KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Control your show from the audience. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:29 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
I have decided to scrap phone app and kiosk station requests for the perceivable future. I am replacing it with going directly to the singer to get their request. To help me do this, I will be controlling the operations of my player software from a tablet that I will be carrying with me into the audience so that as I am interacting with the audience, I can also add them to the rotation and start the song without having to go to my computer to do so. If Siglos adds a phone app/kiosk that will send the request into the player, I will revisit that.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:52 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Every customer wants to hear his name..
Then he knows he has value to you..
Karaoke is a people business, not a music business.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
I have decided to scrap phone app and kiosk station requests for the perceivable future. I am replacing it with going directly to the singer to get their request. To help me do this, I will be controlling the operations of my player software from a tablet that I will be carrying with me into the audience so that as I am interacting with the audience, I can also add them to the rotation and start the song without having to go to my computer to do so. If Siglos adds a phone app/kiosk that will send the request into the player, I will revisit that.

At my shows, people love using their phone to submit their song requests. I would never take that away from them. As far as interacting with the audience, I do that anyway. I spend more time interacting with the audience than I do behind my console.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:20 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I don't want phone request submissions - I do have that ability to turn it on with SongbookDB, but won't. I want people to interact with me, either just turning in their slip or coming up to tell me their songs request.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:23 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
I don't want phone request submissions - I do have that ability to turn it on with SongbookDB, but won't. I want people to interact with me, either just turning in their slip or coming up to tell me their songs request.

It sounds like what you're really saying is "I just want my singers to love me". LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:53 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
It sounds like what you're really saying is "I just want my singers to love me". LOL.

I like to interact with my singers as well.

Posted in jest. (just kidding) :yes:
Attachment:
toot.png
toot.png [ 153.82 KiB | Viewed 25615 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Alan B wrote:

I like to interact with my singers as well.

Posted in jest. (just kidding) :yes:
Attachment:
toot.png

It's OK, Brian. Someone's got to "toot" it for you, even if you have to do it yourself. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i like the phone requests as well, but they can still come up and talk to me and give in a request personally if they like.
the only part that would ruin a show is auto adding the request to the rotation.
72 year old Dan puts in ring of fire, 38 year old Dan puts in Enter Sandman, and 23 year old Dan puts in Santeria
38 and 23 Dan's are going to be mad when they get skipped and 72 Dan is going to get a surprise when he gets called up to sing Metallica and Offspring.
no automated system separates them, but the host can.

i like the idea of walking around with a tablet (i have thought about those hand straps like servers use at restaurants now) so that is appealing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i like the idea of walking around with a tablet (i have thought about those hand straps like servers use at restaurants now) so that is appealing.

Wouldn't you look like a "music waiter?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

All you need to do it is a tablet with a big enough screen, and an app for remote desktop and a hoster app on your computer. As long as you have it set up so that the tablet is the only device that can connect with your computer, you can do it without worrying about someone else controlling your computer. I ended up having to purchase a new Tablet because the old one didn't have a big enough screen, well it was fine for the basic things that you needed to do, with the exception of being able to change the key or activating the multiplex button for the few VCD videos that I have on my system. The battery life of the old Tablet was also not long enough for a bar gig but it would have been enough for the twice a month show that I do at a mental health social center. The new one has a big enough screen and enough battery life to last two Bar shows.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:23 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

Wouldn't you look like a "music waiter?"

well...i do serve them up some tasty beats and smooth grooves throughout the night.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:58 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
KJams software Mac or Windows has a built in server that works very nice with WTKJams that also looks pretty impressive on a 12.9" iPad Pro.

I use it at most of my winter shows and works very well with 4 ipads connecting to the server. There is also an app available for android users.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:00 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i like the phone requests as well, but they can still come up and talk to me and give in a request personally if they like.
the only part that would ruin a show is auto adding the request to the rotation.
72 year old Dan puts in ring of fire, 38 year old Dan puts in Enter Sandman, and 23 year old Dan puts in Santeria
38 and 23 Dan's are going to be mad when they get skipped and 72 Dan is going to get a surprise when he gets called up to sing Metallica and Offspring.

Our system does... There can only be one Dan...the others would be prompted to use Dan1 or something of their choosing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

KSFGROUP wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:

Our system does... There can only be one Dan...the others would be prompted to use Dan1 or something of their choosing.

your hosting system or your kiosk system?
if it's the kiosk, how does it know it is not the same Dan when it asks for Dan1?
or is there no general kiosk option? only if you create an account can you put in a song?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Ran my first show with the new format and it was a major success. My singers loved the fact that while I was talking with them at their table, I would put their songs into the que. I enjoyed being able to do more socializing and spending less time at my system yet able to start the next song from wherever I am at that moment.