KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Any new LEGAL library options? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I should also point out that I am using "overseas" rather broadly to include Canadian suppliers. Seems the Great White North has some of the lowest cost downloads these days.

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:30 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
to the best of my knowledge, your not entirely wrong Chris.

to the best of my knowledge, the licensing that exists in the UK is a blanket license that includes every artist. If a producer doesn't want their music included in this blanket licesne, they specifically have to write letters and 'opt out' of the agreement.

There are differences tho. For example, I believe there are laws that once a karaoke track is made, the whole thing is considered a 'new work' which means that the songs that zoom produced are owned by them, lock stock and barrel which means they can do whatever they want with them, and the original copyright owner has nothing to say about it.

-James

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
chrisavis wrote:
I could also be wrong and it is just a matter of different licensing and copyright laws overseas that allow Zoom, Karaoke Version and the others to make the karaoke without the blessing of the "No Fly List" artists.

I seem to remember Joe (from ZOOM Karaoke) once posting on (the now deceased) JOLT Forum, that the work-around to producing certain Artists (such as Don Henley), was to issue a multi-artist disc. He said something (way back when) along the lines of, they (ZOOM) weren't allowed to issue a Full Single Artist disc. That's probably changed by now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
I remember that too, Cue, as well has later difficulties finding single artist Legends, Sound Choice Star Series, and CB Artist Series. I too have no idea if this has changed as of late.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:27 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I thought I would resurrect my own old post...haha!

Guess what? I find myself in the same situation but a different venue. We just need help on a library. This is something that they will pay for and I honestly don't know how long I'll be part of their little experiment.

Tons of things have happened since my last post and after some research once again with streaming options I've only found two. Justkaraoke which is $50 for the software and $35 a month to stream 10k+ songs unlimited times and Karaoke Cloud which I am unable to get much information on at all. Both claim that they are fully licensed to be used in bars by professional kjs. Karaoke Cloud is quite crappy with it's web based player and I can't even see how a person could run a show using it.

If there are any other streaming services that I'm missing, please let me know. I appreciate everyone's opinion about buying discs, etc but that is just not a viable option for this venue and situation so I'd appreciate it if responses were on topic about streaming services.

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
djdawg wrote:
I thought I would resurrect my own old post...haha!

Guess what? I find myself in the same situation but a different venue. We just need help on a library. This is something that they will pay for and I honestly don't know how long I'll be part of their little experiment.

Tons of things have happened since my last post and after some research once again with streaming options I've only found two. Justkaraoke which is $50 for the software and $35 a month to stream 10k+ songs unlimited times and Karaoke Cloud which I am unable to get much information on at all. Both claim that they are fully licensed to be used in bars by professional kjs. Karaoke Cloud is quite crappy with it's web based player and I can't even see how a person could run a show using it.

If there are any other streaming services that I'm missing, please let me know. I appreciate everyone's opinion about buying discs, etc but that is just not a viable option for this venue and situation so I'd appreciate it if responses were on topic about streaming services.

Thanks guys!

Karaoke Cloud Pro is for bars ect. and is only usable with more pro software like karaoki Compuhost and anther I can't remember. You download the lib. and then use it. Streming is doable but depending on net speed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:51 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Have the internet and buy as needed, selectkaraoke.com karaoke-version.com allstarcustom.com are my gotos. When someone asks for a song youdont have, go to one of those sites, if they have it - buy it. Then you have it and the customer sings it. Then you can use it with any software you prefer.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile