KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - 2017 Fav/Recommended karaoke programs? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
others can do some screen customizing, but as far as i know not to the level of Siglos. also, no other software can add the drop shadows or do the graphics upgrades that Siglos does to the lyrics.
from this
to this

and singer announcement screens like this
she raises tarantulas, and when it's her turn she yell out "It's My Toin"
and this
Charlie loves his rebel flag

and if they have no custom screen (newbies or just haven't thought of a good screen idea for them) it will default to the screen i i have for the venue
like for the American Legion
or the VFW
or my british pub
and my irish dive bar

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
I agree with paradigm. Tho’ I do not use Siglos hosting software (bought the pro version but I can’t find the time to learn it – one of these days).

I do use and love siglos karaoke player for about a year now. I can drop a cd in the rom-drive and all these cool colorful backgrounds appear, image change automatically every 10 or 20 or 30-second selected intervals thus creating a visually impressive presentation.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:46 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
FANTASTIC GRAPHICS For SURE! That's what I like- color and customization! I'm definitely going to spend more time looking at Siglos too! Thanks so much for those pix!!! Nothing like actually SEEING stuff to get ya in the know.

This is an uber hard decision- SO many great features on these programs.
I'm still working through the demos and comparing comparing comparing lol.
-----> All of your feedback and info has really helped- what a great buncha folks here at Karaoke scene!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
ZOMBLUE wrote:
Thanks for the visuals mr! That's cool Karma is so customizable - can you also customize the lettering on the bar monitors? Like the words you put on the default screen - Welcome to this karaoke show at -bar name - or anything like that? You know happy bday to this guy etc? I know someone commented earlier about Siglos being COMPLETELY customizable with drop shadows and more, does Karma do that?

Btw lil confused by what I got at karasoft because thought it was a demo for Karma, but was Karafun player ... What's the difference? Or is this karafun player just a demo (partial) version and Karma the full professional one? I'll go back and look again- I gathered a few different demos that day, possibly I missed something there.

As Brian pointed out you need to download from http://www.karaosoft.com/Products.aspx ONLY. Yes, the bar screen can have a customizable message, but you can't have drop shadows.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:43 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Okay so- I'VE TAKEN KARMA OFF MY LIST of possible purchases.

I've been reading (here an around the web) about all the horrible confrontations users are having with the owner of Karasoft... ((wow)) - as much as I was getting to like the program, people have relayed actual conversations that show the guy might be a good programmer but is definitely NOT a customer service rep- and he has already screwed MANY people (LOTS more than what's posted here) outta their licenses just for asking for help?

Ugh ... I'm not going that route. No matter how well it's worked for others, I can't afford to lose what I've purchased because someone is unprofessional, rude and obviously does not stand behind his product.

So, I'm glad for those who use (and love) Karma and have been lucky enough to not experience the BAD side of it's support, but I'm not gonna risk it. Knowing me I'd have some issues, ask n he'd delete my license etc. The guy should've spent the money to pay a professional support tech, he'd quit loosing money and gain more users - instead he has power wars and deletes bad reviews along with his loyal customers licenses and pockets their hard earned money... NO THANKS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
The ONLY reason Karma sells anymore is because people don't realize what sh!tty customer support some people get. While he HAS given me some reasonable support over the years, it's been offset by the fact that he simply doesn't listen to feature suggestions and other requests for help. It's a shame. The product is decent but it could be a whole lot better. I may switch to Siglos in the future but I'll have to try a couple others out first.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:45 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Just wanted to thank all of you here at Karaoke Scene for all the info and advice. My mad rush to get started for that spur of the moment event has come to an abrupt end- (after 2 weeks of living and breathing karaoke reviews/demos/videos and this forum) the lady that I was doing the gig for has become too ill - "Damn cancer!!" to be able to enjoy her bday out, so I can take more time and start to gather a library etc. I tell ya this was quite the experience and I give all you Kj's much credit for being able to do what you do - SO MUCH MORE involved than an outsider (as any type of show that's put on) would ever know!-- Even though I've been a professional musician for years, this was a whole new ballgame lol.

I REALLY Learned a lot here from you all, your quick responses and sage advice is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! I will continue to check in (subscribed to notifications) and read more here, and will update you all later on- as to my progress towards getting a show together. I still have to make the ultimate decision of which program to purchase, but at least I won't be pushed into it by a fast (and unrealistic) time frame lol. - Though I sure gave it my best shot!

"You here at karaokescene.com are a very valuable and vital part of the karaoke community and a great resource, especially precious to the newbs that needed live interaction like me!" I will highly recommend your forum to anyone looking for info and a great place to hang out and discuss.

Hope you all have a great weekend and keep on doing what you do!
Much Love and Light... Pamela (zomblue)