KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Looking For New Computer To Run Karma Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:52 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 12 times
Hi Guys, looking for a new computer to run Karma with no glitches, any recommendations? I've had issues with Windows 8/8.1 off a Dell top of the line, maybe it's the computer, hard to diagnose, the program winds up getting stuck in play. Anyway I haven't been able to diagnose or fix the issue so I'm in the market for a new one. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone is using something with no issues, thanks. Capt Frank

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:18 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Post the specs of the one you have freezing..
:angel:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
Turn off graphics hardware acceleration and try running Karma. . . it's one of the most common problems for many audio-video problems in a variety of programs.

To disable graphics hardware acceleration:

Choose Start > Control Panel.
Double-click Display.
Click the Settings tab.
Click Advanced.
Click the Troubleshoot tab.
Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.
Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:31 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
There is NO PC/Laptop available anywhere in the world to run Karma. It's gonna crash regardless of specs.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
There is NO PC/Laptop available anywhere in the world to run Karma. It's gonna crash regardless of specs.
I guess you have not read any of my posts about how many years I have run Karma on a super slow 9 year old AMD Toshiba laptop without any crash or flaw of any kind. I have found something that works and I'm sticking with it. Karma 2014.9.1 and a stripped down XP Pro 32 bit with only 17 services running.

I am not on a constant quest for the latest and greatest. My goal is to make my show flawless, efficient and fun. An always changing show is not a way to build a strong following. You have a constantly changing customer base so no one ever gets accustomed to your method. I would bet that if you had a normal venue you would see what I am talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:33 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

mrmarog wrote:
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
I guess you have not read any of my posts about how many years I have run Karma on a super slow 9 year old AMD Toshiba laptop without any crash or flaw of any kind. I have found something that works and I'm sticking with it. Karma 2014.9.1 and a stripped down XP Pro 32 bit with only 17 services running.

I am not on a constant quest for the latest and greatest. My goal is to make my show flawless, efficient and fun. An always changing show is not a way to build a strong following. You have a constantly changing customer base so no one ever gets accustomed to your method. I would bet that if you had a normal venue you would see what I am talking about.

Actually I also have an older Acer windows 7 machine using the old Karma program I received from around 2007 and it runs without a glitch. Isn't it sad that a high end machine like the Dell cannot run the latest Karma software without freezing?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:51 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

jdmeister wrote:

Dell Inspiron 15R, Windows 10, Core i7-3537U@2.00 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 64 bit Operating system, x64 - based processor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:59 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

dsm2000 wrote:
Turn off graphics hardware acceleration and try running Karma. . . it's one of the most common problems for many audio-video problems in a variety of programs.

To disable graphics hardware acceleration:

Choose Start > Control Panel.
Double-click Display.
Click the Settings tab.
Click Advanced.
Click the Troubleshoot tab.
Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.
Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.

There is no troubleshoot tab on advanced display settings in Windows 10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:14 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Capt Frank wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

Dell Inspiron 15R, Windows 10, Core i7-3537U@2.00 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 64 bit Operating system, x64 - based processor

Capt Frank, your new machine has enough horsepower to run almost any program... let alone Karma. Something else is the problem. Have you tried a clean reinstall and eliminate all "bloatware", disable all start programs, ditch any anti-virus, disable indexing, unzip karaoke files, reduce second monitor resolution, disable unneeded services, and defrag. Store your files on an internal drive and not an external USB drive

Zip files create fragments everytime a file is unzipped, because the zip is open temporarily, played, and then discarded.