KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Contiki Tours Host Priority Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:09 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Not sure if any other karaoke clubs in North America have the Contiki tours drop in, but just wanted to give a heads up.

This group is absolutely fantastic, The host brings in approx. 30-100 people from all over the world.

Attention KJ's, Give the Contiki Tours host Priority and V.I.P privileges. these guys visit my shows with new people visiting every other week and are absolutely fantastic.

KJ's normally would not support favoritism in any case but "When the Contiki Tours host wants to sing" put him at the top of the list.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Yeah . . . No.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
I agree with dsm2000....

I don't care who you are or how many people arrive with you, everyone is equal.

Period.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Not sure if any other karaoke clubs in North America have the Contiki tours drop in, but just wanted to give a heads up.

This group is absolutely fantastic, The host brings in approx. 30-100 people from all over the world.

Attention KJ's, Give the Contiki Tours host Priority and V.I.P privileges. these guys visit my shows with new people visiting every other week and are absolutely fantastic.

KJ's normally would not support favoritism in any case but "When the Contiki Tours host wants to sing" put him at the top of the list.
I don't give a hoot if it's the Pope, they will have to wait their turn just like everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
And even in this case, they aren't above anybody else - they wait their turn!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 49 times
They'll wait their turn, and LIKE it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I don't give a hoot if it's the Pope, they will have to wait their turn just like everyone else.

Nobody deserves to get bumped in the rotation. But I might take exception if it’s His Holiness, Pope Francis. I (we) would love to hear him sing “Hallelujah”. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:13 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

Nobody deserves to get bumped in the rotation. But I might take exception if it’s His Holiness, Pope Francis. I (we) would love to hear him sing “Hallelujah”. :lol:
Highway To Hell!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Lonman wrote:
Brian A wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

or "Stairway to Heaven"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times

Not for nothing but, you just opened a topic asking about "Handling Professional Singers at Karaoke." After reading what everyone had to say there, what makes you think any of us KJs here would do what you're suggesting?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:44 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

bazinga wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Brian A wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

or "Stairway to Heaven"
Which makes you wonder why there is a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
Just goes to show that some people will try anything at all to get bumped up to the top of the rotation; even bring a bus-load of singers to your show. If the host is so great and bringing in a following, maybe he should host his own shows somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Lonman wrote:
bazinga wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Brian A wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

or "Stairway to Heaven"
Which makes you wonder why there is a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven.

I think its ‘Stairway to Heaven’ so that you really have to work to get there. ‘Highway to Hell’ because of anticipated traffic numbers, hence, ease of travel route. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:37 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Or that is where the party is so they need more lanes??? :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Just one question this group only comes in every other week. What happens on the week they don't come in and you have abused and used your regulars? Also what happens to your show if for some reason they don't come in for awhile? Sorry I guess that's two questions, my bad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Personally, I feel that it ends up screwing you over. Better to stay with whatever rotation system that you successfully use. For me it's first come first served placing a new singer at the bottom of the rotation ensuring that the new singer will always sing in the rotation that they submitted their request in and will follow the same singer unless they leave.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:08 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Lonman wrote:
Or that is where the party is so they need more lanes??? :twisted:

But the highway is a downhill slide and there's no turning back lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
Personally, I feel that it ends up screwing you over. Better to stay with whatever rotation system that you successfully use. For me it's first come first served placing a new singer at the bottom of the rotation ensuring that the new singer will always sing in the rotation that they submitted their request in and will follow the same singer unless they leave.

If you place the new singer at the bottom of the list, what happens if the current singer is the second last singer? The new singer will be up second after the current singer. The way I see it is the bottom of the rotation is above the current singer. If you place the new singer before the current singer then the new singer will have to wait the entire rotation before singing. Is that what you mean by being placed at the bottom of the rotation?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
After reading all the posts, and agreeing with those who insist it be carved in stone "first come first served", and went ahead and broke my own rule last night... A former regular patron who I had nick-named "Lady Joan" several years ago, showed up for my birthday party last evening. At ninety-three years of age, she's now confined to a wheel-chair and resides in a nursing home.

Obviously, she couldn't stay late, so I slipped her into the rotation once her son told me she was ready to sing... And sing she did. Her voice may not be as strong as it once was, but she handled "New York, New York" like a pro.

Just goes to show that, as far as I'm concerned, there really are exceptions to every rule.

Three generations... Grandmother, Son, and Grandson.

Attachments:
Lady Joan 93.jpg
Lady Joan 93.jpg [ 55.42 KiB | Viewed 33731 times ]

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

bazinga wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

If you place the new singer at the bottom of the list, what happens if the current singer is the second last singer? The new singer will be up second after the current singer. The way I see it is the bottom of the rotation is above the current singer. If you place the new singer before the current singer then the new singer will have to wait the entire rotation before singing. Is that what you mean by being placed at the bottom of the rotation?

That is where you are wrong. The top of the rotation is the first singer of the night, not the current singer, otherwise it ceases to be a rotation. So what if the new singer becomes the next or fourth singer from the current singer, it's just dumb luck. As long as they are in the same rotation that is active at the time when they put their request in is all that matters to me. I am not worried about it not working out the way that I feel is fair since basically all the softwares that I have seen rotation management systems in basically default to exactly how I run my rotation.