KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sometimes getting excited is over-rated Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:47 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
So a couple of weeks ago I order the bonus 3 dics for the GEM set. After a shipping delay that was my fault, they finally arrived yesterday *Wednesday*. I have to admit, i was pretty excited because a cursory glance revealed that only 10 of the songs listed were songs that I already had.

Of course since the original concept of the GEM series was to have a set of songs with NO dupicates i had never bothered to check the titles against the original GEM series..

Turns out there is a duplicate track on the bonus disc: Crawling by Linkin Park. I am really ticked off, but not enough to return the discs.

So once again the best you can say now is that the GEM set has the fewest number of repeats in a series *of course they were 3 tracks shy of that being true originally but anyone could make a small oversite like that, you think there would have been a little more scrutiny for a set that was planned for as a celebration for the original GEM release*

oh well

-James

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Why don't you hold GEM's feet to the fire and accuse them of false advertising? If you were told the tracks would be original and they weren't you didn't get everything you paid for. If this was any other transaction wouldn't you feel that you got the short end of the stick?
The very least they could do is give you a refund for the tracks you didn't get, or give you free tracks on the next purchase, a discount. Most reputable companies try to make it right with the customer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Why don't you hold GEM's feet to the fire and accuse them of false advertising? If you were told the tracks would be original and they weren't you didn't get everything you paid for. If this was any other transaction wouldn't you feel that you got the short end of the stick?
The very least they could do is give you a refund for the tracks you didn't get, or give you free tracks on the next purchase, a discount. Most reputable companies try to make it right with the customer.

Believe me, if they ever produce any new music, I will be asking for credits. At the moment there is no point in making a big stink because there isn't anything they can do about it unless i returned the discs and asked for a full reund, which I am not willing to do.

I'm not usually one to make waves over things that go wrong, it doesn't matter who the company is, to me it's just not worth the extra stress and hassle.

Mostly I just wanted to see if Mr. Harrington had a comment or reasonable explanation.

I will probably let Brian know, just in case they were unaware.

over all, I got a pretty decent selection of usable songs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) It might not be a big deal if it wasn't PEP involved. I know the first thing that is going to be said by the other side is it's just me because I have a personal problem with the company. It's just that PEP wants to hold the KS's to such a high standard, then when it comes to having dealings with them, the standards aren't so high. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:22 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) It might not be a big deal if it wasn't PEP involved. I know the first thing that is going to be said by the other side is it's just me because I have a personal problem with the company. It's just that PEP wants to hold the KS's to such a high standard, then when it comes to having dealings with them, the standards aren't so high. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Of all the things one might raise a stink about regarding PEP, one duplicate track out of over 6000 seems pretty silly to me.

So yeah, I would absolutely say that in your case (Lone Ranger) it would be because you have a personal issue with PEP.

Double Standards? again......1/6000+. That is a pretty good QA by anyone's standards (except yours?).

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) Which goes to show Chris no one is perfect, all have come up short at one time or another, even PEP. The way I read the post there were 10 dupes plus the one, that's eleven, isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:58 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

chrisavis wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

Of all the things one might raise a stink about regarding PEP, one duplicate track out of over 6000 seems pretty silly to me.

So yeah, I would absolutely say that in your case (Lone Ranger) it would be because you have a personal issue with PEP.

Double Standards? again......1/6000+. That is a pretty good QA by anyone's standards (except yours?).

Actually the full original GEM set has 3 duplicates. The duplicate I mentioned comes from the bonus set of 3 discs, of 76 (i think) songs so that brings the total to 4 songs out of 6,076 songs. Still quite an achievement given the duplication that occurs in other core sets.

However, that wasn't my point. My point is that these bonus discs were planned as a 'special event' as it were and therefore more effort should have gone into making sure that the songs didn't duplicate any in the original GEM.

Like i said before, if PEP starts making tracks again, i will ask for credits but until then, as I said I am not going to make a federal case of it.

-James

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
jclaydon wrote:
Actually the full original GEM set has 3 duplicates. The duplicate I mentioned comes from the bonus set of 3 discs, of 76 (i think) songs so that brings the total to 4 songs out of 6,076 songs. Still quite an achievement given the duplication that occurs in other core sets.

Are you sure about there being 3 actual duplicates in the original GEM set? I'm aware of one, but I believe that's the same song in different keys.

jclaydon wrote:
However, that wasn't my point. My point is that these bonus discs were planned as a 'special event' as it were and therefore more effort should have gone into making sure that the songs didn't duplicate any in the original GEM.

For the record, the bonus discs were made at the same time as the original discs. We simply held them back until around this time last year.

jclaydon wrote:
Like i said before, if PEP starts making tracks again, i will ask for credits but until then, as I said I am not going to make a federal case of it.

I sent you an email, to which you can respond at your leisure.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:38 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

JimHarrington wrote:
jclaydon wrote:

Are you sure about there being 3 actual duplicates in the original GEM set? I'm aware of one, but I believe that's the same song in different keys.

jclaydon wrote:

For the record, the bonus discs were made at the same time as the original discs. We simply held them back until around this time last year.

jclaydon wrote:

I sent you an email, to which you can respond at your leisure.

About the duplicates Jim.. Yes I am reasonably certain, I posted a whole message about it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31908&p=401180&hilit=GEM+duplicate#p401180
when I first got my GEM series AND I sent an email to Brian about it, just as a heads up kind of thing.

As for the discs being made at the same time. Ya of course that makes sense, so I can see how it could get overlooked now. Should have thought about it more. lol.

thanks for the reply, that's mostly what I was looking for

-James

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
jclaydon wrote:
About the duplicates Jim.. Yes I am reasonably certain, I posted a whole message about it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31908&p=401180&hilit=GEM+duplicate#p401180
when I first got my GEM series AND I sent an email to Brian about it, just as a heads up kind of thing.

As for the discs being made at the same time. Ya of course that makes sense, so I can see how it could get overlooked now. Should have thought about it more. lol.

-James
That's mostly what you were looking for or what you mostly expected to hear?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:55 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

mrmarog wrote:
jclaydon wrote:

-James
That's mostly what you were looking for or what you mostly expected to hear?

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B. The main thing is that Jim apologized and we're working it out. I was upset, and now I'm not.

-James