KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software - gone off track Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
The problem I have with Bose is that the sound is exceptionally bright and clean, which is nice on a general level, but it induces people to turn up the power higher than you ordinarily would. This is especially true because the bass response is less intense than with other speakers. The result, at least for me, is that it tires out my ears more quickly.

Engineering-wise, Bose is great. And if they're run properly, the negatives can be mitigated. But that's really hard to do, and there are trade-offs. If you're happy with them, use them--but learn how they work.

I can tell you, however, that at SCE we use EV exclusively for our own shows. (We have contractors and SCFM operators who use other equipment, however.) And I like them enough that when I build my home system, I'm going to use them.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:13 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
They actually do sound more on the bright side when not used with the recommended processor thus may leave some undesirable experiences. Lucky for me the processing is built into the A1 Amplifiers.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:19 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
JimHarrington wrote:
The problem I have with Bose is that the sound is exceptionally bright and clean, which is nice on a general level, but it induces people to turn up the power higher than you ordinarily would. This is especially true because the bass response is less intense than with other speakers. The result, at least for me, is that it tires out my ears more quickly.

The problem I had with Bose was all the singer's telling me how wonderful they sounded, both when listening to other singer's and to theirselves when they sang on them. It was a continual problem, but I learned to accept it.
Also the problem of the ease of transport, lifting and setup...a problem that I also learned to live with.
Yes they were expensive. I use a L1M1 with a T1 Tonematch, 2 B1 Subs, an A1 Packlite Amp with a B2 Sub and as a monitor speaker I use a L1 Compact on an angled stand.(I do not use the extensions with the Compact) Again, Yes they were expensive....but my back is eternally grateful, so again, I have learned to accept the problems I described above.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:26 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Anyway, When it comes to karaoke software do keep in mind you do not have to have just one software.
Install as many karaoke software on the same computer.

I haven't had any issues having multiple karaoke players running at the same time.

Winamp w/CDG and Pacemaker plugin + karaoke builder player 3.0 + Karafun + RoxBox DJPro all run perfectly without issues sharing the same song database.

The only karaoke softwares that can not run together are the KIOSK full screen style programs such as SHCK Self Hosting karaoke and Grahams Karaoke Kiosk Player.

Karma + MTU Hoster + Singlos + KJams also work well together.

For MAC users LYRYX + KJAMS also work well together.

Don't just settle for one software when you can enjoy them all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Anyway, When it comes to karaoke software do keep in mind you do not have to have just one software. Install as many karaoke software on the same computer. <snipped> Don't just settle for one software when you can enjoy them all.

Why?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:10 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Backup silly... that's why.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Backup silly... that's why.
It's the computer that fails NOT the program....... silly...... or don't you know that?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:31 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

OMG! all this time you guys are complaining about Karafun crashes, karma crashes, software crashes... hello is anybody home?

Seriously it doesn't cause any harm to have a couple different players on your PC for Backup purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:35 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I guess you forgot all the posts I have made about "perfection" with Karma. See here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27974&hilit=perfection+karma

On June 2013 I wrote
Quote:
I owe Bob Latshaw a big thank you for having created the smoothest running karaoke program in existence. I too owe him an apology for creating a 5 page thread entitiled "Karma locks up once a night on my laptop."

Well those days are long gone for me, and I don't care what computer I run it on, I get the same flawless performance. We haven't seen an update for awhile and bugs don't seem to exist anymore......so that must mean (I hope) some new features. What are some things you would to see added?

I am still flawless. How about you?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:37 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
My software has never crashed. My computer itself failed (motherboard once, main system hard drive 2nd time) in which my backup computer has the same software. Multiple softwares wouldn't have helped in either case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
OMG! all this time you guys are complaining about Karafun crashes, karma crashes, software crashes... hello is anybody home?

Seriously it doesn't cause any harm to have a couple different players on your PC for Backup purposes.

if you use real pro software instead of Karafun, no crashes.
Siglos....no backup software needed.