL OVER THE WORLD - John Fogerty
SOUTHERN STREAMLINE - John Fogerty
THE OLD MAN DOWN THE ROAD - John Fogerty
WHEN WILL I BE LOVED - John Fogerty with Bruce Springsteen
MY TOOT TOOT - John Fogerty Ftg. Rockin' Sydney

Buy in good faith and hope John Fogerty doesn't find out they got it.

Cousinvinnie, thanks for the heads up on the J.F. cdg!
I noticed they listed the same cdg at two different prices,
Unless I missed something, never heard of Orbitz, any
Clue as to the quality of their product.Thanks for the lead
On such a great disc! Hope they have one left!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Watch buying from ASAP, they have been know to sell burned copies (illegal). I have received a few along with heard many kj's on some of the other forums with the same stories. I would avoid any SC disc, they still sell 8125 at $22.95 - what does that tell you?!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I was saddened when Karaoke Closet moved to Winnipeg.. I liked to drop in to their shop in Hamilton every once in a while, and had purchased both a mixer and a dual-tray player from them.. Always great, friendly service and free shipping. They were about 150 miles east of me.

Now that they are in Winnipeg, I've not done any further business with them... especially since Karaoke Canada, although somewhat more expensive, is just a little over an hour from here (or about 2 1/2 hours on a snowy, miserable day like today).

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

cousinvinnie wrote:

Myself personally I don't care, I buy their <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> anyway at the singers request.
But knowingly using a burned disc is equal to piracy IMO, same as someone selling a loaded hard drive, just a small scale. The burns I received from them I requested refunds. 1 time they refused and that was the last time I used them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:16 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Ya' never know what you're buying but like they say in that song "You know it's all about the bootlegs, the bootlegs no piracy"

Bob Meloche, did you ever go to that yearly record show in Toronto West (Etobicoke) Vinyl Record & Collectibles? The one Jeff Healey used to hang out at buying the old 78's? That was the best place to buy bootlegs an hard to find albums.

Lonman is right though there is a few karaoke shops still to this day selling "Copies" of original karaoke content.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:24 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
Are these discs different to what Clark Music Australia was putting out? Other than SC obviously licensed clark and not ASAP, but are ASAP paying royalties etc on the music? Just curious to what extent they are following any rules etc...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:47 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Asap do not have any agreement with SC, the fact they sell 8125 and all other recalled discs is further evidence of that.
Clark was authorized and SC recognized those customs as "original media"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Lonman wrote:
Watch buying from ASAP, they have been know to sell burned copies (illegal). I have received a few along with heard many kj's on some of the other forums with the same stories. I would avoid any SC disc, they still sell 8125 at $22.95 - what does that tell you?!?!?

Well, for chits (purposely misspelled) and giggles, I had ordered 2 of the 8125 discs listed, 2 days before you posted this. On Monday, I received an e-mail confirmation that they took my payment and would be sending out the items A.S.A.P. (no pun intended).

On Monday afternoon, I replied back to their confirmation e-mail, stating that these discs better not be burns, and if they are, that they better just refund my money now. I did not get a response. On Tuesday morning, I went onto their website and used their CONTACT US form, and said the same thing. I added, that if the discs were not sent out yet, and they were burns, to just issue me a refund now.

I got a (somewhat sarcastic) response today at 11 this morning...
Quote:
You know, we only sell what we receive from our suppliers. Sound Choice was actually known for burning their own discs after awhile. The order was already sent out but yes, I'll refund your money. Thank you for placing an order with us and then demanding a refund due to something we cannot control.

They did refund my money. I see the entry in my PayPal account. I decided to send them back the following response:
Quote:
Thank you for your prompt refund. The fact that I have not yet returned the discs to you, and you issued me this refund so quickly, is indicative that you ALREADY KNEW that you were sending me COUNTERFEIT merchandise. As soon as I receive the discs in the mail, I will return them to you.

As a counterpoint to your justifications on selling BURNED/COUNTERFEIT Sound Choice Discs....

Sound Choice may or may not have burned some of their own discs for sale, but 8125 was NOT one of them. That one was recalled shortly after it went up for sale (about 20 years ago), and Sound Choice NEVER made/produced any more of 8125. Your argument here DOES NOT CUT IT! Two wrongs don't make a right!!!
AND, you CAN CONTROL this, by NOT selling KNOWN burns/counterfeit discs yourself, AND by NOT buying from the suppliers that are KNOWN for distributing burns/counterfeit discs to you (ASAP) for sale/resale to the General Public.

ASAP OBVIOUSLY knows that they sold me counterfeit (burned) discs, or they would not have refunded my money so quickly... ESPECIALLY since I have not sent them their discs back yet. What do you think I should do when I receive the 2 discs in the mail? Should I open up the package and break the discs in half, and send them back to them, OR should I just NOT OPEN the package and write on the package, RETURN TO SENDER... DELIVERY REFUSED, and drop it in the post office box?

Last edited by Cueball on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:07 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

LOL can't control what the manufacturer send them, that's rich. The manufacturer in this case hasn't had anything to send in nearly 10 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Lonman wrote:
LOL can't control what the manufacturer send them, that's rich. The manufacturer in this case hasn't had anything to send in nearly 10 years.

He didn't say Manufacturer...
Quote:
we only sell what we receive from our suppliers
... A Supplier is not necessarily a Manufacturer. So ASAP is trying to hide behind a line that they are not responsible for what a 3rd party vendor sends/sells to them so they can then sell it to the general public.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

That's what I meant, however most suppliers don't have any back stock either and again the manu in this case hasn't had anything to give any 'supplier' in almost 10 years

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i thik everyone should go buy SC discs from them and demand refunds a few days later in the same fashion.
lose them a bunch of money.