KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - anyone 'invented'/ reinventing something new via karaoke..? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:17 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Let's see... karaoke promotions. We have some nights where we want to mix it up, here is a list of things I've done:

Wheel of death... I bought a prize wheel some time back. We make a theme night (like 70's) and make about 40 slips for it. Singers who wish to participate (all of my promos are ALWAYS an option), spin the wheel and sing whatever song at stops at, regardless if they know it or not. The singer gets a $1 store prize for playing. Much easier now then when we used CDs ;)

Name that tune... This one requires a little work on your end. Take 15 songs, put them in groups of 5 and use an MP3 editor to snip songs into 5, 3, and 1 seconds. Play the "track" and let people write down the answers. Fastest correct player wins some drinks at the bar. Bonus/tie-breaker points can be made with a theme (The color red, say) and over all (Red, car, royalty = "Little Red Corvette" by Prince). BTW making it hard is the POINT :)

Easter egg "hunt": Around Easter we have a large basket that we fill up with eggs. Each filled with some candy, and a fortune cookie type slip printed on one side with a random song (Try me: Singer-Artist-Song number) and on the other side, silly fortunes OR a notice they won a prize (free drink, etc.) Singers get one after every turn and we have a bucket that they can drop the egg shells in for re-use after they get the goodies. (Can be done for Halloween (Devil'd eggs) too)

Themed nights... We take them a little further, we made mini songbooks (letter sized on its side gets you 4 pages, staple the middle different color outer "cover") with songs, plus some trivia and news of the day, etc. in a little booklet that we gave out. We encourage people to dress up and asked the bar to make themed cocktails.

We also let people bring a guitar if they want to play it, but the rule is it needs to be set up and ready to go on your turn. One preset pedal, and the guitar already in tune is the LAW. I have a guitar cable on stage that they plug into. We usually get them going in about the time a splash screen runs (8-10 seconds). While most play solo, we can run the karaoke track along if they want, but then that means they have to stick with the track. For the record, I did have one guy bring a keyboard once. That was kinda cool.

"Be the KJ"... This is more of an online/facbook thing... As every KJ who uses slips knows, we get some that are kind of hard to read. We take pictures of those and post online at random times during the week. First person who correctly guesses it gets a free drink next time we see them. (No you cannot win on your own slip).

That's some of the stuff we do to mix it up. Hope it helps!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
"Be the KJ"... This is more of an online/facebook thing... As every KJ who uses slips knows, we get some that are kind of hard to read. We take pictures of those and post online at random times during the week. First person who correctly guesses it gets a free drink next time we see them. (No you cannot win on your own slip).

This I really like! It makes people want to open and read my emails I send out. :D

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:59 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
Let's see... karaoke promotions. We have some nights where we want to mix it up, here is a list of things I've done:

I think I would genuinely love your show.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:18 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
mrmarog wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
"Be the KJ"... This is more of an online/facebook thing... As every KJ who uses slips knows, we get some that are kind of hard to read. We take pictures of those and post online at random times during the week. First person who correctly guesses it gets a free drink next time we see them. (No you cannot win on your own slip).

This I really like! It makes people want to open and read my emails I send out. :D

It gets a lot of likes, and people really try to figure it out! I almost wish I had more of them to share! :lol:

Feel free to use it of course :D

@ NoShameKaraoke: I'll PM you where I am if you like. If your ever in my neck of the woods, you are always welcome to stop by :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:56 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
@ NoShameKaraoke: I'll PM you where I am if you like. If your ever in my neck of the woods, you are always welcome to stop by :)

Oh yeah, definitely. Karaoke is, not surprisingly, one of the things I'm always looking for when I travel.