KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Know Nothing About Karaoke But Looking to Have Fun Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:48 pm 

Been Liked: 2 times
I have done karaoke once in my life and after I got over the initial fear I really enjoyed it. My fiance and I love to sing together and we have talked about dong karaoke at home. I really know nothing about karaoke other than to hold the mike. However, her birthday is coming up and I thought it would be fun if we could get some kind of a system that will allow us to play at home. I've got a great stereo system and flat screen tv so, it seems that if I could get the karaoke device (I'm sure there is a technical name for that device so please excuse my ignorance), some sort of a starter kit if you will, then, we could make a go of it. I read some of the posts and I see that most of the folks want to do this as a business and spend tens of thousands of dollars. I am looking for something simple and cheap and just want to have some fun with my gal. Is that possible? Can someone give me some guidance please.
Thanks.

Last edited by johnsmith on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Well it's possible. You can use your computer and a free hosting program called Karafun from www.karafun.com with the home subscription of $ about $10 per month gives you access to 20K+ songs via streaming so internet will be required.
Home stereo bad idea - more often than not people end up blowing their speakers since they are really not designed for live vocals. A small dedicated PA system would be ideal. Not hard to learn. Figure maybe $500-1000 for a very basic to somewhat decent system.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Why does John Smith's OP sound exactly like this topic thread opened by Jack Adam????

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36849

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:37 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Cue, I would say that it is the same OP.

When singsong chimed in about smoking (which is his ONLY contribution on any topic) the discussion went way astray, and never returned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
I agree, same op. Maybe, with his best of intentions, he would like to continue the topic of conversation hoping not to go wayward again. Out of 11 replies, there were only 4 posts specifically answered the question. That said, bwriter’s link has good and helpful info.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:36 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
No this is like the 2nd or 3rd post this week that was pointed out that copied and pasted an old post. I think it's a new way to get by the forum filter for posting requirements or something.