KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - i wanna make an art-like exhibit but of my karaoke vids Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:41 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
what would be the best way to do that?

i want to showcase my random karaoke videos of random folks being themselves and singing. but i don't want anyone to forward my videos or share my videos. i just want to have a platform where i can showcase them and have folks enjoy them too. my videos are a minute and a half or less; they don't capture entire performances but none are boring to watch.

what's the best way to showcase these?

a private youtube channel? (does that even exist?) a private facebook page--but can others share or forward content, do you know?

anyone out there have something like this already where you showcase your private videos?

anyone here be interested in checking out my karaoke video exhibit?

by the way, i'd be interested in checking out anyone's karaoke video exhibits

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Anything posted can be copied and shared..
Yes, you can set YouTube to "Private".
Not sure this would fall under the "Fair Use" portion of the (C) regs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I had a friend who I met in West Virginia while I was there for a month and a half. He used to have a you tube channel that he put up videos of his singers. Almost as soon as he put them up, You Tube took them down due to copy right issues as it was explained to him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:58 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

thanks jdmeister; i reckoned that any vid posted on the internet can be copied so i'm weary of that. i thought about just collecting e-mails and sending these vids to folks in my email list only but how often do folks check email and i don't want the videos forwarded to others.

i wonder how i'd fair on youtube, danny, if i tried making my own youtube channel--since my vids aren't the entire performance. often i'm not recording even the beginning of the song. i come in somewhere in the middle of the person singing and i stop recording before the singer ends. because i don't like seeing videos of myself so i don't tape folks for long. and i don't keep the camera on them. i mentioned this before in a different thread that i pan the crowd.

if you have itunes, etc where before you purchase the song you can get a quick sample of it. those samples are about the length of my videos or mine are slightly shorter. which is why i kinda wanna put them into an exhibit. they aren't long but you get a jist of the entire performance and song from that one snippet. and it's short enough that you don't get bored. and i'm not taping someone who's just standing still like a cardboard or a robot. if they are i'm paning the crowd. or i'm paning away and you're just listening to the voice that's probably good enough that you don't have to focus on the singer...

ah well

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

by the way (i'm certainly wayyy biased about this) but i feel like my vids aren't fully focusing really on karaoke or showcasing our shows. i feel like my vids are really showcasing a peek to regular everyday folks unmasking their human side and vulnerable side for a sec. which fits hand-in-hand with how i'm not taping the entire performance. you just get 45 second peek. and i happen to capture that window that moment that peek where their singing or their performing is really raw. bad singing or good singing. or something random happens just at that moment that i've captured.

looking at some of these vids i'm thinking someone who doesn't know may even think i'm setting these up. or the singers are in on it or it's scripted. but they're not. and i'm just getting lucky. it's like i'm capturing a good sports highlight of every performance which isn't necessarily a good voice or singing. it could be any part of that performance.

like i happened to capture the one moment you remember best from the performance when you watched it live--and it may not necessarily be singing or a good voice. i caught it and i wasn't taping the whole thing.

maybe i'll burn all those vids into a cd and hand 'em out. i dunno. i'll think of something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:42 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
My daughter uses "SnapChat" to send small videos. They self destruct in 24 hours.