KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Chartbuster series timeline/history???? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:39 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
Anyone know when the E450 vol 6 and e450 vol 10 were released?
If I were to pick up where either left off for country music only, which series should I consider or just the 2010, 2012 country hits packs?
Not sure if I want to pick up e7 e8 e9 e10 or just the country cd's only. ( I guess 5000 series?)
A time line of when each series ended would be handy so one can figure out how best to fill with other brands for the newer stuff.
Thanks

Maybe a brand history sticky might work somewhere??

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
are you collecting for the sake of collecting?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:04 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
I picked up the original Chartbuster SD cards 1-10 for $800 on ebay. I did notice ebay Sellers have a couple more sets listed around same price. When it comes to country music, I must agree that Chartbusters makes some very nice country tracks.
Attachment:
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG [ 161.39 KiB | Viewed 16374 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:35 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
are you collecting for the sake of collecting?

Only really good Rock/Metal/Punk/New wave stuff, that's not on SC.
I did buy the PHM Millenium set just cuz it was rather nice. :)
I am picky on the rock n pop stuff as if the bkg vox are not there (or bad) I replace it.
---------------------------

I thought having all the available required CB country would be wise as it's a brand they like.
I'm working backwards on the Singers Solution disks to hopefully meet up with the CB series.
I don't know where to stop with SSC. Looks like the latest CB disk I see is Country hits Feb 2012, CB60476. Either I buy the rest of the 450 sets, or pick up from E6 from xxx date to 2012, country only. I have a few of the 5000 series artist packs but not sure If I should buy more as I'm not a country guy at all. My fear is that all the e450 came out in 2010, are all mixed (year wise) and therefore I would need to finish the set and call my CB selection done after picking up from 2010-2012 country hits only. With the UK sites blocked, this seems wise to build a solid base in CB disks for country.
Remember, unlike many of you, I started building a collection only 2 years ago not counting the buyout stuff I forgot I bought in 2009 and had to replace most of anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:47 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

i don't have an answer to your OP, but my :2cents: is slow down and let your singers tell you what they want.
what songs are they asking you for that you don't have?
use that as your way to not waste money on tons of discs that will not get used.
building a library of songs your people ask for, building around your own singers, will save you massive amounts of money and it is not the size of the library, having a smaller library but full of the songs they want will win over a larger library of "stuff".
how many tracks are you currently sitting at?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:23 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
I agree with Paradigm. I don't get many requests for old country but the new country is hopping in the karaoke industry with tracks from: Taylor Swift, Zac Brown band, Florida Georgia line, Little big town just to name a few.

Don't settle for unwanted Tracks just because they are on sale. Buy what is "hot"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:39 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Around 20k including almost 3k latin and some Christmas. Still filtering out dupes and re ripping new stuff.
Certain styles I wanted to have a good selection of included show tunes ( we have 2 theater groups in town that like to sing karaoke and they have used a lot of what I had bought) , 80's/90's new wave, rock, metal, and dance, the fun stuff. I've also been collecting any punk and really hard metal as we do have a big closet headbanger crowd.
I have not concentrated much on country other than what I had in PHMN THMC CBe450 and SSC and a couple of CB 5000 artist sets (like Merle Haggard etc) that got requested a lot.

I'm not gigging at the moment, just trying to pre prep the basic country foundations before I try to go out against the $50.00 a night illegals again. Perhaps just the CB 100 hits annual sets I don't have and call it a day? I DO plan on buying downloads for the rest. :wink:
Also If I am in a place with crappy wifi (MANY!! especially in the mountains), I know I'll have enough to choose from. I do not like my KJ machine connected to the web during a gig anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

you are already beyond me, i have just over 15k with dupes and run 5 nights

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I just hit the 20K mark (no dups) since 92. Remember starting out with approx 1500 tracks back then lol.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:28 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Not trying to have the biggest library, Just a well rounded one.. I keep finding stuff I know is good or want in the library (But I'm an Idiot when it comes to country and rap), then wind up grabbing disk lots that contain other stuff along with what I needed that I didn't know I didn't have. It added up quick! Some of it is crap that I plan on filtering out.
I have CB 2008,2009, 2011 best country hits.... think I'll grab the 2010 and back fill SSC country down to ssc415. Then call it a day on country and fill in with download requests as I go. I wanted a good solid spread from 1920's through now.
I see it as kinda like prepping my tools for a job when I realize I don't have a full set of metric sockets. :roll:
FYI the SCDGs and the 100 packs add up really quick. That's about 13k right there.

Merry Xmas and Happy holidays to all, except Grumpy cat :D

Lon: I didn't know that there were even that many back then!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:34 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Anymore, we all have access to what everyone else has provided one agrees with downloading tracks.

So when I am asked "How many tracks do you have?" I respond with......."All of them".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:07 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
screamersusa wrote:

Lon: I didn't know that there were even that many back then!

There were actually more than that, this was just the Pioneer laser discs. DK was out about the same time and had many songs not on Pioneer. There were probably close to 2500 songs in around 92-93 just in the laser disc and DK libraries alone (although maybe had some dups counted). It soon exploded afterward when the cdg market exploded with manufacturers.