KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Blown Away By ????? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Blown Away By ?????
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:12 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Location: Macclesfield, ENGLAND Why won't the USA let honest people in?
Been Liked: 13 times
A 45th birthday party on Saturday night at my new venue. Ex-soldier. I didn't know what to expect. I'd been told Karaoke / Disco. I had a quick chat with his wife about likes/what to play etc. Off we went. The slips just poured in. None stop!!! All were amazing, honestly. The soldier man came over at about 11am and TOWERED over me and quietly said that he couldn't sing and if anyone has put a song in for him to please not put it on. NO PROBLEM!!!! It's done !!!
Anyway, a lady had put a request in for Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush. I was so busy putting songs in I hadn't got time to see what they actually were. So when the song came up I had to do a double take, and thought to myself, hmmmm this might just be a bit duff.
It wasn't. She was awesome and on the a long note in the middle the place erupted.
I have never ever experienced such an amazing night of karaoke before, so many great singers the 3 hours just vanished. We could have gone on to the early hours but the owner put a stop to it at 12 midnight because, and I kid you not, she was afraid of running out of beer and had to open the next day for Sunday Lunches.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Blown Away By ?????
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 126 times
Isn't is great? I love the nights when the time just zooms on by. Congrats on a job obviously well done. To me, there is no better feeling that to start your show and the next opportunity you have to check the time it's 3 or 4 hours later. It means your busy and people are having a good time!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Crazyface, The picture I posted in another thread shows that I had a very similar evening as yours. The bar ran out of Bacardi and Capt. Morgan! It too was a very fun evening..... congratulations :clapper:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Location: Macclesfield, ENGLAND Why won't the USA let honest people in?
Been Liked: 13 times
Thanks...life is currently GREAT !!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:32 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 38 times
Man, you gotta love those surprises. Nine out of ten gigs will deliver just what you expect, but it's the tenth one that surprises you and you have a great time doing it.

Mine was a cast wrap party for a Shakespearean theater troupe at an ampitheater deep in the woods. In retrospect that sounds like a lot of fun so I probably shouldn't have been surprised, but those actors were so much fun. No shyness, everyone was enthusiastic and supportive of one another, I even got goaded into singing a couple of times and those grown-up drama kids know how to make a dude feel like a star. Came back a year later and we had such a good time I blew right past the time I was contracted for and sang with them into the wee hours of the morning. And I've seen some advertisements for Twelfth Night going around so I assume I'll get a call pretty soon - can't wait!