KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Toronto Karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Toronto Karaoke
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:21 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
Greetings all. Haven't been here for awhile, keeping busy getting settled in and riding my bike like a mad man as Mr. Scott knows.

Been to quite a few shows in the city now, really not much difference that I've seen in music played and requested from the states. I've seen crapaoke and great shows. Great hosts and hosts without a clue on how to handle any part of a show.

I've already aligned myself with one of the most well known hosts in the city to back me up when I can't do a gig, in fact I have a few hosts that will back me up so I know the show will go on and the peeps will still be happy.

Didn't really press for a gig for awhile (moved here in March from Iowa) but now I'm starting. I have one weekly on Saturday, working on a possible Friday gig and I'm heading downtown tomorrow via the Bike Share program (of which I am one of 12 committee members) to promote myself to bars in that area.

I have yet to run into one host that is aware of the pirating issue. Have had no complaints about my little 11,000 song library and customers know I will try to get a song for them if they want. I'm still pissed about the whole KJMP thing and how I lost $600 when my 'puter crashed. Been thinking about doing a small painting on the side of the hd and hanging it on the wall since it's full of CB music but totally useless to me at this point.

I had my first request to play a customer disk Saturday of which now I am able to oblige. I am known to costume myself at some of my shows (king outfit for my KingBing business name, disco outfit, superman outfit) and starting to get a reputation for a lively show.

Hope to stop by Julie or Chip's show one of these days now that I'm just a few hours away, love to meet other hosts from the forum.

Not much else to report for now, will stop by from time to time, main thing I need now is to keep up on the best/most economical (prefer downloads nowadays) resources for new and old karaoke music.

Stay gold Ponyboy!

i

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Toronto Karaoke
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Welcome. I am in Toronto quite a bit in the off season attending and supporting karaoke bars. Let me know if you ever get stuck, i've got you covered.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile