KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke.net Concerns & Question ... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 48 times
... Sorry for being late in the game of congratulations to the "New Kid On The Block." Thanks for playing the game. ... Even if you've elected to walk in the Lion's Den!

...Have noticed there's been several responses to a couple of your threads. Cool! Like many here, I've been a KJ for many years (on and off for the past 25 plus years). Although never full time, it's been an adventure.

...Just have a few questions and hope this thread might open up a conversation about the business, in general. Please consider my personal input as no disrespect just concern as a potential customer. By the way, regardless of opinions, I think Party Tyme Karaoke Tracks are Very Good and have no problem using them!

...Now for my concerns:

... #1) Am assuming that you guys are getting the proper licensing for the Karaoke Tracks that you're making. :lol:

...#2) How many different media options are you offering (downloads, custom discs, streaming, etc.)

...#3) Will you be offering a detailed invoice for those who purchase your product?

...#4) Do you plan to do any auditing system of a KJ's Library?

...#5) Where are you guys located, U.S. or overseas?

... There's a chance that other question might be asked here, just wanted to open up a dialogue for the curious. Am sure you're well aware of the piracy firestorm that you guys have stepped into.

...By the way, my music request would be Alex Cooper - Only Women Bleed. Thanks for your time!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:37 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
MadMusicOne wrote:
...By the way, my music request would be Alex Cooper - Only Women Bleed.

I believe that would be "Alice" Cooper.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alan B wrote:
MadMusicOne wrote:
...By the way, my music request would be Alex Cooper - Only Women Bleed.

I believe that would be "Alice" Cooper.

... Apparently you haven't heard the "Cover Version" by ALEX (no make-up) version. Ha-Ha! :lol: ... The PC Police are coming after me ... Oh the shame. Ha-Ha! :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Here's a few answers for you...

MadMusicOne wrote:
... Sorry for being late in the game of congratulations to the "New Kid On The Block." ...

...Have noticed there's been several responses to a couple of your threads...

...Just have a few questions and hope this thread might open up a conversation about the business, in general. Please consider my personal input as no disrespect just concern as a potential customer...

...Now for my concerns:

... #1) Am assuming that you guys are getting the proper licensing for the Karaoke Tracks that you're making. :lol:
KSFGROUP wrote:
Party Tyme is a US company that does all of it's licensing in the US.
KSFGROUP wrote:
As it has been discussed at length on this forum in other threads, the PRO/Alphabets are paid by the venues for the performance rights of the songs in a commercial venue. Our (Party Tyme) licenses grant us the rights to sell you the content for both personal and commercial use. These two subjects are clearly spelled out as such and we wouldn't bother otherwise.
KSFGROUP wrote:
I can't speak for what other companies do or what their licenses contain as far as scope of rights. It is a meticulous process and I doubt any 2 are the same. It is up to the entity seeking the license to either agree with the scope of use offered or to add in what they want specifically to be added. It is a back and forth process that gets more and more expensive as the process goes on. The rule of thumb is - if you want specific rights, you better have it in writing. And that is what we have done. So, no - we don't pay more for the inclusion of commercial use of the content other than the legal fees and time it takes to get that language added in.

MadMusicOne wrote:
...#2) How many different media options are you offering (downloads, custom discs, streaming, etc.)

...#3) Will you be offering a detailed invoice for those who purchase your product?
KSFGROUP wrote:
1. The downloads will be mp3+g. We are also doing full HD but those versions are only going to be available for the streaming service which I haven't gone into any detail yet 8)
KSFGROUP wrote:
http://www.karaoke.net is the new site currently under development for custom burned discs and downloads. We invite you to add your email address for launch notification on the front page. Our anticipated launch is Nov. 1. The site will function the same as the Customburn site in the UK with a simple user interface, 30 second preview samples, fast shipping for discs, instant downloads and itemized receipts for all purchases.

MadMusicOne wrote:
... There's a chance that other question might be asked here, just wanted to open up a dialogue for the curious. Am sure you're well aware of the piracy firestorm that you guys have stepped into.

...By the way, my music request would be Alex Cooper - Only Women Bleed. Thanks for your time!
KSFGROUP wrote:
Song Requests

So much discussion regarding new songs.... Perhaps we can make it a little more simple, democratic and get everyone's engagement? What I would like you to do (Lonnie and other admins) is to start a Karaoke.net Song Requests thread. I will leave it to you guys to compile a monthly list of 8 songs that you let members vote on. How you do it is up to you. Maybe take suggestions until a certain date. Then start narrowing down the list based on popularity. Once you have your 8 songs by the end of the month that everyone is happy with -
Check the Song Requests section here... viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31914
That topic thread has been quite active with new requests, and Lonnie has been compiling a periodic list of the most requested titles.

MadMusicOne wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:42 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
I was just about to post my response and Cue beat me to it! Thanks Cue!

Quote:

No, we are not auditing KJ's. Our business model is based on creation of content and sales. The physical discs will continue to be sold throughout the mass merchants by Party Tyme and KSF will handle digital distribution. We are a service oriented enterprise with a goal to make the purchase of fully licensed, very high quality content, in the format most KJ's wish to have available to everyone.

