KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Need help picking a professional system Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:27 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm an IT guy, the night club at one of my facilities has asked me to recommend a Karaoke system and it's not really something I know much about.

Here are some of the things we're looking for

-The main system will be in a DJ booth 30 feet or so from the stage
-I need a video output so I can have the words on a TV located on the stage
-Audio output would be great so i can pipe it into the existing sound system
-One or Two wireless mics
-A support line to call when the thing doesn't work 10 minutes before we need it to ;)

I was looking at an Iview 1000KOD but can't really find any info about the mics it uses and i'm not really getting the feeling that the company is available to support it. But this system at least has some features I like, a touch screen controller, separate PCbox, video output to a TV. I just don't know about the Mics.

ANyhow, open to any and all suggestions from people who know more about this than I do.

Thanks in advance

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
What is your budget?
You do not need a PA system (meaning they have all the amps, speakers, mixers for the mics and music)?
What about music?
You sound like you are JUST looking for a player and mics? They have their own PA but no mics?

As far as something with the support you are looking for - it simply doesn't exist with any system. Always have a back up plan.
Here are a set of cheap be decent wireless mics
http://www.amazon.com/GTD-Audio-G-733H- ... =gtd+audio

I I-view system is nothing but a high priced, low capability computer. You do NOT want to use anything you have to plug your mics into other than a good mixer. The quality of the mic input on most all machines are pure junk and it will show.
You'd be better off getting a laptop & a pro software that most pro kj's use ie Compuhost, MTU Hoster, Karma, Siglos, etc. for the player side. If the club does not have a mixer, seriously consider one. That is where the mics & laptop will plug into.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
You will still need to get the MUSIC. CD-G or downloads. That's the most expensive part !
An external sound card is the best way to go with a PC. Most DJ rigs in bars only have two mic inputs with no or limited tone controls for the mics. Loman is 100% with everything and alway a great source for info.

1 hdmi cable to the stage and a hdmi splitter to a vid monitor for the singers and at lest 1 for the audience.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:20 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Ok thanks guys. We do have a digital mixing board and there are wireless mics around that pipe through that through the sound system. Just keeping track of those mics at the facility it challenging , but that's a problem for them to figure out LoL.

I'll check out some of the software, thanks for that. The DJ booth does have a PC already there that helps run the mixer board. But a laptop could work maybe.. I assume the HDMI output would go in the mixer board and then use the VGA or DisplayPort output to run the lyrics screen?

I figure we'll need to also find and purchase/license a catalog of music from someplace since it's a public venue. I made it clear to them they can't just be downloading songs off the internet. Is there a good source for buying catalogs of music for Karaoke ?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
bushmaster2000 wrote:
Ok thanks guys. We do have a digital mixing board and there are wireless mics around that pipe through that through the sound system. Just keeping track of those mics at the facility it challenging , but that's a problem for them to figure out LoL.

I'll check out some of the software, thanks for that. The DJ booth does have a PC already there that helps run the mixer board. But a laptop could work maybe.. I assume the HDMI output would go in the mixer board and then use the VGA or DisplayPort output to run the lyrics screen?

I figure we'll need to also find and purchase/license a catalog of music from someplace since it's a public venue. I made it clear to them they can't just be downloading songs off the internet. Is there a good source for buying catalogs of music for Karaoke ?

It takes two screens to run a Karaoke show: 1:the Host (running the computer) and the 2: singer and audience screens. If you use a desk top PC you will need to add a second Vid card for the singer/audience screens. Some desk tops have two Vid outs. Loptops just make it easy, the lap top screen for the Host and the VGA or the HDMI for the singers screen. The SOUND CHOICE® Gem Is one way but not cheep. Karaoke Cloud is like renting. There are a lot of legal catalogs of music. Both downloads and disks. You may need to check on the laws of what country your in for more info.