KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Anyone knows where to Repair LD Players ? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:54 pm 
Offline
Major Poster
Major Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:44 am
Posts: 98
Been Liked: 0 time
^^^^

Title says it all. All I know is Bayview Electronics went out of business..


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
Rev1274 wrote:
^^^^

Title says it all. All I know is Bayview Electronics went out of business..

That was my goto for years, they were only about 30 minutes from me. The guy that owned it had health issues. I do not know of any others currently.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:04 pm
Posts: 486
Been Liked: 99 times
Electronic repair shops are a dying breed here on the east coast.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
KaraokeIan wrote:
Electronic repair shops are a dying breed here on the east coast.

This guys shop was a little hole in the wall. I went in the back of it one time and he had literally THOUSANDS of players stacked everywhere from floor to ceiling - almost ALL of them Pioneer karaoke players of all makes and models and sorted by such. He kept everything he could for parts to repair other players he couldn't get parts for.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 pm
Posts: 557
Been Liked: 100 times
MOST OF THE LASER DISC TRACKS ARE ON THE INTERNET FOR ALL TO DOWNLOAD. If you already own the Laser Discs; you can just download those files and still be one to one as far as legality is concerned. Then you can play them from your computer and not have to lug around a Laser Disc player.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 am 
Online
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6410
Songs: 1
Location: Hollyweird, Ca.
Been Liked: 512 times
Lonman wrote:
KaraokeIan wrote:
Electronic repair shops are a dying breed here on the east coast.

This guys shop was a little hole in the wall. I went in the back of it one time and he had literally THOUSANDS of players stacked everywhere from floor to ceiling - almost ALL of them Pioneer karaoke players of all makes and models and sorted by such. He kept everything he could for parts to repair other players he couldn't get parts for.


The last Pioneer LD I had went in the recycle bin..


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:07 pm
Posts: 557
Been Liked: 100 times
Mine still works... it worked the last time i tried to see if it worked at least. It has to be close to 30 years old though. I wonder what someone would pay me for it? Could the Pioneer laser discs be collector's items by now?


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:58 am 
Offline
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:24 pm
Posts: 1879
Been Liked: 370 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Mine still works...

Who cares?
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
it worked the last time i tried to see if it worked at least.

Really, who cares?
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
It has to be close to 30 years old though.

What makes you think anyone cares about your 30 year old LD Player?
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I wonder what someone would pay me for it?

I would pay you to stop posting irrelevant dribble.
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
Could the Pioneer laser discs be collector's items by now?

You're too funny!

- Hello Karaoke Croaker! Hope you know I'm just having a little fun with you. LOL -


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Posts: 2879
Images: 1
Location: Florida
Been Liked: 1146 times
Sort of a quote from Croaker wrote:
Mine still works... it worked the last time i tried to see if it worked at least. It has to be close to 30 years old though.
Gotta find a woman.....Gotta find a woman :lol: Mine's a lot older that that and it still works ..... well at least the last time I tried it.


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech