KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Smart way to build up a library Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:44 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Just an FYI, if you are using Compuhost to run your shows you can download and import tracks while your show is running. It is a lot of steps but can be done. When downloading you need to give the file the proper naming format so Compuhost will import it. Then, the most crucial step, never import the saved file into Compuhost while a karaoke song is playing, wait until you are on filler tunes player and then import it in. Should work fine, I've been doing it for years. KJ Media pro was great, but I am out of credits and they are not selling more. Hopefully it is an option for you because then you can buy as needed by request.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
I just use the search and drag dialogue.

Once the filename is formatted and the file placed in it's directory, I search for it by key word and then click "ADD" and enter the data & save. Drag the file to the singer's queue and done.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
live folders are a godsend.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
How it works for FGP......

I receive a text with a song request and a bar location
I find, buy, download, rename the track to my standard.
I drop the file into a OneDrive folder that syncs to the karaoke laptop of the bar where the singer is at.
I text back the track is available.
The host on site simply updates the Karma database which is 3 clicks and about 60 secs of wait time.

Done.

I can do this from anywhere I have an Internet connection.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
chrisavis wrote:

I drop the file into a OneDrive folder that syncs to the karaoke laptop of the bar where the singer is at.
The host on site simply updates the Karma database which is 3 clicks and about 60 secs of wait time.

Done.

I don't like rebuilding the media database during a show.

I currently -
Download and rename the new file to my desired format DiscID-Track - Artist - Title
Place it in a 2016 sub folder on my karaoke drive.

Click the Playlist dropdown menu button
Nav to the 2016 folder
Double click the file
File is now in the playlist
Select the file in the playlist
Hold left mouse button down and drag the song up to the desired singer in the singer list and drop it on the singer's name.
If the singer already has one or more songs que'd up in the playlist and wants to do the new one next you will have to double click the singer and move the song to the top in his que'd list.

Song is now set and ready to go for the singer.

This method gets the new song into the show without having to do a media database rebuild but it does have 3 drawbacks.

1) the entire filename is placed in the title field

2) The singer doesn't get credit in singer history for the song because it is not in the media database.

3) Since it does not get added to singer's history, you, or the singer will have to look it up again next time.

Once the night has finished I do one media database rebuild while I'm breaking down the equipment and all the new songs are now in the database and correctly named.

One of the improvements I suggested to Bob back before he started biting off heads was to do a filename check when you manually added a media file and parse it only if matches a chosen predefined naming convention. If it's a match it would then be added immediately to the media database without having to do a complete rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:

Done.

i have the hosts set up to buy songs on the fly, but the rest is similar.
it goes right into the download folder for them to play immediately, or i can edit it at home (using a cloud system like you do) and it updates automatically for them. this way allows the host to get a song and play it in under a minute or so depending on the internet speed. but i have fallen in love with cloud synced folders and Dropit to shuffle files around automatically.
so do you have your entire music drive synced in OneDrive or just a "new downloads" folder?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i have the hosts set up to buy songs on the fly, but the rest is similar.
it goes right into the download folder for them to play immediately, or i can edit it at home (using a cloud system like you do) and it updates automatically for them. this way allows the host to get a song and play it in under a minute or so depending on the internet speed. but i have fallen in love with cloud synced folders and Dropit to shuffle files around automatically.
so do you have your entire music drive synced in OneDrive or just a "new downloads" folder?

Just new music buys.

Putting multiple large libraries up would be cumbersome even if it does provide for some backup. I have thought about it, but just have not justified the time and energy yet.

Plus, there are restrictions on the SC library that don't allow any of that content to be synced in this fashion so I would still have to maintain the libraries in multiple locations.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:31 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

yes, they need to be kept separate, i have a cloud for each rig, and one main one that has access to all of them . i was looking into just building my own home servers for this (not to stream or share files as much as instantly backup everything just in case.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:37 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Why not simplify and get rid of internet alltogether.

The Apple base station has an internal 2tb hard drive with built in wireless router. Why not just create a karaoke folder in the base station then connect wirelessly to your laptop and kiosk. (No internet needed)

Open your favourite karaoke software and import the karaoke folder from basestation.

Do same with kiosk.

Just a suggestion. The Apple Base station is your cloud.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:08 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Why not simplify and get rid of internet alltogether.

The Apple base station has an internal 2tb hard drive with built in wireless router. Why not just create a karaoke folder in the base station then connect wirelessly to your laptop and kiosk. (No internet needed)

Open your favourite karaoke software and import the karaoke folder from basestation.

Do same with kiosk.

Just a suggestion. The Apple Base station is your cloud.

first...it's apple, not the most karaoke friendly platform out there.
second, it's apple and costs three times more than a better solution
third, you have no idea what we are discussing based on the fact that your suggestion (again) does not do what we are discussing (much like suggesting someone plug into the red and white audio outs after they explicitly say the only outs are optical)
having the karaoke folder on a separate outboard hard drive adds another point of failure, it being wireless adds yet another
fourth, we are discussing having a floating backup in cloud space, kiosk has nothing to do with this.