KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - karaoke mp3+g normalizer Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 999 times
To knf & Alan: I'd say time to revisit this software and give it another chance. :wink:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 120 times
Compuhost has built in normalization but... IT DOES NOT WORK FLAWLESSLY.
It only normalizes to a certain degree.

I use Compuhost at my shows with the Normalization always enabled but I accompany it with activating the compressor on the audio channel setting a medium threshold around -15 to -20dB. I know it's a bit much but it evenly balances out many tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:55 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 1672 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Maybe I must've missed something with this software.

So you're telling me:
1) Run Breakaway software in the audio chain
2) Run my favorite karaoke software
3) Play a karaoke song (Karaoke software Unzips the karaoke track)
4) Breakaway software processes the MP3 part of the karaoke song in "real time" (Normalizes song without permanent alteration to the song.
5) No cdg syncing issues

All this on a "Windows PC" with no lag?

Yep x's 3

In the beginning (2008 or so) there was an ever slight lag (graphic sync) that seemed to be remedied since, but even if that is the case most softwares have a sync adjust in the settings you can just bump and save (at least Hoster does).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 254 times
my only complaint was it wouldn't run on my setup when i switched to windows 10, but whatever the problem was, it's been fixed.

Now if i could just find my license to put on my new laptop computer.. No response from the website.. But for $30 i just may cave and buy another one.. lol

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:42 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 333 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Maybe I must've missed something with this software.

So you're telling me:
1) Run Breakaway software in the audio chain
2) Run my favorite karaoke software
3) Play a karaoke song (Karaoke software Unzips the karaoke track)
4) Breakaway software processes the MP3 part of the karaoke song in "real time" (Normalizes song without permanent alteration to the song.
5) No cdg syncing issues

All this on a "Windows PC" with no lag?

You've attempted to take a very simple audio processing tool and make it much more complicated than it really is. Breakaway is nothing more than a virtual audio device that works as an audio processor then sends the signal on to a physical audio port. That's it and even that makes it sound more complicated than it is.

Latency happens any time an audio signal changes. Lag happens when the signal exits an audio cable . Any audio processor, physical or computer based creates a lag. Heck, getting the signal to a physical audio processor creates lag. The question isn't IF latency happens. The question is how much and is the amount noticeable. PC USB I ports were notorious for their latency. PC processors (which is all that happens with Breakaway)? Not so much. In the case of breakaway, it is able to work no differently than any VST, process the signal and pass it along without any significant latency. I understand from reading this earlier versions had bugs or issues. Those issues were not a representation of port or PC interface latency but probably more a design flaw.

I have Breakaway but I do not use it. It isn't that it doesn't work.. It works beautifully for what it is suppose to do. But I wrote my own volume control into my program and that works much better for me. Some softer songs do not need to be as loud as others. AC\DC needs to be turned up a notch or two. lynyrd skynyrd also needs to be turned up... Ronnie Van Zant told us so.. :lol: I will go through Breakaway if its a long stretch of DJ stuff or a wedding..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 1672 times
The thing I like about Breakaway is it's not only a normalizer, it's a multiband processor so if bass, mid, highs are over powering it will mellow out just those frequencies as well while keeping the overall volume in check.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 927 times
my problem with it is that it is not a normalizer.
it is a compressor...plain and simple.
it turns up the volume when the CURRENT volume is below "X" and stops turning it down when it gets below "Y" volume NOW.
so quiet parts of a song (just an acoustic guitar which is a LOT of high mids) get turned up way too far, and then when the full band comes in the compressor stops turning things up and the volume is too low.
then, after it leaves compressor 1, it goes into a multiband compressor which compresses frequencies based on ENERGY, not percieved volume. and every one of them...look at how much they compress (any preset) and you have the perfect smiley face EQ.