KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Free at last! *well sorta* Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:11 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
So this June, I made my final payment on my GEM tracks, so I will be freeing up an extra $250 *Canadian*/month to spend on other endeavors like buying groceries and paying bills! :D

I am stoked. I may even have found some people who would be willing to rent my music on a regular basis, so I might actually start making some money with my collection.

have a great day all

-James

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
jclaydon wrote:
So this June, I made my final payment on my GEM tracks, so I will be freeing up an extra $250 *Canadian*/month to spend on other endeavors like buying groceries and paying bills! :D

I am stoked. I may even have found some people who would be willing to rent my music on a regular basis, so I might actually start making some money with my collection.

have a great day all

-James

Life does get better when there is less debt to worry about. Now if you can get a couple of regular jobs then it will get even better. Let us know how renting your music works out. Since I don't do many shows anymore, I have thought of doing the same thing.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:22 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I don't hold with renting out my equipment or library, since no one is going to take as good a care of your investment as your are. That is why I have never hired a financial expert to handle my money. If I'm taking the risk, I want to make the decisions. I have seen too many famous people give their money to people like Bernie Madoff and end up with nothing. Even John Wayne had to make movies until his death due to bad investments his financial planner got him into, not to mention all of the taxes owed by Willie Nelson.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:13 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Glad you are paid off!

Be careful about renting the system out. Since PEP wants a 1:1 ratio, it means you most likely either will be loaning your originals or if it's legally shifted, the computer it's on.

Either way, make sure you are on the right side of PEP's policy so you don't have any issues with your account.

...and definitely make sure you trust the person your renting your stuff too.

Now, go out there and rock the place!!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Glad you are paid off!

Be careful about renting the system out. Since PEP wants a 1:1 ratio, it means you most likely either will be loaning your originals or if it's legally shifted, the computer it's on.

Either way, make sure you are on the right side of PEP's policy so you don't have any issues with your account.

...and definitely make sure you trust the person your renting your stuff too.

Now, go out there and rock the place!!! :D

So far, I'm renting to one person, and I trust her implicitly. She has my drive with all the stickers on it.

If I was going to rent it to anyone else, I wouldn't do it unless I could attend their show and take the drive home at the end of the night.

-James