KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I Feel Like it Bombed -- Is this normal? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:16 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
"if it's not my way, you want to make it ALL ABOUT YOU"

That's where you're wrong, my friend. I'm not trying to make it all about me, I'm trying to make it all about my customers. If I wanted to make it all about me, I'd be putting myself in the rotation.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
It's been a while since I did it but once, just once, I decided that because I was under the weather that I wouldn't sing at all that night because I didn't want to get my singers sick, I use a separate mic that doesn't get used by anyone else to announce the singers but makes it almost impossible to sing unless I am looking at the preview screen for the words. After one rotation I was getting the why aren't you singing. We love to hear you sing. I told them politely that I was sick and I don't want to give what I have to you. My announcing mic really isn't suitable for singing. If you need someone to sing with you, I will relax my duets count as both singers rule for the night. That was when I had that rule. I ended that rule after that night. Now I only count it as the person who is the first name on the request's turn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
Sounds to me like a classic example of someone buttering up the host so you get a special favor from him or her. Please show us an example of your great singing voice on the Showcase so we can see why your singers are dying to hear you sing so badly. You must be amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Dear Fellow KJ's:

Are you feeling insecure? Are you craving attention? Are you looking for recognition?

The answer is simple: Sing At Your Own Shows!

Yes, I know that's not what you were hired to do and it might not make your customers too happy, but who cares!

As long as you can satisfy your ego is all that matters. Give it a try! After all, you're not out to win a popularity contest with your customers, now are you? Go on, make it all about you. You'll feel like a million bucks!

And even if you lose a couple of disgruntled singers, that's great! That's more time for you to sing!

So live up to what the initials K.J. really mean. Karaoke Junkie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
Dear Fellow KJ's:
Are you feeling insecure? Are you craving attention? Are you looking for recognition?

The answer is simple: Sing At Your Own Shows!

Yes, I know that's not what you were hired to do and it might not make your customers too happy, but who cares!

As long as you can satisfy your ego is all that matters. Give it a try! After all, you're not out to win a popularity contest with your customers, now are you? Go on, make it all about you. You'll feel like a million bucks!

And even if you lose a couple of disgruntled singers, that's great! That's more time for you to sing!

So live up to what the initials K.J. really mean. Karaoke Junkie.

Really, Alan? “But who cares”? Well, obviously, you do; otherwise you wouldn’t have wasted your time telling others about how to run their show. It’s apparent because you have 50 posts from this thread and it’s all about (your words): “No KJ should sing, period! Your job is to "HOST", not to sing”.

I for one would be pis*ed if someone tells me I shouldn’t be singing at all or how to run my show. Reminds me of the time when a manager from Radio Shack across the street told me I should be doing this & that and more eq’s or more bass. I told him I’ll be at his retail store tomorrow and tell him about proper store management. Nuff said!

I think it’s time to finally throw in the towel and just accept the fact that we kj’s have different personalities, different clientele, and we all have our own way of running OUR own shows? If I fail on that, then so be it. It will be on my conscience, not yours.

btw, I’ve been kj’ing for over 25 yrs, started year of the first format, laser discs. I'm still in business. Evidently, I’m doing things right.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:25 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
A professional host is no more or less professional if they don't sing at all or decide to sing in every round.
This thread is done.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9