KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Proburn Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Proburn
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:53 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 38 times
Does anyone know the deal with Proburn? Their website http://proburn.com is inaccessable ("Down for maintenance") and has been for quite some time now. http://proburn-karaoke.co.uk is completely dead. Prior to the blocking of the website they had removed all the titles from their catalogue except for Easy Karaoke and Music Maestro (rebranded as EK). So with this in mind, is there anywhere left to get DK tracks. Tricerasoft used to have them, but they seem to be a-goner too.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Proburn
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
DK does not have any legal downloads anywhere. Tricerasoft was not legally doing it nor was Proburn. no place buy ebay to find discs for them unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) You can buy Millennium SCDG's still they are DK with a few extra songs for good measure. I picked up a set of them for less than $40.00 on amazon. That was a few months back. You need to get the converter software from Roxbox to delete the lead vocals, once that is done you can download them on your PC. A cheap way to get 1815 songs, that are protected under the SCDG trademark. It's interesting to me that with all the brands out here people still want DK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) You can buy Millennium SCDG's still they are DK with a few extra songs for good measure. I picked up a set of them for less than $40.00 on amazon. That was a few months back. You need to get the converter software from Roxbox to delete the lead vocals, once that is done you can download them on your PC. A cheap way to get 1810 songs, that are protected under the SCDG trademark. It's interesting to me that with all the brands out here people still want DK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just yesterday I had one of my singers request a list of ONLY DK songs that I have. DK is still very desirable amongst my singers. I own all of the DK1-99 and the DK1000, DK2000, and DK3000 discs, plus a lot of DKUSA.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I to have the 1-99 still in their white cloth protectors and the full 1100 series. People still want to sing them. I also have some UK DK.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
It's interesting to me that with all the brands out here people still want DK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There are some songs that I still prefer to sing from DK.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
People have been singing to DK tracks for about 20 years. People like what they are comfortable with. It's that simple. Many of the DK tracks were recorded with the key lowered a bit to help out the average singer with a lower range. If you're used to singing a song on a DK track and the KJ gives you the same song from a SC disc, you may have a hard time hitting the higher notes in the song.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:42 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thank you for your replies. It's a subjective thing. Like all brands, DK released some titles that no-one else did. I also think they put out the best version of "Fool such as I" - Music Maestro are usually the Rolls Royce of Elvis karaoke, but their version of that was not great, and even the Zoom version doesn't quite stand up to the DK one. I am very glad I got a Proburn order in just before they were pulled, including a DK song I could not find on any other label Guantanamera by the Sandpapers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:42 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Sandpipers...