Party time is based in California and KSF formed a US subsidiary last year based in Ohio.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Michael, you mentioned in an earlier post that KSF was remastering their newly acquired libraries (such as the Pocket Songs library). When you say remastering, were you referring to re-branding those libraries with the PartyTyme name, or actually remastering some of the musical and lyrical works? Also, are you making any corrections to some of the music that was reproduced with errors (timing errors, lyrical errors, etc...)?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:24 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
KSFGROUP wrote:
No, we are not auditing KJ's. Our business model is based on creation of content and sales. The physical discs will continue to be sold throughout the mass merchants by Party Tyme and KSF will handle digital distribution. We are a service oriented enterprise with a goal to make the purchase of fully licensed, very high quality content, in the format most KJ's wish to have available to everyone.

100% behind this!!! i am so excited to get going on that site (though i think it is going to cost me a LOT of money)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

cueball wrote:
Michael, you mentioned in an earlier post that KSF was remastering their newly acquired libraries (such as the Pocket Songs library). When you say remastering, were you referring to re-branding those libraries with the PartyTyme name, or actually remastering some of the musical and lyrical works? Also, are you making any corrections to some of the music that was reproduced with errors (timing errors, lyrical errors, etc...)?

Remastering meaning the audio. We were not happy with the the mixes and were able to improve them tremendously. The tracks have been converted into HD for our Home and Pro player and look great. They have been re-branded to Party Tyme with the same fonts, color wipes etc. Unfortunately we were not able to make any changes to the existing timings of the tracks. but we will provide a feedback form on the site to address any of these issues should there be any. In this case, we will send a corrected replacement of the track at no charge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

... Hey Cue, sorry for all that digging around and reposting that you had to do. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about reading those threads from several days back. But again, I appreciate it!

... KSFGROUP, just wanted to get a few questions answered, from a potential customer's standpoint, about your new Karaoke Company.

... Am sure there's many here, who "do not" care for audits and I understand. However, with Pandora's Piracy Box being opened for sometime now, it's forced some Karaoke Companies of the past out of business, along with other issues for some.

... Perhaps the KSFGROUP will make enough money from consumers (both professional and home users) to offset the potential losses from piracy. Hope so. It's nice to have a new kid on the block and thanks for corresponding with us!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:05 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

MadMusicOne wrote:
... Hey Cue, sorry for all that digging around and reposting that you had to do. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about reading those threads from several days back. But again, I appreciate it!

No need to apologize. I've asked questions (in the past) that were already addressed and answered in other topic threads, and some people here were kind enough to direct me to those answers. Just returning the courtesy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:36 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
They aren't really new in the game. Party Tyme has been around for years as well a KSF.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
They aren't really new in the game. Party Tyme has been around for years as well a KSF.

...Yeah, I suppose you're correct. As for me, I've never downloaded anything except for those Walmart Cards for All Star tracks. Well, All Star did send me a few freebies for purchasing some of their CDG Update Packages a few years back. Have never used KSF but have many Party Tyme CDGs and a few Pocket Songs CDGs. My only other source for updates, these past couple of years, has been Zoom in CDG. Perhaps I should have said the "Merger of these companies" is the new kid on the block? ... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:03 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
KSFGROUP wrote:
cueball wrote:

Remastering meaning the audio. We were not happy with the the mixes and were able to improve them tremendously. The tracks have been converted into HD for our Home and Pro player and look great. They have been re-branded to Party Tyme with the same fonts, color wipes etc. Unfortunately we were not able to make any changes to the existing timings of the tracks. but we will provide a feedback form on the site to address any of these issues should there be any. In this case, we will send a corrected replacement of the track at no charge.

you also stated on the facebook pages, that a lot of 'audio only' tracks are now full CDG does this mean that ALL the broadway tracks that were done will be available for sale?

I have been debating whether to get "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" and Suessical but they haven't been available as full karaoke tracks in forever.

Would also love to get the full disc of "into the woods"

Also my stage stars disc of Grease which happens to be the ONLY one in existence with the song "mooning' is cracked and only the vocal tracks work. I have been looking without success for even a music only disc, a full karaoke version would be even more awesome.

cheers

-james

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:56 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
you also stated on the facebook pages, that a lot of 'audio only' tracks are now full CDG does this mean that ALL the broadway tracks that were done will be available for sale?

I have been debating whether to get "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" and Suessical but they haven't been available as full karaoke tracks in forever.

Would also love to get the full disc of "into the woods"

Also my stage stars disc of Grease which happens to be the ONLY one in existence with the song "mooning' is cracked and only the vocal tracks work. I have been looking without success for even a music only disc, a full karaoke version would be even more awesome.

There are approximately 4000 audio only tracks that are being authored. Some were never done by PS because of licensing issues or other reasons. We are authoring everything and will release everything we get cleared. PS licensed several tracks from Stage Stars and those tracks are not part of the library. They were licensed as physical discs only.

Thanks
Michael
There have been several comments from people asking if we will recreate the discs on the custom site. It is being discussed internally and we will let you know what we come up with.