KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Busy Karaoke Season Is Just Around The Corner Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
mrmarog, my wife & I enjoyed your visit & pleased to know that you & your family had a great time. Thank you for your kind words and feedback. I’d like to mention - my regulars told me they’ve enjoyed listening to you and Margo’s singing. Great stage presence & impressive vocal ranges. I wholeheartedly agree! Both of you can really sing!

Thanks again for taking the time out of your busy schedule to come to my show. Until next time…. Fare thee well - safe travels.
Attachment:
RogerMargoBrian.png
RogerMargoBrian.png [ 1.2 MiB | Viewed 29571 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:50 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Thank you too Brian. I will guarantee you another visit in the future. I doubt that it will be in my RV again. Thirty three hundred miles (one way) is a long drive.

We are currently sitting 3 hundred yards from Lake Mead (Hoover Dam) with only grass between us and the unbelievably beautiful water of the lake. The RV park is very nice and highly recommended. Tomorrow we tour Hoover Dam.

Then off to Zion and Bryce National parks Utah. BTW we are averaging 15 MPG :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

We made it home safely and traveled 7066 miles. We learned many things about RV'ing along the way and our next trip will be even better. A major discovery was how badly we were out of shape. Climbing steep slopes in 9000 ft elevations is hard work for "flat landers" :D

I went to my venue on Wednesday and found a very large enthusiastic crowd, Busy season has arrived!

Attachments:
Man And Dog.JPG
Man And Dog.JPG [ 296.34 KiB | Viewed 29479 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:19 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
nice!!

thanks for the pics

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
This is just.....AWESOME!!!!!!..........Yes, I am very, very jealous.......:)
ps........any more pics of you guys and Brian's guys......videos?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

johnny reverb wrote:

I think Brian's wife, Pam, took a couple of videos. We are hoping to see them too. Johnny, I know you have been to several KS members show, but I would strongly suggest a stop at Brian's show.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:41 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog & johnny: I wish I could post more pics & vids but late that evening my wife was taking pictures; a wild dancer accidentally bumped into her, knocked her phone & fell on the hard floor. cracked the screen, can't open the photo gallery & end up replacing her phone.

The 'culprit' seemed to offer consolation to pay for it, I told her it's ok, accidents happen. The pictures I posted were from my phone I told Pam to use so I can have a copy (just in case). Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
johnny reverb wrote:

I think Brian's wife, Pam, took a couple of videos. We are hoping to see them too. Johnny, I know you have been to several KS members show, but I would strongly suggest a stop at Brian's show.

I don't karaoke anymore....too hard to breathe and sing at the same time....lol.....diagnosed with heart failure about 4 years ago, turns out it runs in the family. Never smoked, never was much of a drinker, and was always into sports, and trying to keep in shape....couldn't trump bad genes......:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Sorry to hear, Johnny. I hope you’re taking good care of yourself. Heart disease runs in my family also. My 3 brothers succumbed to heart failures, probably attributed to smoking. I smoked for 25 years and that was an eye-opener, realization that helped me quit.

Keep it in check and stay in good health, my friend!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

My dad died from it at 60, my younger brother died from it at 59 in April, my older brother has it at 67, he's not doing very well......if you haven't already, you should get an Echocardiogram.......caught early, you might be able to slow down the progression of the disease.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman, I just sent two of my best singers to see you at the Thunderbird last Sunday evening. JT was running the show that night. Their names are William & Wendy. William has had a house, on a cliff, overlooking the Pugeant Sound, and was getting it ready for sale.

William told me that JT practicully begged them to stay. They were very tired and left early, but sang 3 or 4 songs each. The said they loved the setup you had and are sending me some pictures.

They had a great time and might come back tonight. Their big complaint was....... The smoke!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
jclaydon wrote:
We have slightly different seasons here in alberta.

there's Fall, "I'm Melting, kill me now" and "I'm freezing my nuts off, kill me now"

doesn't really seem to affect karaoke attendance for the shows I go to

-james

From Alberta too... I see it as Winter, and Construction.

First summer slow down we've experienced at my show. Hoping it kicks back up again in Sept.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:05 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
mrmarog wrote:
Their big complaint was....... The smoke!

Yeah that is a huge reason why we do not get the crowds we used to. At one time it was actually an asset, not so much anymore.

Hope they had a good time anyway, it would have been Saturday night if JT was working, April works on Sundays. I was actually working tonight. Send me the pics when you get them :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:21 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
We are just getting over the peak here in Niagara Falls, Canada, Karaoke is hopping with tons of singers from all over the world.

We are expecting a whopping labour day weekend then slowly bring down the karaoke party to nightly patio shows till mid October before ending the tourist season.

We may have a new contract with Franchise "Chuckies Roadhouse" at both locations throughout the winter months.

I have noticed the change in karaoke in 2017 has been more geared toward "teens and latino's" vs "Adele and Lady Gaga" singers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

BTW Brian, We will be in your neighborhood again in early October this year. We are taking a much longer trip this time. Last year was about 1 month and that was too short to go from Florida to California in a motorhome. We will be extending it 2 or 3 weeks.

Lonman, yes my friends had a very nice time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
BTW Brian, We will be in your neighborhood again in early October this year. We are taking a much longer trip this time. Last year was about 1 month and that was too short to go from Florida to California in a motorhome. We will be extending it 2 or 3 weeks.

Good to hear, Roger. Let me know the date and I’ll have that side-building parking space reserved for you - like last time. Regards to you & your family.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Brian A wrote:
Roger. Let me know the date and I’ll have that side-building parking space reserved for you - like last time.

Now THAT'S great Customer Service.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

cueball wrote:
Brian A wrote:
Roger. Let me know the date and I’ll have that side-building parking space reserved for you - like last time.

Now THAT'S great Customer Service.

Cue, that's only a very small part of what Brian did for my family on that visit. It was a visit I will never forget.