KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Inflation.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Inflation....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Anyone else notice the ridiculously high prices people are listing Sound Choice karaoke for on eBay these days? Way beyond what I would ever pay. Mind you this is the LISTING price, not necessarily the price it sells for. Most of the discs don't sell and the owners drop the pricing over time, but it seems more than hopeful to expect to get $25 for a USED disc that has few to zero songs that would be requested very often or at all.....even if it is OOP.

Even more interesting is how offended some of the owners get when you PM them to make a bulk offer and they go on their "I paid $30 per disc new!!!!" rant. When I need a good chuckle, I really lowball them. Some of the replies are unbelievably comical. :)

Just amazing to me that people think that people want to believe that USED discs still hold 90% or more of their retail value across the board regardless of content.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Inflation....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Yes I have noticed the same thing on ebay. And they want to charge you 3-4 bucks shipping as well. $29.95 used plus shipping or $17.95 new shipping included. I don't buy many disc anymore maybe a rare out of print once in a while.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:54 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Things are always worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If they sell at $25, then that's what it was worth to someone. If the seller priced too high, the market will correct that price.

No reason to worry about what they are asking or what they think the value is, it's pretty irrelevant. They figure out what the true value is eventually! :o

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:20 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
They also just have to wait for someone like me to come along who has had 3 singers asking for the same song that was only put out by SC years ago. With no Custom site anymore and new inventory shrinking that means finding the used disc.

I have a nice list of ones I just can't afford to pay $30 a song to get but I did it once for a song that had sentimental value to a couple--actually I was lucky enough to have it turn up at a used book store for less but I think it was still close to $20. It is rare I will go that far but this was a special song to several people and it does get done every week.

But yes--I noticed the raise in price when I was looking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Not SC related, but a few months ago, I saw 1 person selling a bunch of JVC CDGs on e-bay. She had each of them listed in a separate auction at $9.99 each. There were about 15 discs that I saw which I was interested in, so I contacted the Seller through e-bay, asking if she would be willing to offer a discounted price on a bulk purchase. She replied back that she was not willing to go down on her price because she said she needed the money. Well, 1 week later, all of her auctions ended, and none of the discs sold. She then relisted them and put the starting price at $4.99. I put bids on all of the discs I was interested in, and ended up with winning bids on 10 of the 15 I had wanted. My winning bids ranged between $4.99 to $8.99. Even tho I didn't win the bids for all of the discs I had wanted, I ended up getting those discs at even less than I was expecting to if she had given me a little break on her price for the 15 discs originally.

She now has another handful of JVC discs out there on e-bay at the $9.99 again. I am going to wait and see if they get relisted again at a lower price.

Last edited by Cueball on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:07 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
the thing that really ticks me off is when the disc I find on ebay is sold thru ace karaoke. They will only send discs to Canada via UPS world wide priority shipping which is $40.

Talk about a rip off. :o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
jclaydon wrote:
the thing that really ticks me off is when the disc I find on ebay is sold thru ace karaoke. They will only send discs to Canada via UPS world wide priority shipping which is $40.

Talk about a rip off. :o
I have no idea what they might charge for delivery here in the US, but maybe you can get one of us to accept delivery and then forward it on to you.
Although, that might end up costing even more than the $40 (depending how it would be sent by Ace and then by one of us).