KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - VOCOPRO DA-X10? If not ,what are alternatives? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
a big thing for me is the sweepable midrange.
there is no way to dial out the bad in a voice with a standard 2.5k midrange control. there can be a little harshness there, but the bigger issues are above or below that (200-600hz areas and 4-6k areas) that give it that dull, "karaoke" singing over a radio sound.
the sweepable mids let you find the bad freq and notch it out (i usually end up between 500-700hz depending on singer) and cut out most of the lows (a true baritone bottoms out at about 100hz, most low frequency shelfs are around 80hz so little is there that is mandatory).
to me, the extra $40 is worth it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:06 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
a big thing for me is the sweepable midrange.
there is no way to dial out the bad in a voice with a standard 2.5k midrange control. there can be a little harshness there, but the bigger issues are above or below that (200-600hz areas and 4-6k areas) that give it that dull, "karaoke" singing over a radio sound.
the sweepable mids let you find the bad freq and notch it out (i usually end up between 500-700hz depending on singer) and cut out most of the lows (a true baritone bottoms out at about 100hz, most low frequency shelfs are around 80hz so little is there that is mandatory).
to me, the extra $40 is worth it.

1222 has 7 band EQ with feed back detection , what do you think about this function?

https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-X1222U ... +behringer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:33 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

a 7 band is all but useless. to dial out feedback you need more bands than that.
feedback detection is nice but to use it you turn the system up until it feedsback then cut that frequency, but with a 7 band it's like trying to cut a small bad part from a steak with a chainsaw. you'll just hack up too much of the good for it to be really usable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
a 7 band is all but useless. to dial out feedback you need more bands than that.
feedback detection is nice but to use it you turn the system up until it feedsback then cut that frequency, but with a 7 band it's like trying to cut a small bad part from a steak with a chainsaw. you'll just hack up too much of the good for it to be really usable.

Thank you for help.
Do you think TC Helicon Voicelive processor would be a nice addition to it ? Or you see that as a toy
https://www.amazon.com/Helicon-Voice-Pl ... live+touch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
To answer your previous question, you only put effects on the vocals, not on the music.

For home use, I think the external effects processor is overkill. Also, when it's integrated into the mixing board, it's really just simple two knob operation, while it's a bit more involved to dial in the correct gain and saturation using the external effects. You can look at that as more control, if you are tech savvy, but it can easily become too many variables for a newbie and you may not even be able to use it without a bit of a learning curve. You will definitely be able to use the onboard effects right out of the box. They are simple.

I'd start with the onboard effects and see how you like them, then if you want to upgrade later, look into an external effects processor.

Oh, and I echo Yamaha over Behringer. Even if Behringer has made strides lately, which I would agree with, do you want the one with the LONGGGG track record of quality, or the one with the long track record of lower quality components that may have gotten it together recently?

Do you want the Kia or the Honda? You won't be disappointed with a Yamaha board for home use.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
I have no problem with using the latest generation of Behringer mixers. The problem I do have is that they no longer include the rack ears kit. They don't even include it as an option which is total stupidity. And that would be a deal breaker for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Alan, that is the "Q" series (and i agree...dumb as hell that there is no rack ear option) but the "X" series comes with rack ears.

also, i agree with Topher on the TC. it's a great unit, but it is a lot if you are not tech savy.
try the onboard first and if you really want to you can add it later, but don't dismiss the onboard effects.

and it;s funny he brings up Kia or Honda.
i have a Hyundai (Kis) and a Honda and the used Hyundai is more solidly built while the new Honda has more problems and not nearly as reliable. go figure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
You can change a Leopards spots......

I think you're being a little harsh but I think they've changed quite a bit in recent years. They offer the best bang for the buck. They're using good stuff as Paradigm Karaoke pointed out. But I'm sure that even if they made their mixers out of 24k gold, you would still not like them. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I think you're being a little harsh but I think they've changed quite a bit in recent years. They offer the best bang for the buck. They're using good stuff as Paradigm Karaoke pointed out.

Alan, does this mean you're changing mixers again, from your current Allen&Heath Zed60 14fx to Behringer? :shock: :)

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Lonman wrote:

I think you're being a little harsh but I think they've changed quite a bit in recent years. They offer the best bang for the buck. They're using good stuff as Paradigm Karaoke pointed out.

Alan, does this mean you're changing mixers again, from your current Allen&Heath Zed60 14fx to Behringer? :shock: :)

No, not at all Brian. But if I had to get another mixer, I certainly wouldn't rule them out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

An update . Got the behringer x1832usb. Will report later on it . Thank you for all your help. Now I need some cables . Can you , guys , give me advice on it . What brand to go with? Is 25 feet better than 50 because of lesser chance of distortion ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

i like to get 25ft cables. they can be chained together so if you need 50, you can just link 2 together, but only use one if 25 is enough (makes it universal for all venues).
Monoprice cables are actually really nice, or the Livewire advantage cables from Guitar Center are great cables with lifetime warranty. it goes bad, just walk in and walk out with a replacement.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Alan, that is the "Q" series (and i agree...dumb as hell that there is no rack ear option) but the "X" series comes with rack ears.

Yes, but it's the "Q" series that has the KLARK TEKNIK as well as all the other new stuff and improvements.