KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software - gone off track Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:37 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Well ya' know it's just karaoke. If I was to mention karaoke in a Professional musicians forum, I would get bashed to pieces. So lets just put this all aside. Again it's just karaoke and just another karaoke software.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Well ya' know it's just karaoke. If I was to mention karaoke in a Professional musicians forum, I would get bashed to pieces. So lets just put this all aside. Again it's just karaoke and just another karaoke software.

To be honest, If that is how you feel about Karaoke, do us a favor and get out of the business while you still can, because that attitude and the pirates are the main reasons for the bar owners to not pay us what we are really worth.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I know a Professional musician who would probably stand up and speak out against any other musicians who belittled you because in 1980 I attended a concert put on by James Taylor and it was him,his guitar and what basically was a karaoke player playing the background music and vocals behind him as he sang and played his guitar. He made use of karaoke and didn't get ridiculed for doing so. Yes the majority of the songs were songs that he wrote but that's besides the point.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I know a Professional musician who would probably stand up and speak out against any other musicians who belittled you because in 1980 I attended a concert put on by James Taylor and it was him,his guitar and what basically was a karaoke player playing the background music and vocals behind him as he sang and played his guitar. He made use of karaoke and didn't get ridiculed for doing so. Yes the majority of the songs were songs that he wrote but that's besides the point.

Reminds me of the famous or not so famous quote from Comedian Rich Hall's alter ego - Otis Lee Crenshaw -

"How come you can play guitar and harmonica at the same time, like, you know, Bob Dylan or Neil Young? You're a genius. Make that extra effort to strap some cymbals to your knees, and people will cross the street to get the hell away from you."

Funny stuff if you've never heard him before -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmIt8_AgKQ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:31 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times

And it's
'just karaoke' is why it has the bad rap it does in the first place. Very few actually take it serious. Like using ION speakers and using Karafun as their platform, no true pro would use these - but hey, it's just karaoke! I also know several local pro and semi pro musicians that come to my shows, mainly because it sounds like a 'show' and not 'just karaoke'.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:26 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

True you got me on that one. But hey... cheap gear is cheap gear reguardless of its quality. but then again there is more home users and newbies on this forum asking about getting started in "karaoke on the cheap" vs. Professional KJ's offering advise.

On another note, I've upgraded to BOSE in my mobile karaok rig since then... so hey, I'm quite happy with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
On another note, I've upgraded to BOSE in my mobile karaok rig since then... so hey, I'm quite happy with that.

That won't be controversial here at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

It was the karafun software that the other members are "Chewing to shreds".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
JimHarrington wrote:

That won't be controversial here at all.
It was the karafun software that the other members are "Chewing to shreds".
No KNF, he was talking about Bose. You either love Bose or hate it (mostly because of price vs. value). That has been debated/argued hundreds of times. Where have you been?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Bose, all of the highs and none of the lows.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
DannyG2006 wrote:

Yeah, you don't notice the hearing damage until the show is over.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:01 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I'm not sure if other know the same,but I've had the same set of BOSE 151's for more than 26 years and they still sound like they first day I bought them.

One thing about BOSE is "They make a "BAD" singer sound "Very good" (If you know what I mean... lol)

Seriously though I regret selling off the 4 pairs of BOSE 802 Series II speakers over 20 years ago, They just never died. and many years later still sound as new. Marineland here in Niagara Falls, Canada still uses the Bose 802 speakers from at least 25 years and when the dolphins and walrus's start speaking you can hear them as real as it is.

BOSE is over-priced but then again, they last for quite a long time. I'm also a huge fan of the EV's back in the day, but find BOSE provide a nicer, full spectrum and pure kick a$$ over-all sound that do not bleed the ears when used properly with the Processors.

I'm sure we all experienced the Ear bleeding from the W bins and Martin's along with the EV 15's back in the day promoting that Marshal stack bottom end sound, but that's another story in itself.

Jim of all people should know the excellent quality of the Soundchoice tracks are clearly defined when played through the higher end BOSE products, and results are extreme excellent quality vs. many other brands. In fact i'm very shocked that not every professional KJ doesn't have a set of the Gems. they are awesome for the prive vs. value.

It was BOSE that made me decide to purchase the GEM series.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:34 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
Actually the joke is
"No Highs, No Lows - MUST be BOSE!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:40 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

You're a funny guy lonman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:44 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
DannyG2006 wrote:

This from someone who has often proudly talked of the "un" pro audio equipment he uses, Rockville speakers being the latest.
I am so sick of Bose haters spewing their "No highs, No lows, Must be Bose" mantra...geez they sound like the democratic party.
I am beginning to believe it is nothing more than (@$%&#!) envy. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

RLC wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

This from someone who has often proudly talked of the "un" pro audio equipment he uses, Rockville speakers being the latest.
I am so sick of Bose haters spewing their "No highs, No lows, Must be Bose" mantra...geez they sound like the democratic party.
I am beginning to believe it is nothing more than <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> envy. :evil:

For your information, I decided to use zzounds' monthly payment plan to purchase the passive version of the Active speakers I use to have, EV ZXA1'S the new ones are the ZX1'S. I am not against getting brand name stuff if I get more than just the brand name. Bose costs way more than they are worth. To fill the room with adequate sound, you need twice the number of speakers than the EV'S that I am using. Nothing really unprofessional if the equipment does its job. You look like a better business man if you can get the job done well without having to break the bank to do so. It's all about more bang for the buck for me. Maybe it's the ones who realized that they spent more than they really needed and forgot that it's the operator that knows how to get the most out of what they have by knowing how to use it at the best level of quality without overspending that are the ones that are really jealous.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Just to add, I have a professional music producer who has sung using my Rockville handheld mics and has made the statement over the mic that my mic sounds just as good if not better than the Shure mics that everyone else uses where I am. So I stand by my statement that I have found a number of gems with the equipment that I use or have used in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

after reading many posts on speakers, it seems to be boiling down to EV vs. BOSE for the top level professionals.

Do remember that most of the forum talk is merely "answers" to newbies entering the field on the cheap and looking for a place to start. this is why we hear of such brands like Behringer, Rockville. ION, ALTO.

more middle class lines like PEAVEY, JBL, Yamaha...

It all boils down to the $$$ available to those wanting quality Vs. long term vs. budget.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
RLC wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:

I am beginning to believe it is nothing more than <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> envy. :evil:

I have 2 Bose compacts that I use for a country club show that I do, and the 2 compacts do an amazing job of filling this large venue and still allow everyone to have quiet conversation. I use a floor monitor too.

I think I have an undercover video somewhere of President Trump bashing Bose..... you know he hates everything :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

after reading many posts on speakers, it seems to be boiling down to EV vs. BOSE for the top level professionals.

Do remember that most of the forum talk is merely "answers" to newbies entering the field on the cheap and looking for a place to start. this is why we hear of such brands like Behringer, Rockville. ION, ALTO.

more middle class lines like PEAVEY, JBL, Yamaha...

It all boils down to the $$$ available to those wanting quality Vs. long term vs. budget.

It is all three that I look at when deciding what I am going to get. The speakers that I am replacing are no where near the end of their lives functionality wise, I just want my speakers to look better than they are looking. I have had them since 2008 or 2009. I got them to replace a pair of 12" Sound Barrier speakers that ended up getting stolen on me. Yeah, I know exactly who stole them but proving that is another story.