KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - 2017 Fav/Recommended karaoke programs? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:24 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Most of the "BEST KARAOKE" Lists put Karafun, Siglos and MTU hoster at the top - with PCDJ & Kanto always ranking high.

I haven't heard any of you comment on some of these others listed: Karaoke 5 - Sing-magic - winlive Pro - Advanced Karaoke player - Just karaoke 2 - geez and a whole buncha others. I'm trying to steer clear of free ones because they're usually attached to spyware etc or search YouTube etc for their songs.

Anyway I'm getting it narrowed down for sure thanks to all your information and advice guys!!!
-----------------

Thanks for your input Alan - yeah I'm aware of how unappreciated and underpaid the whole music scene is... I've been in it my entire life - made a lot of money/spent a lotta money lol - but I'm not going to be living exclusively off of this, (because I'm a musician too) more like adding it in as another option/outlet for my natural talents but also for helping me survive on a limited/fixed income, so since I have invested in the equipment - I might as well use it in every way I can. Once I get rolling and learn this all, I'll build a library as I go and incorporate other things I do like graphic art & maybe some dj stuff - who knows?

I like the ease of a Karaoke show compared to the complete all encompassing effort a live music show entails - Though I still plan on doing a duo for small clubs and more than likely a new band will develop once I'm back out in the bars.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
My advice is: buy quality equipment, buy full featured software, learn the software forwards and backwards, use the software features, pick and choose your venues, don't give your services away, and pay for your music.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
ZOMBLUE wrote:
Most of the "BEST KARAOKE" Lists put Karafun, Siglos and MTU hoster at the top - with PCDJ & Kanto always ranking high.

I haven't heard any of you comment on some of these others listed: Karaoke 5 - Sing-magic - winlive Pro - Advanced Karaoke player - Just karaoke 2 - geez and a whole buncha others. I'm trying to steer clear of free ones because they're usually attached to spyware etc or search YouTube etc for their songs.

Anyway I'm getting it narrowed down for sure thanks to all your information and advice guys!!!
-----------------

Thanks for your input Alan - yeah I'm aware of how unappreciated and underpaid the whole music scene is... I've been in it my entire life - made a lot of money/spent a lotta money lol - but I'm not going to be living exclusively off of this, (because I'm a musician too) more like adding it in as another option/outlet for my natural talents but also for helping me survive on a limited/fixed income, so since I have invested in the equipment - I might as well use it in every way I can. Once I get rolling and learn this all, I'll build a library as I go and incorporate other things I do like graphic art & maybe some dj stuff - who knows?

I like the ease of a Karaoke show compared to the complete all encompassing effort a live music show entails - Though I still plan on doing a duo for small clubs and more than likely a new band will develop once I'm back out in the bars.

I hope it works out for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Gotcha mrmarog ! Sounds like a plan :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:17 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
ZOMBLUE wrote:
One of my main concerns besides the software is finding the QUICKEST (cause the show is August 10th) way to provide a good choice of songs for my first Karaoke gig.

But what exactly do you do when you're starting from scratch but have a deadline to get a show together?
That's what I'm asking myself over n over... lol

If I were to do something that I needed a bunch of music NOW, i'd probably look into the Party Tyme Pro Streaming. http://www.partytymeplayer.com/partytym ... ge_id=2345

I believe it has offline storage so you can use with all programs. There is a free week trial so you can figure out whether it will work or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

COOL Thanks Lonman!

ok so what about - what format to save downloads from say Karaoke.net?

I'm not planning on burning disks, so would I go with MP3+G? - because it asks that right off the bat when I looked into downloading/purchasing songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

ZOMBLUE wrote:
Cool Danny that's reassuring. So I can get/buy songs on the fly as they're requested? How much do the songs cost?
Songs run usually around $1.99 - $2.99 from the few download sites most of us use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

ZOMBLUE wrote:
COOL Thanks Lonman!

ok so what about - what format to save downloads from say Karaoke.net?

I'm not planning on burning disks, so would I go with MP3+G? - because it asks that right off the bat when I looked into downloading/purchasing songs.

I still use and download mp3g but also download the HD videos as well (avi, mp4, mpg - whatever format it happens to be in). Mp3g is pretty standard that almost EVERY player will play without any special 'codecs' for the video files.
Hoster plays most all video files (again with the proper codecs and this goes for most all the softwares as wel if they play video files). MP3g isn't as 'smooth' edged on the words but most singers i've talked to could give a rip if the edges aren't smooth as long as they can read the words. So your downloads will really be a preference. MP3g is fine.

But like someone said you don't HAVE to have a large library in your possession to start a show - only downside is you won't really have any kind of a list to show. You can be downloading as requested. So before your show starts try to get a few requests ahead of time and download those before you start. Once the show starts you can still download (this is easier if you have another computer just for the downloading then flashdrive them over to the show computer, unless you are using an integrated store like karaoke.net that does it directly through the software.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Siglos doesn't have a built-in store. Right now if I want to buy on the fly, I have to open up a Web browser and go directly to the website to download from. I know that I could kill two birds with one stone but I would still have to go directly to their websites because I don't want to give the owner of icroons.com a dime of my money due to past dealings with him. The only software that I use of his is the freeware programs that he has that basically don't need any technical support. I am planning on getting Video Hoster for a couple of reasons, the store and the SongbookDB plugin.

