KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Show Presenter Pro Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Show Presenter Pro
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:48 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Is anyone else having a problem with Show Presenter Pro? I ran the original version for 14 years without problems. Got a virus on my laptop and purchased a new laptop and bought the pro version. Nightmare of a show. Show Presenter Pro kept shutting down during my show after each song. Some said it was Windows 10 causing the issue. Any help or advice appreciated!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Show Presenter Pro
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:34 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
kklewis2013 wrote:
Is anyone else having a problem with Show Presenter Pro? I ran the original version for 14 years without problems. Got a virus on my laptop and purchased a new laptop and bought the pro version. Nightmare of a show. Show Presenter Pro kept shutting down during my show after each song. Some said it was Windows 10 causing the issue. Any help or advice appreciated!

Possible windows 10 issue probably caused when auto update. Best to contact Support. Similar thing happened with me during an update, some softwares on my machine stopped working.

Something to try is:

right-click on the EXE file > Troubleshoot Compatability
Choose an earlier version of windows.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:19 pm 

[quote="kklewis2013"]Is anyone else having a problem with Show Presenter Pro? I ran the original version for 14 years without problems. Got a virus on my laptop and purchased a new laptop and bought the pro version. Nightmare of a show. Show Presenter Pro kept shutting down during my show after each song. Some said it was Windows 10 causing the issue. Any help or advice appreciated![/quote]

I tried the Pro version and did not like it. The older version is rock solid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:41 pm 

Yes I have just got new computer with Windows 10 using the new S P pro it's the trial program and it is doing the same so I will not be purchasing it I'll go to the old version

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:17 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Sax n Dotty been making awesome software for years, they are pretty good when it comes to fixes for their software.

If you contact support and let them know of the exact issue your having, they can pin point and fix right away.

Sometime just changing your Zip program helps. Many who wrote karaoke software use "Winzip" as default.

here is another thing you can try and may fix for you.

1) go to Folder Options and "Show" hidden folders
2) then go to C:/ > programdata > Delete this folder and all its contents "Digital Entertainer Limited"
3) Reinstall the latest version of SP.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:26 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
Mine is doing the same thing since windows 10 installed itself on my laptop, i'm trying to go back to windows 7 and see if it straightens out

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:03 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Windows 10 is awesome. Yes earlier versions caused some glitches in music software. I went through the restore process and reverted back to windows 7.

Update: I went back to windows 10 and after New installation, went to settings > update and got all the latest Windows 10 updates installed. Confirming all softwares including Sax n dotty's Show Presenter Pro working as it should.

Post your issue and I can try to recreate it here to test if you're still having issues after windows 10 latest updates.

Version tested is 4.72.1

Email also sent to SND support for Touch Screen friendly feature updates for future releases.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:22 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Windows 10 is awesome. Yes earlier versions caused some glitches in music software. I went through the restore process and reverted back to windows 7.

Update: I went back to windows 10 and after New installation, went to settings > update and got all the latest Windows 10 updates installed. Confirming all softwares including Sax n dotty's Show Presenter Pro working as it should.

Post your issue and I can try to recreate it here to test if you're still having issues after windows 10 latest updates.

Version tested is 4.72.1

Email also sent to SND support for Touch Screen friendly feature updates for future releases.

It wouldn't let me restore windows 7 after all, I've removed show presenter pro and re-installed it a couple times, still does the same thing, it will not play all my files now and its a big majority of them, but I can load Roxbox and it plays all the ones including the ones Show presenter pro will not play, I like the simplicity of showpresenter pro and it also plays audio only files for dancing and such. which unless I'm overlooking something roxbox doesn't

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:25 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Show Presenter pro also locks up occasionally when stopping a song and reboots itself.
I've downloaded numerous trial programs today to try and find one that plays karaoke and audio files, but haven't found one simple to use YET. I've tried compuhoust, debs, siglos, and a couple more I can't remember the names of, is there another program that is as simple as showpresenter pro that does both karaoke and audio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
Karma - www.karaosoft.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:58 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Wow, a lot of you give up on windows 10 pretty quickly. Anything that will run on windows 7 will run on Windows 10. However, some apps won't work after the "upgrade" process, and that's the part that's flawed. If you have problems like this, the thing to do is to go into Windows 10 control panel and use the "reset this PC" option, which basically reloads Windows 10 from scratch and fixes all those upgrade issues. Once that's done, any app that previously ran on 7, will run on the reloaded 10.

Also, even though the Windows 10 free upgrade program is over, if you ever used the upgrade, the Windows 10 license key (which is now stored in the BIOS chip of your computer) is still there, so you'll be able to upgrade again. However, during the upgrade process (or reload from scratch process, doesn't matter), when you get to the parts that ask for your license key, you need to choose the (very small) link that says to skip that for now. Once it's all loaded and rebooted, when you right click the "This PC" icon and choose properties, you should see (in the lower right) that it is indeed now activated (provided you were connected to the internet).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:04 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
rickgood wrote:

Easy does it! :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Karma is not the answer. I've used it for over a year and don't like it that much. The only problem I had with Windows Ten was Breakaway, once they did a new Ver. all problems gone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
I like Karma so much I use it exclusively to DJ as well and so does my son. We don't scratch or itch or whatever, just play music for private events, me mostly at resorts for pool parties. I rarely do karaoke anymore but when I did, karma was the easiest, cost effective solution available. Also use it for music videos. So if you're looking for an all around practical solution, check it out, free to download and free to try out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:38 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

What are your thoughts on using ITunes for audio only files ? I never thought about it until now, but transferred my audio only files to it yesterday, still using two programs though , which I didn't want to do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:26 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

There is a very simple touch friendly program you can use called SELECT-A-TRACK PLAYER. Super easy to use. free version has 1000 song limit but you can get the pro version from DEVELOPER's website for £199

If you like a player that has a fade to dj music and also Premium Karaoke 29000 song library option. definitely worth checking out KARAOKEMEDIA PRO SOFTWARE.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
There is a very simple touch friendly program you can use called SELECT-A-TRACK PLAYER. Super easy to use. free version has 1000 song limit but you can get the pro version from DEVELOPER's website for £199

If you like a player that has a fade to dj music and also Premium Karaoke 29000 song library option. definitely worth checking out KARAOKEMEDIA PRO SOFTWARE.

Here we go again! Another "greatest thing since sliced bread". How many "greatests" have there been since becoming a KS member nearly 14 months ago?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:01 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

just stating the obvious. Check them out for yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Kirks Karaoke wrote:
Karma is not the answer. I've used it for over a year and don't like it that much. The only problem I had with Windows Ten was Breakaway, once they did a new Ver. all problems gone.

Just goes to show personal taste is subjective. I purchased a few hosting software products thru the years, my first was sax& dotty, then pcdj, compuhost, karma, mtu hoster. Please don’t get me wrong. They’re great as well in their own way but I prefer karma. If I can say it again: It’s a matter of personal preference!

(but Bob is such a bu**hole). Never had a problem with tech support; maybe because my ‘conventional’ requests were within reason. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Brian A wrote:
Kirks Karaoke wrote:

Just goes to show personal taste is subjective. I purchased a few hosting software products thru the years, my first was sax& dotty, then pcdj, compuhost, karma, mtu hoster. Please don’t get me wrong. They’re great as well in their own way but I prefer karma. If I can say it again: It’s a matter of personal preference!

(but Bob is such a bu**hole). Never had a problem with tech support; maybe because my ‘conventional’ requests were within reason. :wink:

Oh, I still use it. I don't have to love a program to make use of it. I don't what to spend anymore money on software.