KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Keep Your Fork Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Keep Your Fork
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:55 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Woman and a Fork

There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live. So as she was getting her things "in order," she contacted her Pastor and had him come to her house to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes.

She told him which songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in.

Everything was in order and the Pastor was preparing to leave when the young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her.

"There's one more thing," she said excitedly.

"What's that?" came th e Pastor's reply.

"This is very important," the young woman continued. "I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand."

The Pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.

That surprises you, doesn't it?" the young woman asked.

"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request," said the Pastor.

The young woman explained. "My grandmother once told me this story, and from that time on I have always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement. In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming...like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with substance!'

So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder "What's with the fork?" Then I want you to tell them: "Keep your fork, the best is yet to come."

The Pastor's eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before her death. But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW that something better was coming.

At the funeral people were walking by the young woman's casket and they saw the cloak she was wearing and the fork placed in her right hand. Over and over, the Pastor heard the question, "What's with the fork?" And over and over he smiled.

During his message, the Pastor told the people of the conversation he had with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to her. He told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it either.

He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork let it remind you, ever so gently, that the best is yet to come. Friends are a very rare jewel , indeed, They make you smile and encourage you to succeed . They lend an ear, they share a word of praise , and they always want to open their hearts to us.

Show your friends how much you care. Remember to always be there for them, even when you need them more. For you never know when it may be their time to "Keep your fork."

Cherish the time you have , and the memories you share .
being friends with someone is not an opportunity but a sweet responsibility. :angel:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Keep Your Fork
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:30 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
I just want to see which of my friends will read this to the end.
Don't forget to copy and paste to your status.
Plus, you should like and share.

Actually, I just wanted to respond to the oldest unanswered post in the forum (well, not anymore).

Zombie thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I read it all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
If you don't like, share, copy and paste within 5 minutes, a kitten will die.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I hate cats.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I hate cats.

So, do you like fish sticks?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I like those little red Swedish fish.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 4
Been Liked: 431 times
I remember reading "Keep Your Fork" some years ago, and it had quite an impact upon me... but over time the memory fades, and I'd forgotten about it.

I'm glad the post has been resurrected, as I'd like to copy and paste it to my Facebook page. I'm sure it will bring comfort to some folks there who've recently experienced the loss of loved ones.

Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman]"Growing Old may be mandatory... but growing UP is still optional."[/font]