KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Program reviews? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Program reviews?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
DannyG2006 wrote:
With the ability to tell me when their turn comes up that they have no song in, I don't have to rush around doing all the other stuff that I do without having to remember to ask for a song in enough time to enter it in before the rotation passes their turn.
Is that it? That is your biggest concern?

Yes, CompuHost does not "alert" you if a singer already in the rotation doesn't have a song in. However, any good host will already know that if you're on top of the rotation. All you have to do is move the mouse over each singers name to see who needs to turn in a song. No big deal. When I see that someone doesn't have a song turned in, I'll either announce that I need a song from them or go ask them personally.

There are many reasons why someone may not have turned in any more songs. It's your job as a host to control the show. As far as Siglos goes, I'm not putting it down in any way. I tried it. And yes, IMO, CompuHost is way better. It's an all in one solution with a great modern interface, where Siglos looks like it's still back in the Windows 98 days.

Anyway, I'm so glad that you are happy. That's all that matters. Just because someone uses inferior equipment doesn't mean that they can't get the job done. :D

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
That's the thing, with Siglos I don't have to look to see who has a song in or not and having to chase that person down to get their request, Siglos does it for me making my life easier and the easier the job is the better. Isn't making things easier for you part of the reason that you went digital or am I missing something? Any tool that makes it easier, does its job and costs less is what I am after. I would gladly take a feature that allows me to do my job better than one that just has a better looking interface that you can't adjust to your liking. I can put the rotation list wherever I want to on the screen. You can not do that with CompuHost. Siglos is a lot more flexible than CompuHost. I used to not like the interface of Siglos until I really played around with the demo. It wasn't the rotation feature that got me to play around with it one night but it was the rotation feature that sold me on it. I had a lot less work when importing the database because most of my songs have tags on them. The ones that didn't have tags went through a second filter before getting put in the database. I entered the songs by folder and once I did the folder, I searched the database for errors and edited them as I went along. I found that it was easy to do because there was so few that I had to edit. It went much faster than with CompuHost. Also for those who prefer playlist over rotation, it has that option to. I personally prefer the rotation view. Makes for less work for me in the long run. It's not that I am lazy, I don't think that anything you do has to be harder than it has to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
Just because someone uses inferior equipment doesn't mean that they can't get the job done. :D

you have yet to show Siglos as inferior, how Compuhost is "way better". you made the claim, not me, not DannyG, you did.
how is Siglos inferior?
what is it lacking?
How is Compuhost "way better"?

Siglos does everything Compuhost does, plus graphics upgrades, Siglos will search a live folder and import any new songs just by starting Siglos, windows are scalable and movable to customize the layout as i want, each singer can have their own custom announcement screen (they LOVE it when i make them a screen) i have posted pics of these before here, complete customization of the generic announcement screen for each venue (completely, including moving or eliminating any of the text), the quick sounds (like the CH audio bits) are unlimited and include unlimited videos as well of unlimited size and format, calculating actual time for upcoming singers, not just some average performance time...

again, this is not to dog Compuhost, it has been around for a long time for a reason, it's solid and has lots of great features, i'm not disputing that, i'm tryinh to find out why you say it has more than Siglos. i'm always up for better, but using it i have not seen these things.