Last edited by DannyG2006 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
But like someone said you don't HAVE to have a large library in your possession to start a show - only downside is you won't really have any kind of a list to show. You can be downloading as requested. So before your show starts try to get a few requests ahead of time and download those before you start. Once the show starts you can still download (this is easier if you have another computer just for the downloading then flashdrive them over to the show computer, unless you are using an integrated store like karaoke.net that does it directly through the software.

I am always completely setup and ready to go 1 hour before show start time. My singers know this, and have songs ready when I'm ready. Usually when my show starts I have close to 1 hour of songs cued to sing, so you would have plenty of time to find new songs during the show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I am always completely setup and ready to go 1 hour before show start time. My singers know this, and have songs ready when I'm ready. Usually when my show starts I have close to 1 hour of songs cued to sing, so you would have plenty of time to find new songs during the show.
I was talking in his situation with NO songs. He could get a few downloaded and qued up ahead of show time, so those songs can be playing as he's downloading the next batch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I second Lonman's suggestion. You want to have enough requests in the que to prevent a lot of dead air time trying to get songs downloaded because each download is going to take time depending on the speed of the internet connection. I can get about three to four downloads for every song that is playing when I was running Justkaraoke and they had their store active.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
I was talking in his situation with NO songs. He could get a few downloaded and qued up ahead of show time, so those songs can be playing as he's downloading the next batch.
I was actually talking BOTH downloads AND hard drive songs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
Lonman wrote:
I was actually talking BOTH downloads AND hard drive songs.
I didn't go back and re-read but I thought he said he didn't have any songs at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:29 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Hiya
I DONT have any songs yet, but my deadline to decide and buy a program is Thursday the 3rd - then I will go gather music a bit as I know this club and several of the usual singers, so I can definitely get a head start prior to showtime. Btw you guys are on top of it ((yay)) !
Today was compuhosts turn for demo-ing and it's ok but the lettering and fonts have no shadow- anyone know if that can be changed? Being a graphic (and on paper) artist, that bugs the Hell outta me. I'm a LEO and all about color and very particular lol. This program has the most in depth step by step video tutorial that I've found though- that's great.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

ZOMBLUE wrote:
Today was compuhosts turn for demo-ing and it's ok but the lettering and fonts have no shadow- anyone know if that can be changed? Being a graphic (and on paper) artist, that bugs the Hell outta me. I'm a LEO and all about color and very particular lol.

Then Karma might be worth looking closer at. You can change the color of any feature in Karma. The default is blue and gray with a few other colors. It also a few other skins that you can preselect that are also "so so". I have greatly changed the colors and made it very colorful.

Attachments:
Karma Song Trim .JPG
Karma Song Trim .JPG [ 252.73 KiB | Viewed 28524 times ]
Karma Main Screen2.JPG
Karma Main Screen2.JPG [ 261.75 KiB | Viewed 28524 times ]
Karma Main Screen.JPG
Karma Main Screen.JPG [ 184.96 KiB | Viewed 28524 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:22 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

ZOMBLUE wrote:

-----------------

Unfortunately the boat has sunk on Justkaraoke 2 as there's no way to purchase it because the company has gone out of business. It was a great little program, had a lot of the bells and whistles that some of the higher priced software has.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
I’d like to hear your Karma assessment review, please. Pros & cons.

Btw guys, an observation and not nitpicking, it’s just my mindless nonsense - but the op is not a ‘he’ but a ‘she’ as in Pamela. Pardon the programming interruption, please carry on. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thanks for the visuals mr! That's cool Karma is so customizable - can you also customize the lettering on the bar monitors? Like the words you put on the default screen - Welcome to this karaoke show at -bar name - or anything like that? You know happy bday to this guy etc? I know someone commented earlier about Siglos being COMPLETELY customizable with drop shadows and more, does Karma do that?

Btw lil confused by what I got at karasoft because thought it was a demo for Karma, but was Karafun player ... What's the difference? Or is this karafun player just a demo (partial) version and Karma the full professional one? I'll go back and look again- I gathered a few different demos that day, possibly I missed something there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
ZOMBLUE wrote:
Btw lil confused by what I got at karasoft because thought it was a demo for Karma, but was Karafun player ... What's the difference? Or is this karafun player just a demo (partial) version and Karma the full professional one? I'll go back and look again- I gathered a few different demos that day, possibly I missed something there.

I have a feeling KNF is online and doing something again to “redirect” to karafun site. :lol:

Knf, I’m kidding. Anyway http://www.karaosoft.com/ Click Product/Services. 2nd item is the software. Click download.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next