KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - 2017 Tony Awards ( Broadway ) and Karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:43 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
KV is able to get approvals for Broadway shows like Hamilton. It is strictly denied in the US. As the owners of the Pocket Songs library, we have tons of tracks that we can't get clearance for.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
KV has a page where you can check to see what songs are in the pipeline and I used to check it frequently. It was amazing to me how quickly every new Taylor Swift song would be on their TO-DO list. Every teen-ager must get on that site as soon as Taylor puts out a new album. Gemini must get everyone he knows to go there and vote for his Broadway requests as well. I look at it this way: They release about 5 to 10 songs per day from Monday to Friday. That comes out to anywhere between 100 to 200 songs per month or 25 to 50 songs per week. The few Show Tunes that they put out aren't going to affect me one way or another. I'm just glad that they only make a small amount of them; because every show tune they make takes the place of a "good" song that they could have made. They put out more foreign language songs than Broadway songs and I just ignore those as well. No big deal.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:30 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
What is trash to one is a 'good tune' to another. Do you ever scroll through the requested songs - those are what they look at. Go with the highest (most) requests first - and yeah I don't doubt that Taylor Swift was high up on that list.
Same with the killer vs filler argument on discs.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm sure that there are people who get all happy when they see a new song from Hamilton on the KV web site. I just think that there are a lot more people who start ordering other types of music when they show up on their web site. I'm sure that there is someone out there who gets excited when a French song shows up on the KV home page. Regardless of what songs they make; I'm glad they're in the business of making new karaoke music. I just wish that they did their graphics differently but I'll survive it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
French songs? Well they are based in France so i'd imagine they'd make French songs lol. They are worldwide. Broadway tunes may be highly requested in other parts of the world - who knows.
I personally love their graphics - especially the way they do duets.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Their graphics seem to be set up specifically for duets; even when the song is not a duet. They seem to keep the lyrics as two couplets on each page. When you import their lyrics into a program like CD+G Creator Pro and import the song lyrics; many of the lyrics come out terribly wrong. Entire lines of lyrics come out looking like this:;::::::..::::&%#;;;:::. That hardly ever happens when trying to edit any other brand of karaoke.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I prefer the line by line swiping method where the top line of the next page is already on the top of the screen while you're singing the bottom line of the current screen. It's just a preference of mine so I try to edit the songs that I like to sing in that format. I don't have any issues with the colors they use. Just the swipes.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
KV has a page where you can check to see what songs are in the pipeline and I used to check it frequently. It was amazing to me how quickly every new Taylor Swift song would be on their TO-DO list. Every teen-ager must get on that site as soon as Taylor puts out a new album. Gemini must get everyone he knows to go there and vote for his Broadway requests as well. I look at it this way: They release about 5 to 10 songs per day from Monday to Friday. That comes out to anywhere between 100 to 200 songs per month or 25 to 50 songs per week. The few Show Tunes that they put out aren't going to affect me one way or another. I'm just glad that they only make a small amount of them; because every show tune they make takes the place of a "good" song that they could have made. They put out more foreign language songs than Broadway songs and I just ignore those as well. No big deal.

Ok backup...first of all..no I don't get everyone I know to vote for the broadway stuff....matter of fact I don't know anyone personally on this site..
Second ...you comment about broadway taken the place of a good song...are you kidding me...honestly there are Broadway musicals I don't like...INTO THE WOODS is one but there are people out there that love this show..would I buy it yes..already have matter of fact...it not about me
Third ...as popular as Hamilton is now..wait till it goes on tour..next year..more people will see it and fall in love with it..and Im sure more requests will start appearing at karaoke shows.. Fact I hate hip hop and rap.....but they really out did themselves with this show..Hamilton is New York # 1 show right now...besides Cats which has recently returned to Broadway
As I told a dj a long time ago who is no longer in business...YOU CANT BUILD A SHOW ON WHAT YOU LIKE AND DONT LIKE...If I did that I would not be in business
With all of the artist against karaoke ( no fly list ) ..we as dj should support all genres being made regardless this includes broadway as well

Last edited by GeminiMALE40 on Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Please delete... question already answered. .

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

what is popular in New York City and or Hollywood(Hillary Clinton) doesn't always do well in the rest of the country.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
what is popular in New York City and or Hollywood(Hillary Clinton) doesn't always do well in the rest of the country.

Hold up... Seriously? WTF does politics have to do with karaoke, or for that matter how popular something is?

I gather KV is wasting their time and money with all the French tracks they produce because you personally aren't buying them, right? I will go out on a limb and say the REST of America doesn't have much interest in them as well. But yet, they make more French songs every week, so why do you think that is?

As for what you might consider a "good" song:
If by making a Taylor Swift song, they make a lot of money... then KV might be a huge fan of hers. They aren't concerned what you or I consider a "good" song, they just want to get the biggest bang for their buck.

Maybe you should consider getting a bunch of your friends together and up-vote what you consider "good". Seems you might be a little jealous that it works for Gemini and the "Hilary Clinton" places.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I always manage to find something to sing at any show I go to. I don't sing at my shows unless it's not that crowded. I don't sing show tunes or Taylor Swift songs but I do notice what songs are being produced. I certainly understand why a company that is based in France would make French songs for karaoke. They make a lot more French songs than Show Tunes and I'm fine with that. going back to their duets though; They should flip flop their color scheme and have the male and female colors print first and then change to a neutral color instead of both sets of lyrics starting out white and changing to pink and blue. You should know ahead of time if it's the male or the female part that is the next part to be sung.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Thank to Karaoke Version for putting out ....FOR FOREVER from the 2017 Broadway Musical..DEAR EVAN HANSEN..... Just downloaded it!!!!! YES!!!!

Attachments:
deh600.jpg
deh600.jpg [ 46.83 KiB | Viewed 26952 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Today karaoke version released 3 Broadway showtunes...2 from HAMILTON and 1 from 2017 AMELIE the musical.....THANK YOU KARAOKE VERSION WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:45 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

2017....... 71st Tony Award Sun June 11th 8/7c CBS
WATCH THE TONY AWARDS AND SEE WHO WINS THIS YEARS BEST MUSICALS AND PLAYS!!!!!

Attachments:
deh600.jpg
deh600.jpg [ 46.83 KiB | Viewed 25784 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

CONGRATS GOES OUT TO DEAR EVAN HANSEN FOR WINNING BEST MUSICAL!!!! SONGS FROM THIS SHOW ARE BEING RELEASED BY KARAOKE VERSION FOR THOSE INTERESTED!!!

Attachments:
deh600.jpg
deh600.jpg [ 46.83 KiB | Viewed 25507 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All one of you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:45 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Karaoke Croaker wrote:
All one of you.

I don't think so....lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:47 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

It was interesting to see that Karaoke version will be releasing songs from the Broadway musical "FIVE GUYS NAMED MOE"...I cant wait...YES!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
It was interesting to see that Karaoke version will be releasing songs from the Broadway musical "FIVE GUYS NAMED MOE"...I cant wait...YES!!!!!!

Five Guys make a nice burger too..