KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Builder Studio - fixed text problem Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
This software is driving me nuts. I have mastered most of the basics: entering the lyrics and music, synchronising them and producing an MP3 and CDG file. These play perfectly on Karafun and I am well chuffed. But I have a problem.
I can not figure out how to handle the FIXED TEXT function. At the appropriate point in the lyrics, I have inserted the words 'GUITAR SOLO'. I click the 'FIXED' button and sure enough, GUITAR SOLO appears on the screen. But it fades after a couple of seconds.
Can anyone tell me how to keep this text on the screen for the duration of the guitar solo?
Please, someone help me while I still have some hair left to pull out.

Last edited by jackadam on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:34 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
You still have to stretch the 'fixed text' to the appropriate length in editing.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:17 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 9 times
I almost never use 'Fixed Text' for a guitar solo or instrumental break or whatever. I just insert the text in the appropriate place as in the below example:

Sta/cy can't you see
You're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but
I'm in love with Sta/cy's mum

Guitar_Solo

Sta/cy’s mum has got it go/in’ on
She’s got it goin’ on
She's all I want
And I've wai/ted for so long
Waited and waited

And treat the 'Guitar_Solo' text as if was a piece of lyric. Hold down the space-bar at the start of the solo and release it at the end. That way the words Guitar Solo get wiped in real time. This way has the advantage that the singer knows exactly how long the solo lasts. Lately I've been setting the wipe colour for the instrumental breaks to the background colour (usually black). So the text is gradually obliterated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
when I get to a part of a song where there is no singing, I just put in some **** and use them as a count down to the ensuing vocals like the square blocks at the beginning of a Sound Choice track. No need for anything else for me. I can tell if it's a guitar solo when I'm listening to it. I've seen people use the Fixed feature to use the word spoken for when a part of the song is just talked instead of being sung. I just use a different color with the words in (words) in parenthesis to let me know they are to be spoken. I hardly ever use any punctuation in my home made tracks either unless there is a definite pause. Then I will use a comma and only then. A bunch of periods and commas on the screen looks like crap IMHO. Some folks that make home made tracks just grab lyrics from the internet and assume they are correct. Many times they are not. I always check a couple of lyric sites and give the song a good listen. Everyone has their own way of doing things when it comes to making karaoke tracks. Either way; it's a lot of fun to make them and sing them on karaoke night. I've seen many different "brands" of homemade karaoke and they run from terrible to fantastic. Some are better than many of the commercially made tracks. I use the line by line display instead of the page by page display method. I think it helps the singer to have the upcoming lyrics on the screen as soon as possible. The most important thing is for it to be fun. The more songs you make; the better they get and the faster you get them done. Enjoy the learning curve and use the best backing tracks that you can find. Trying to remove vocals from the original track hardly ever results in a good sounding karaoke track but every now and then it comes out sounding really well with the original singer sounding like a background singer.

All that being said; I prefer using "Karaoke CD+G Creator" over "Karaoke Builder Studio", especially if it's a faster song where the lyrics have to swipe quickly.