KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Managers and bar owners... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:56 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
The managers are as worthless as the owners...

Tonight I asked the manager if they wanted to do karaoke on New Years Eve because it falls on my night.

I told him I need to know so I can print my calender and hand it out since we are at the end of the month. He said he would ask the owner. I asked him if he could call him now or give me his phone number so I could talk to him. He said he would call him now......He was probably trying to protect the owner from me bothering him. The manager probably wanted to not look like an IDIOT to the owner and to show him he could handle things....

I'm waiting....
I need to know one way or the other because I DON'T DJ and if they want a DJ for NEW YEARS they better get one...and I really don't want to work it anyway...

I'm still waiting....

Later I told him there were no paper towels in the mens room. OK he said...2 hours later still no paper towels in the mens room. I told an employee and he took care of it.

Yea..I know the manager might be busy with other things...but sometimes there are other things that are just as important.

{edited to delete SPAM links}

Last edited by adamjohnson on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:16 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Just approach the manager and say. "Even though my karaoke night falls under New years eve, I still charge $350.00" or will not be setting up that night.

And be done with it.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Just approach the manager and say. "Even though my karaoke night falls under New years eve, I still charge $350.00" or will not be setting up that night.

And be done with it.

I agree!

but I also let them know when I take a gig that if the holiday's like Halloween, 4th of july & new years fall on my karaoke night it's an additional fee or I don't setup. just so it's clear and I'm not committed to those nights. I like to go out myself on some occasions!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times
Since you don't want to work that night, I suggest you don't just drop it in their laps to deal with on their own, or they may stumble upon your replacement while looking for a DJ.
Be helpful in finding a substitute for the night if you have the ability. Managers and bar owners hate extra work.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile