KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - RYOK - My First Roll..... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I rolled another but exported this one out as a 720p .AVI @ 30 FPS video file. Noticeably more readable and better quality.

MP3+G version is 7.14 Megs
720p .AVI version is 45 megs

Attachment:
HD Karaoke.png
HD Karaoke.png [ 795.81 KiB | Viewed 14858 times ]

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:18 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 38 times
I have a question for Chris and anyone else who has used Beethoven. How quickly does it paint the words on the screen initially?

My experience has been with Power CD+G Creator Pro v2.2.14 and Karaoke Builder Studio v3.0.280. I abandoned Power after a few song attempts because I found it extremely difficult to use and couldn't for the life of me figure how to fully customise the CDG file to my liking, beyond the pre-installed "themes" so therefore was not satisfied with the look and feel of the end result I was obliged to use.

I made a CDG track with KBS and had a lot more luck with it, but the recurring problem I encountered was with the speed at which the lyrics first appear on the screen, especially with line-by-line, my preferred swipe style. Even when I set the detail level to "fast wiping" I was required to tweak the lines display/remove settings significantly and repeatedly in order to achieve an acceptable result where the words appear just in time before they are due to be swiped. The song in question was "Rock And Roll Love Affair" by Prince, a moderately paced tune with only a few faster lyrics, and I still has difficulty. I imagine something as fast paced as "Ryan Adams : New York, New York" or "Elvis Presley : A little less conversation" would've proved impossible.

I read on here (I think Brucefan said this) that Sunfly use KBS for their graphics. Perhaps the issues I faced could explain their opting for the clear screen swipe method. Their fast song in particular are very hard to keep up with. I also read on here (Bruce again?) that Power Karaoke CD+G Creator is faster to paint the lyrics on the screen. I don't know which software Easy Karaoke use but their screens refresh pretty fast (from memory the first screen fades in and at the end goes blank and the lines for the second screen appear left to right at lightning speed, all subsequent screens follow this method.

To return to the point of the post, if Beethoven paints the words on the screen in a timely fashion then I may be interested, otherwise I'll make do with KBS and try to overcome the sluggishness by making clear screen CDGs with as few lines per page as possible... ironically a tactic used by Sunfly in years gone by that I loaved.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
better actually to have more lines on the screen when you have a really fast song and try to start a new page when there is any kind of pause in the lyrics. Using a smaller font and a plainer font also helps. someone recently told me that if you remove all of the borders on the lyrics, that also helps on a fast song. I don't have that Prince song so I couldn't try to "fix" it but the Ryan Adam's song is on a SC disc that plays ok. even with the page by page swipes. You can also adjust the time in between painting the lyrics and how quickly they swipe. What I do now if I get a really fast song; I render it with KBS and then I import it into Power and it handles the speed better. If there is still a problem, I shrink the font until it swipes ok. A lot of trial and error

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
BruceFan4Life wrote:
better actually to have more lines on the screen when you have a really fast song and try to start a new page when there is any kind of pause in the lyrics. Using a smaller font and a plainer font also helps. someone recently told me that if you remove all of the borders on the lyrics, that also helps on a fast song. I don't have that Prince song so I couldn't try to "fix" it but the Ryan Adam's song is on a SC disc that plays ok. even with the page by page swipes. You can also adjust the time in between painting the lyrics and how quickly they swipe. What I do now if I get a really fast song; I render it with KBS and then I import it into Power and it handles the speed better. If there is still a problem, I shrink the font until it swipes ok. A lot of trial and error

this is the reason I don't want it a lot of wasted time...btw..bruces....HIGH HOPES IS NOW OUT ON KARAOKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I have not had an opportunity to really dig into it yet. Did a few tracks early today. One of which I have determined will take me a lot longer than I may feel is worth to fix.

If you get a 2 Star rated lyric, you will have a 2 star experience. That much seems to be consistent so far.

-Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
deleted and bumped further up....

Last edited by Cueball on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

GeminiMALE40 wrote:
BruceFan4Life wrote:

this is the reason I don't want it a lot of wasted time...btw..bruces....HIGH HOPES IS NOW OUT ON KARAOKE

who made High Hopes?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:48 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
BruceFan4Life wrote:
GeminiMALE40 wrote:

who made High Hopes?

I didn't really search much, but I did come up with this one...
http://www.sbikaraoke.com/site/search/r ... n?t=T28436

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

EXCELLENT! THANK YOU, CUEBALL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Ok so i just recieved my RYOK disc in the mail.

first I read all the instructions that were available.. Seemed straight forward enough so I attempted to use the lyrics for the pop song "Right There" by Ariana Grand. Two Star rating for the lyrics. Compared them to the mpx file as suggested, seemed fine to me so after loading the song in Beethoven, and pasting the lyrics I press the combine button. 12 lines in, the editor spits out and error. Something about not having background lyriics so I tried editing out all the lines in brackets.. Still nothing.. So i go back to the original lyrics and manage to get a lrc file made with the time codes etc. Paste this in to the second program, hit preview.. TOTALLY out of sync, completely unusable.

So I figured i would try something simpler.

So I tried "Perfume" by Britney spears.. five star rating by stellar site. Click on Link, copy and paste directly into Beethoven. Click on combine.. No Errors. Paste lrc file into second program, hit preview.. Success!! Whole thing took less than two minutes. So I create a CDG file.. Load it into my karaoke player and for some reason it skips the last word of each page even tho it played perfectly when I clicked on the 'test lyric' button..

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but at this point, I don't have the patience to figure it out.

I don't think I will be buying anymore tracks at this point and time

-James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
James . . . thank you for your honesty and your comments. This type of criticism is greatly appreciated as it helps us to improve the product. After reading your post with regard to the Ariana song, I attempted to process it myself and was able to confirm everything that you stated. Unfortunately this song is probably one of the most difficult songs to render. Even attempting to render this in a full CDG creator software application such as Power Karaoke or Karaoke Builder Studio would be a nightmare. Then again it's songs like this that make Beethoven attractive to would be Do It Yourself users.

I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that there is much to be learned from the first release of any software application and Beethoven is no exception, and while the issues that you cited may seem insurmountable they really shouldn't be all that difficult to fix. We will get to work right away on fixing the issues that you've raised and will get that fix out to you and everyone else that has purchased this product as soon as it is ready.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:27 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

James . . . also I failed to address the premature clear screen issues that you stated. We've taken note of your comments and will be working on that issue as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:00 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

After listening to the song "Right There" again, the problem lies within the overlap in the song. In version 1.0 of Beethoven the final time stamp file is created in Karaoke Lyrics Editor a 3rd party application of which we have no control. The only way to handle overlapping vocals is to either employ a split screen or some other method by which two separate lines of text can be wiped simultaneously neither of which is a feature of Karaoke Lyrics Editor, but will be in future versions of Beethoven.

There are any number of songs like this but this one song in particular is probably a good example of the worst of its kind in terms of authoring the lyrics. There are a few other songs with overlapping vocal lines that are seemingly handled much better. Whether or not they're acceptable would be at the discretion of the individual user.

Regarding the premature clear screen displays . . . this is again a problem with Karaoke Lyrics Editor and will be addressed in the next version of Beethoven. In the meantime however we will attempt to provide a work-around to accommodate this past release of RYOK.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I'm going to have to take my computer in. It keeps locking up on me, but I don't think it has anything to do with the program - When no programs are running I noticed my task manager stating I am using 75% CPU and over half physical memory. Me thinks I caught some bad cold!! So until I get it fixed, I am going to be dead in the water as far as playing with this. I can bareley navigate internet it's so slow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:33 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Bastiat wrote:
James . . . also I failed to address the premature clear screen issues that you stated. We've taken note of your comments and will be working on that issue as well.

I hope you come up with a better solution than I did, but for the moment you can kind of sort of make it passable by adding extra spaces and/or punctuation at the end of the second or last word *or both* it really depends on the individual song.

I just kinda had to play around with it until I came up with something that I could live with.

-James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Funny thing. I got a near perfect version of stay even thought it said I had lines missing in beethoven. Took me three tries to get it correct. Even though Heart of dixie is a five star song, some of the timing was off.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:33 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

James . . . regarding the premature screen issue, we are working on a work-around, similar to what you have done, but a little more elegant in that it won't require the user to "play with it" or add any spaces to the lyrics file. There is no actual solution in the software because as I said the problem isn't with Beethoven itself but with Karaoke Lyrics Editor. We have already made some slight changes in Beethoven (not significant enough to designate it as a version update) that addresses a couple of other issues.

As far as the problematic lyrics issues such as the one you're experiencing with "Right There", the easiest work-around that we can come up with thus far is to provide a "lyrics fix" file. We could do that immediately however we need to get the okay from our attorneys before we issue a "lyrics fix" file. It may just be a question of the format or the way in which we can provide this fix or there may not be any practical solution that can be legally offered. If the latter is the case, we just may be forced to stay away from songs like this in the RYOK lineup.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

To DannyG2006 - I'm not sure why some of the timing would be off in the "Heart Of Dixie", but we'll try to get the same result. Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:22 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Bastiat wrote:
James . . . regarding the premature screen issue, we are working on a work-around, similar to what you have done, but a little more elegant in that it won't require the user to "play with it" or add any spaces to the lyrics file. There is no actual solution in the software because as I said the problem isn't with Beethoven itself but with Karaoke Lyrics Editor. We have already made some slight changes in Beethoven (not significant enough to designate it as a version update) that addresses a couple of other issues.

As far as the problematic lyrics issues such as the one you're experiencing with "Right There", the easiest work-around that we can come up with thus far is to provide a "lyrics fix" file. We could do that immediately however we need to get the okay from our attorneys before we issue a "lyrics fix" file. It may just be a question of the format or the way in which we can provide this fix or there may not be any practical solution that can be legally offered. If the latter is the case, we just may be forced to stay away from songs like this in the RYOK lineup.

If you can't issue a specific 'fix file' then I would even be happy with just a general set of instructions on how to get around it until the the next release of Beethoven. I'll say one thing in your favour, this should be a pretty big motivator to get the new release out as soon as is feasable :lol:

Just as an aside, I had a listen thru all the MPX files for Country, Pop and Urban and I am super happy that the quality of your music hasn't diminished. In fact, in some cases I would even go as far to say that it has gotten BETTER.

-James

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:36 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
late last night I tried to put together Perfume and it came out with lyrics being way off ahead of the music when I played the mpx version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next