KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - LyxPro SPA-5.5 Small PA Speaker Monitor Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-SPA-5-5-S ... ro+spa+5.5

I ordered one of these today to make a little portable karaoke system to take to the beach and whatnot. Has anyone every tried one of these? It is the only powered personal monitor I have found with built in effects (echo knob) under $200. I know it is not gonna sound as good as my home system, but it will be better than the magic mic crap my wife bought off amazon the other day.

I was thinking that next time some home karaoke newbie post that he is looking for something under $300, I could suggest this (if it works out ok) with some lower end Shure mics and use a tablet or laptop for analog audio feed for music. You could even add another powered speaker (maybe 10" or 12") and daisy chain them.

Attachment:
81mWsJFcoWL__SL1500_.jpg
81mWsJFcoWL__SL1500_.jpg [ 272.03 KiB | Viewed 18675 times ]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
For $250, give me the TC Helicon VoiceSolo FX150 over the LyxPro.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicesolo-fx150/

And as much as I love karaoke, never even crossed my mind that I need to do karaoke on the beach 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:06 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Yeah, The girls will be at a beach house for 10 days. It might be nice to sit out on the wrap around porch and wail some karaoke to the unsuspecting tourist below.

I would love to try the TC-Helicon box too, but it is twice the price. I have been looking for something small but serviceable (with effects, or an effect "ehco" lol) and cheap for a while. At $139 bucks I figure I can give it a try and if it sucks too bad I can send it back. Amazon will take it.

At least it does not look like a "karaoke" machine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

So, I have had this thing for a couple of weeks now and have put it through it's paces. I gotta say, it does not suck. It is nowhere near as good as my living room system, but sounds pretty decent. I can tuck a microphone or two and some xlr cables into the box that it came in and pack it up and take it where ever I want. Add a pc to play my cdg files, or just use my smart phone and you tube.

The echo effect is kinda cheesy, but I keep it turned down to about 20%. And this thing is pretty loud. I have it setup in my sun room and my wife an daughter keep coming in there telling me to turn it down when they are trying to watch TV in the living room at the other end of the house. The sound is clear and I have not had any problems with feeback or distortion even when driving it pretty hard with my voice. It does not have great bass response, but enough for me to hear myself.

I would highly recommend it to someone just starting out who wants a home system on a budget. It is much better than any "all in one" systems I have ever heard.

I have been singing with a band lately and am going to take it to band practice Friday to use it as a personal monitor. I have a boom arm coming in Thursday to attach to the top so I won't need two mic stands any more.

Attachments:
lyx_5_5_stand.JPG
lyx_5_5_stand.JPG [ 1.43 MiB | Viewed 14145 times ]