KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Channel / Stingray on custom CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm
Posts: 405
Songs: 1
Location: United Kingdom
Been Liked: 38 times
Anyone know where, if anywhere, you can get Stingray, Karaoke channel (or even Sound Choice) tracks on a custom DISC format? They've been pulled from Customburn.com.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4198
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 851 times
Stingray tracks can not put out discs because of their licensing. SC sold the tracks to Stingray so no SC custom discs either since they don't even own them anymore.

your best bet if nobody else makes the songs is to make the suggestion for those songs from karaoke.net. there is a thread here under new music requests. they do a great job putting out requested music when licensing is available.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 2912
Location: Pineville, NC
Been Liked: 975 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Stingray tracks can not put out discs because of their licensing. SC sold the tracks to Stingray so no SC custom discs either since they don't even own them anymore.


If the use will be personal rather than commercial, an alternative would be to buy the tracks from thekaraokechannel.com. The trick would be to figure out how to convert them to ISO to burn a CD+G from the tracks, but if you were really desperate, it could be done.

_________________
Since there has been some confusion:
1. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer. Statements I make here about legal issues are for informational purposes only.
2. I am an officer of Phoenix Entertainment Partners, but my opinions on matters not involving Phoenix's business are my own and may not reflect the opinions of the company.
3. If you have questions you'd like answered officially, you are welcome to email me at jim@phxep.com or send me a private message here.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:55 pm
Posts: 4274
Location: New York City
Been Liked: 633 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
your best bet if nobody else makes the songs is to make the suggestion for those songs from karaoke.net. there is a thread here under new music requests. they do a great job putting out requested music when licensing is available.

Or request the song at karaokeversion.com


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm
Posts: 405
Songs: 1
Location: United Kingdom
Been Liked: 38 times
Thank you for your suggestions folks.

To clarify, the song I was searching for in question was released by both Sound Choice and Chartbuster originally, but the CB/digitrax version does not even come close to the SC one.

My normal port of call would be CustomBurn.com, which had pretty much the entire catalogue on there, under the Karaoke Channel livery (available in both download and disc as with all of their tracks). However, the site was down for "maintenance" for ages and when it resurfaced only Zoom and Sunfly tracks were on offer.

As a result there appears to be nowhere you can get Stingray/Karaoke Channel OR Sound Choice tracks in custom disc form. What I have done for the time being is downloaded the track at the Karaoke Channel site in ZIP format (.mp3 + .CDG files in one) so I at least have the track. This will have to do until disc becomes available again. Annoyingly SR have rebranded their KC tracks and removed the silence at the beginning, but this is a minor inconvenience.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:13 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1267
Images: 2
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Been Liked: 86 times
I personally gave up on Stingray.
They do offer a nice player app though but as mention, good for "Personal use"


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:35 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:55 am
Posts: 3594
Images: 0
Been Liked: 332 times
Lord Burnstrum wrote:
Annoyingly SR have rebranded their KC tracks and removed the silence at the beginning, but this is a minor inconvenience.


If Harrington gets wind of you using a SR song in your shows, he will sue you!!! That is a big no no!!

_________________
I am the ONLY SANE 1 HERE


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 2912
Location: Pineville, NC
Been Liked: 975 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
If Harrington gets wind of you using a SR song in your shows, he will sue you!!! That is a big no no!!


I'll note for the record that the poster appears to be in the UK. I don't know whether or not Stingray has different terms of use for UK users or whether or not UK law provides for a public performance license for such products. I'm not especially motivated to find out, as I have enough to do on this side of the Atlantic.

My comments about Stingray products in commercial use are limited to the US and Canada.

_________________
Since there has been some confusion:
1. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer. Statements I make here about legal issues are for informational purposes only.
2. I am an officer of Phoenix Entertainment Partners, but my opinions on matters not involving Phoenix's business are my own and may not reflect the opinions of the company.
3. If you have questions you'd like answered officially, you are welcome to email me at jim@phxep.com or send me a private message here.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:52 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:55 am
Posts: 3594
Images: 0
Been Liked: 332 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
If Harrington gets wind of you using a SR song in your shows, he will sue you!!! That is a big no no!!


I'll note for the record that the poster appears to be in the UK. I don't know whether or not Stingray has different terms of use for UK users or whether or not UK law provides for a public performance license for such products. I'm not especially motivated to find out, as I have enough to do on this side of the Atlantic.

My comments about Stingray products in commercial use are limited to the US and Canada.

I STILL find it ridiculous that a perfectly good product can't be used in public, ESPECIALLY when the venues pay their PRO fees. The royalties would still be getting paid.

_________________
I am the ONLY SANE 1 HERE


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am
Posts: 659
Location: Ocean County, Jersey Shore
Been Liked: 133 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
If Harrington gets wind of you using a SR song in your shows, he will sue you!!! That is a big no no!!


I'll note for the record that the poster appears to be in the UK. I don't know whether or not Stingray has different terms of use for UK users or whether or not UK law provides for a public performance license for such products. I'm not especially motivated to find out, as I have enough to do on this side of the Atlantic.

My comments about Stingray products in commercial use are limited to the US and Canada.

I STILL find it ridiculous that a perfectly good product can't be used in public, ESPECIALLY when the venues pay their PRO fees. The royalties would still be getting paid.

Especially when it would be paid for, through download, for example.

_________________
DJ Don


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 2912
Location: Pineville, NC
Been Liked: 975 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
I STILL find it ridiculous that a perfectly good product can't be used in public, ESPECIALLY when the venues pay their PRO fees. The royalties would still be getting paid.


Except that the entity that controls this (Stingray) isn't being paid a royalty. The PRO fees don't compensate the owner of the audiovisual work.

_________________
Since there has been some confusion:
1. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer. Statements I make here about legal issues are for informational purposes only.
2. I am an officer of Phoenix Entertainment Partners, but my opinions on matters not involving Phoenix's business are my own and may not reflect the opinions of the company.
3. If you have questions you'd like answered officially, you are welcome to email me at jim@phxep.com or send me a private message here.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:09 am 
Online
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 pm
Posts: 1895
Location: HIgh River, AB
Been Liked: 243 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
I STILL find it ridiculous that a perfectly good product can't be used in public, ESPECIALLY when the venues pay their PRO fees. The royalties would still be getting paid.


Except that the entity that controls this (Stingray) isn't being paid a royalty. The PRO fees don't compensate the owner of the audiovisual work.



But as you have stated yourself Jim, Karaoke has no performace right AND they have been compensated if the person bought the track in the first place.

Or maybe you are refering to the fact that the copyright to the music track belongs to Stingray and not the publishers like Sony etc?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alan B, jclaydon and 112 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech