KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Channel / Stingray on custom CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 pm
Posts: 288
Been Liked: 47 times
When I look at the two 4 foot shelves of karaoke disks, I feel fairly safe knowing I own them.
When I see EVERY (except 2) kj's around me with a laptop and soundchoice and KNOW (I ask) that they do not
own a single disk..........I feel like a blasted fool, and idiot, a patsy.
But...I'll keep it all legit anyway even though it's a losing battle.

_________________
Purple Frog Karaoke Cuz we all feel odd and love to "croak" :)


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 3283
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1428 times
I noticed that Stingray has some newer music available for download that SC did not create. Does SR produce music?

Screamer, owning your music is not being a "blasted fool, and idiot, a patsy".... it is having values and morals. Keep up doing the right thing, and fear not the overly inquisitive new singer.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:27 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1635
Images: 2
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada
Been Liked: 159 times
Stingray makes some pretty impressive karaoke video's and their player app is also pretty cool. Too bad they won't grant us the license to kj with any of their karaoke music / music videos. I've called quite a few times but keep getting same answers.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:55 am
Posts: 3836
Images: 0
Been Liked: 391 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Stingray makes some pretty impressive karaoke video's and their player app is also pretty cool. Too bad they won't grant us the license to kj with any of their karaoke music / music videos. I've called quite a few times but keep getting same answers.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous!!

_________________
I am the ONLY SANE 1 HERE


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 pm
Posts: 576
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Stingray sued anyone for using their tracks in a commercial environment? I've seen their stuff being used at karaoke shows before. Use them until you get a legal letter from their lawyers telling you not to. It will probably never happen and if it does; comply with it.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:34 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 4643
Location: Phoenix Az
Been Liked: 1051 times
As far as i understand, Jim is reporting to them when investigators see it happening.

_________________
Paradigm Karaoke, The New Standard.......Shift Happens


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 3011
Been Liked: 1003 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Has Stingray sued anyone for using their tracks in a commercial environment? I've seen their stuff being used at karaoke shows before. Use them until you get a legal letter from their lawyers telling you not to. It will probably never happen and if it does; comply with it.


"It's ok, just break the contract you agreed to until they catch you and tell you not to. That's the best way to do business. Integrity is for schmucks."


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:42 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 3427
Been Liked: 391 times
JimHarrington wrote:

"It's ok, just break the contract you agreed to until they catch you and tell you not to. That's the best way to do business. Integrity is for schmucks."



8) Isn't that the way society is going as a whole Jim? Not even the Social contracts made between the citizens and the government seem to matter nowadays. How many workers had contracts between themselves and large corporations that were not honored? Such as health care and pensions. Even Medicare and Social Security are in the sights of Conservative political hacks. This lack of Integrity is effecting aspect of daily life and even written contracts are not being honored. So who are the real schmucks? The guys who play by the rules and still get screwed. You know your former customers.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 3011
Been Liked: 1003 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
As far as i understand, Jim is reporting to them when investigators see it happening.


That is our policy; however, I will add that it is exceptionally rare to see such a track in our investigations.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 pm
Posts: 576
Been Liked: 108 times
How many times has Sound Choice only settled after they've been caught red handed? It's always easier to pay for forgiveness than permission. Right Jimmy?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 3011
Been Liked: 1003 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
How many times has Sound Choice only settled after they've been caught red handed? It's always easier to pay for forgiveness than permission. Right Jimmy?


Zero.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:55 am
Posts: 3836
Images: 0
Been Liked: 391 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
As far as i understand, Jim is reporting to them when investigators see it happening.


That is our policy; however, I will add that it is exceptionally rare to see such a track in our investigations.

One wonders what YOU get out of being a rat. Do they reward you?? Do you get a piece of the lawsuit?? I mean, what is your motivation for ratting peoplke out for using Stingray songs??

_________________
I am the ONLY SANE 1 HERE


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:00 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 3011
Been Liked: 1003 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
One wonders what YOU get out of being a rat. Do they reward you?? Do you get a piece of the lawsuit?? I mean, what is your motivation for ratting peoplke out for using Stingray songs??


I don't get anything out of it. It's just the right thing to do.

If your significant other were cheating on you, and a friend knew about it, wouldn't you want them to tell you?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:36 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am
Posts: 3427
Been Liked: 391 times
JimHarrington wrote:

I don't get anything out of it. It's just the right thing to do.

If your significant other were cheating on you, and a friend knew about it, wouldn't you want them to tell you?



8) That is assuming you still have some friends, and there wasn't a reason for the cheating? :roll: :roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 pm
Posts: 576
Been Liked: 108 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
How many times has Sound Choice only settled after they've been caught red handed? It's always easier to pay for forgiveness than permission. Right Jimmy?


Zero.

SC8125?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:26 am
Posts: 4742
Location: In your head rent-free
Been Liked: 504 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
How many times has Sound Choice only settled after they've been caught red handed? It's always easier to pay for forgiveness than permission. Right Jimmy?


Zero.

Wow... Now who's the liar?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm
Posts: 171
Been Liked: 26 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
One wonders what YOU get out of being a rat. Do they reward you?? Do you get a piece of the lawsuit?? I mean, what is your motivation for ratting peoplke out for using Stingray songs??


I don't get anything out of it. It's just the right thing to do.

If your significant other were cheating on you, and a friend knew about it, wouldn't you want them to tell you?


Sorry Jim, but if SC wanted to do the right thing then they'd work with the people who are trying to do the right thing by staying legal.

This metaphor would be closer if the significant other was not allow to have sex with you due to legal reasons, and the person who is breaking the news that you've been cheated on has been waving naked strippers in front of him or her in order to catch them in the act.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:55 pm
Posts: 4417
Location: New York City
Been Liked: 734 times
JimHarrington wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
One wonders what YOU get out of being a rat. Do they reward you?? Do you get a piece of the lawsuit?? I mean, what is your motivation for ratting peoplke out for using Stingray songs??


I don't get anything out of it. It's just the right thing to do.

If your significant other were cheating on you, and a friend knew about it, wouldn't you want them to tell you?


Very poor comparison, Jim...

Not for nothing, but..... I was in that situation where I told my Best Friend that her man was cheating on her when she was pregnant with his child. We didn't speak for years after that.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:40 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 pm
Posts: 576
Been Liked: 108 times
That's a situation where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If she found out at some point that her man was cheating and you knew it and didn't tell her; she'd be mad at you for not telling her. You can't win for losing sometimes. Jim sees everything through SlepTone colored glasses.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:59 am
Posts: 3011
Been Liked: 1003 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
SC8125?


Sorry if it bothers you, but the conventional wisdom on that one is wrong. We had permission to make that disc. That particular license agreement had a provision in it where the publisher could withdraw permission and we would be able to sell off existing stock but not make any new discs. They exercised that option, and we complied. 8125 isn't even rare (it actually sold more copies than a lot of discs that were on the market for longer).


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 100 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech